It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea sees U.S. pressure as 'act of war'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
N. Korea says that any more pressure from the US will be considered an "act of war!" N. Korea says that any more pressure, aka sanctions will be considered as an act of war against the US. The article goes onto say that although the US thought the Nuclear explosion was 1/2 kiloton Russia says it was between 5 and 15.

www.cnn.com
SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea said Wednesday that increased U.S. pressure against the communist regime would be considered an act of war.

"If the U.S. keeps pestering us and increases pressure, we will regard it as a declaration of war and will take a series of physical corresponding measures," the North's Foreign Ministry said in a statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The way I see it, North Korea has been preparing for this war for sometime. It seems to me that NK bet the farm on this a while back and now is the moment of truth.

The US cannot allow for NK to have a nuke nor can they allow NK to extort us because of it, both would set a terrible precedent for the US.

Why does Russia think that this explosion by NK was in the range of 5 to 15 kilotons when the US thinks it was 1/2 kiloton? Who is using this as disinformation? Could this mean that Russia might secretly be supporting NK?

[edit on 11-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't even think their support for NK is that secret. North Korea is a definitely a proxy state for Russia and China. If I were them I'd be sitting back watching the US begin to sweat. They know Iraq has sapped our strength to the point of being ineffective and they'd probably welcome the excuse for a regional war. Then they could grab some real estate and resource's while everything's happening.

Russia and China have been buddying up since the USSR collapsed. China want's regional hegemony worse than we realize and I think NK serve's a purpose in the scheme of thing's.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's time to punish Russia and China for its lethargic and indifferent attitude towards N. Korea and Iran. How can we punish the two countries for their behavior, what about helping Japan and S. Korea to become regional Nuclear Powers.

We have seen far too many carrots within this Asian region, now it's time for some sticks!

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
It's time to punish Russia and China for its lethargic and indifferent attitude towards N. Korea and Iran.

Why not punish israel, unless you want double standards?. Why agree to a nuclear deal with india even though they have not signed the NPT?

Arent they the Same restrictions the US wants to be handed to North Korea?. Because US diplomacy only helps US interest

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted by chinawhite
Because US diplomacy only helps US interest

Well there's a shocker! A countrie's diplomacy geared toward it's own interest's, how outlandish!

I agree the NPT has utterly failed due to lack of diligence on our part. The only thing left to do is nuke up our allie's wherever they face nuke equipped enemie's.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hasn't Israel been punished enough, or would you like for the US, Japan and South Korea to start lobbing ICBM's across China's border.

What is the difference between India and North Korea having nuclear weapons? Hmm, maybe one is getting them for defensive means while the other is specifically pursuing them for offensive means.

China would still be a third world country if it wasn't for US diplomacy. US diplomacy doesn't just help American interests it helps all of human interests by standing up for human rights, something China could learn a thing or two about.

China is only diplomatic when something pertains to them, they would never be able to stop a Hitler, Stalin, or a Mao until after they have done their damage.

Finally, I just saw a headline on Fox News that said that there was no radiation detected on the entire Korean pennisula now, I wonder what North Korea and Russia are saying about the radiation levels?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If you want to punish China, let nuclear tech..."slip" to Taiwan and let "THEM" test a few nukes.

That should get China's attention.

Then the US can veto any and all action that China wants to take against them.

Do the same for SK and Japan.

As for Russia, how about arming all the breakaway provicences with nuclear weapons and let Russia deal with that.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Breaking news on Fox News, China now says there is no nuclear evidence in N Korea of the nuclear tests.

I agree Mr, any of those would get China and Russia's attention for sure!

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Mr Monsoon,

Absolutely, Absolutely, and Absolutely.

They can dish it out, let's see if they can take it!

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Hasn't Israel been punished enough

Punished by who?.

Dont give me anything about the holocaust, I think that has been over dramatised enough. The Palestinians and Lebanese had nothing to do with the holocaust, when did they have to make room for Europes problem?

maybe one is getting them for defensive means while the other is specifically pursuing them for offensive means.

They are both defensive. North Korea has stated many times that it will give up its nuclear program if the US signs a non-agression pact with the North Koreans. The war between America, South Korea and North Korea is still technically active. its the US refusal to end this conflict which is forcing the North Koreans to acquire weapons to protect itself from American agression (Iraq, Iran, Afganistan).

If you know a little background about local korean history you will know they have a reason to worry about their safety. A local neo-converative Japanese polictican has been appointed in japan while America has been invading every country and spreading "American values" all over the world. Im sorry, but i dont see the world through the same eyes as an american

China would still be a third world country if it wasn't for US diplomacy.

China is a third world country Because of US diplomacy. It was the US refusal which led china to lean on the Soviet union and embargo chinese products ater china became communist.

US diplomacy doesn't just help American interests it helps all of human interests by standing up for human rights

Oh, thats right. The great campaigner for human rights

ABU GHRAIB

My Lai

No Gun Ri Massacre

They are just three selective events of American kindness

Finally, I just saw a headline on Fox News that said that there was no radiation detected on the entire Korean pennisula

I heard different

North Korea's Nuke Test-Radiation Confirmed

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A preliminary analysis of air samples from North Korea shows "radioactive debris consistent with a North Korea nuclear test," according to a statement from the office of the top U.S. intelligence official.

The statement, from the office of Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte, was sent to Capitol Hill but not released publicly. CNN obtained it from a congressional source.

If confirmed, the nuclear weapons test that North Korea claimed it conducted on Monday would be the first of its kind since Pakistan's underground blast in 1998.
CNN

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Chinawhite, you take the low road, and I'll take the high road. Here is some reading material for you! You show me Abu Graib, I'll show you the Great Leap Forward! Hmm a few soldiers getting embarrassed or millions of citizens getting murdered what is the worst human rights crime, this might be difficult for you to quantify Chinawhite!

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You show me Abu Graib, I'll show you the Great Leap Forward!

Get off your horse, America is not the knight in shinning armour

You can show me proof of millions of civillans, as i remember the numbers of deaths from the Great Leap Forward were all based on census figures NOT, birth certificates, eye witnesses, ......actual proof.To top that off, they were using PRC data to calulate this information. And you do realise they took into account, PROJECTED births to work out the amount of deaths

If you want, we could discuss the reasons behind the famie in china

Abu Graib is a different comparison, you came in with a self proclaimed title of a liberator yet you replaced saddam with Torture worse than saddam

[edit on 14-10-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Chinawhite,

The things going on in Iraq are horrific. But you make it sound like the US is the one torturing people for fun. The fact of the matter is, even with all of her imperfection's, the world would be far worse off without America.

I'm sure you'll disagree, so what would the world look like if America had never existed?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
LowOrbit I guess we must punish China after all right?

OK lets boycott China goods,

Wait!!!!!!!!!

That will mean boycotting Wahl-Mart

I guess corporate American will never let that happen to poor low income citizens to be stripped of their wal-mart and cheap china goods.

We are a nation of consumers after all.

NO, we are stuck because our leaders foreign policies and the greed of corporate American that love sleeping with the enemy as long as is profits to be made.

NK needs to be given a lesson but NK was never in President Bush list of priorities.

So beware people because they will be coming to our beaches and they are going to invade us.

I say bomb their nuclear plants that is what US is good for, right? shock and awe? anyone.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why can't we boycott China and corporate America?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Low Orbit is not as easy as it sounds, see they own American, American doesn't belong to the Americans anymore, we are just consumers.

I believe that NK should be dealt with regardless of China or any other country that oppose sanctions.

But for some reason our government seems too reluctant to do just that.

I believe that it has to be more with business and monetary reasons than anything else.

Because it was not problem attacking Afghanistan and then going after Iraq.

Nk is nothing more than just a poor country.

It could be so easy to go after their nuclear plants.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Marge,

Agree with that course of action. But on the other hand, Iraq has burned our prez so bad, He's shell shocked! Traumatic Stress Disorder, straight up.

new topics

top topics

join