It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Any Cost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
www.acctv.com.au...

A missionary family with the group - Jesus At Any Cost - was in Pakistan. They were kidnapped and were told - convert to the Religion of Peace or die. The family obviously wasn't going to convert so their children were tortured, raped, and murdered. If i read the article correctly - the parents escaped.

Pakistani officials dispute their claim.

As a parent I would NOT take my child into a place like that knowing that people would eventually try to kill us. I know that some Christians think it's their duty to spread the Word, but I wouldn't risk my childs life like that.

I'm reporting .. you decide ...

www.acctv.com.au...

[edit on 10/11/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well I guess that "at any cost" thing came back to bite them in the ass, huh? I have no problem with people declaring their love for Jesus but I have a huge problem with missionarys who think they can pop into any country and "convert the heathens". Really, it's insulting.

And for God's sake why would you drag your kids to Pakistan? I don't even drive through the bad parts of town with my kids in the car! Dumb, dumb, dumb!

I can't stand people like this, grrrr.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman
Well I guess that "at any cost" thing came back to bite them in the ass, huh? I have no problem with people declaring their love for Jesus but I have a huge problem with missionarys who think they can pop into any country and "convert the heathens". Really, it's insulting.

Now thats what I am talking about. Those missionaries are true religious extrimists. I can not stand people that promote religion this way.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The one fishy thing about this is that the kids were raped, tortured, and murdered but if I read the story correctly; the parents got away unharmed? Or did I read it wrong?

The parents were wrong to bring their children into that environment knowing that if they were caught they children would be harmed and/or killed.

IF this story is true and IF the events happened as it is told, then I see the parents being wrong for going out of their way to bring their children into that dangerous situation AND I see the terrorists as wrong (of course) for rape, torture, and murder of children (of anyone really).

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by theTRUTHtheWAY

Originally posted by stanstheman

Now thats what I am talking about. Those missionaries are true religious extrimists. I can not stand people that promote religion this way.

While I think it's somewhat crazy that missionaries should venture into the heart of rural fundemental Pakistan with their kids and make attempts at conversion, if this is true, this is hardly the best response to make.

I thought it was standard missionary procedure to establish oneself, become a helping hand in the community, heal the poor etc., before preaching salvation by Jesus. What happened?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
TRULY that is a horrible shame - on behalf of those kids, mainly....and I feel deeply for the parents, too.

BUT what the heck?!?!? It is foolish and not productive to go into a nation which has its own long-established religion and think conversion is the battle cry!!!!

This is harsh (but so be it):

Those who would 'go out into the world and spread the word of God' ought to READ it, FIRST!

But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion [parched place], and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. [in the pure sense Jerusalem is 'city founded with peace']

And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.

For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.

~Micah 4:1-5

It's ALL WRONG.....all wrong the way man thinks to bring about God's will.

God desires peace but man puts his family in the line of fire for something futile and never intended in the first place!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The one fishy thing about this is that the kids were raped, tortured, and murdered but if I read the story correctly; the parents got away unharmed? Or did I read it wrong?

I think you're right, it said something about the parents "being saved by God" who I guess was otherwise occupied while the terrorists were cutting their daughter's breast off.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What can be said???

Another sick, derpraved example of muslims in action.

Did they have to convert-NO!!!
Did they have to listen-was a gun pointed at them-NO!!

Was it wrong to bring innocent children to such a sick and violent place,YES!!!!!!
(For those who don't think it is a sick and violent place, what do YOU call the rape and murder of choldren for the crime of their parents being a different religion)

I mean, I find religious people going door to door anoying, but I would not rape and kill their children, but some "peacefull" religions seem to have no problems with it.

new topics

top topics

join