It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States May Remain In Iraq Until 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
By the looks of this article the United States has plans to maintain current troop levels until 2010.

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Army has plans that would keep the current level of troops in Iraq — about 15 brigades — through 2010, the top Army officer said Wednesday.

"This is not a prediction that things are going poorly or better," Schoomaker told reporters. "It's just that I have to have enough ammo in the magazine that I can continue to shoot as long as they want us to shoot."

www.foxnews.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Nothing definite by the sounds of it. It does sound like they are preparing people to live with the Iraq war until past 2010 though.

How likely do you guys think it is that US and coalition troops will stay in Iraq past 2010 and for what reasons?

Personally I think the mission isn't complete. Regardless of the reasons it was attacked in the first place it would be extremely unwise to leave Iraq right now. The country is still getting on its feet with a new government and constitution. An extremist take over or civil war in Iraq would have rather extreme consequences in my opinion.

[edit on 11/10/2006 by doctorfungi]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
True, The mission is not complete as yet. Halliburton, Brown&Root and various other subsidiaries have not as yet wrung to rag dry yet. There's still millions to be made while young men with good intensions die!....We'll still be in Iraq in 2020!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Granted, There's to much potential for American corporations to make lots of money in that country.
The military.. well there paid to die..
The corporations have sacrified so much capital and money to build hte foundations for a long and prosperous occupation...

We cant have them stressing and sweating in vein can we..

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
True, The mission is not complete as yet. Halliburton, Brown&Root and various other subsidiaries have not as yet wrung to rag dry yet. There's still millions to be made while young men with good intensions die!....We'll still be in Iraq in 2020!

KBR lost the contract over here. It put up for re-bid in July. I believe Dimensions International got the contract. Not sure when they take over though.

Say what you will about KBR, but i know the troops over here prefer KBR-run chow halls over MRE's or some Army field kitchen any day. I know i do. Ate MRE's for 3 1/2 months, don't care to ever repeat that experience.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
I know i do. Ate MRE's for 3 1/2 months, don't care to ever repeat that experience.

Too bad you didn't have C-Rations. Now, those were tasty, indeed. I could live on those forever.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
2010? I thought this war was only supposed to last a few months?

top topics

join