It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pic of a Crashed UFO??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Now what on earth (pun unintended) is this? A crashed unidentified flying disc? Or one of those German saucers?

In either case it's too small for anyone to fit in. Or perhaps the aliens were some midget variety that we haven't heard of before?

Take a look and decide. The pic doesn't look to be hoaxed. There was no photoshopping during WWII !

UFO Crash Recovery of a downed craft
found and recovered by Russians
between the years 1940 and 1945.

Courtesy:Burlinngtonews

Source

[edit on 11-10-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hmmm, that's a really interesting one, i have never seen that pic before. Your right it's a bit small for anyone to fit in!, funny how most of the craft is above the surface. If you have seen the Russian UFO footage you will see that half of the craft was buried in snow and soil from the impact, this one doesn't seem to have much debris around..

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
One thing that strikes me as odd about the photo is that I believe that most older Russian tanks had no support rollers, and more widely spaced road wheels than the one in the background.

I don't remember for a fact, but the things I learned in the military many moons ago seem to recall those things...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Been discussed
here already.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by therainmaker
One thing that strikes me as odd about the photo is that I believe that most older Russian tanks had no support rollers, and more widely spaced road wheels than the one in the background.

I don't remember for a fact, but the things I learned in the military many moons ago seem to recall those things...

You dont know many tanks then

Its just a BMP, one of the most well known IFVs in the world.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by merka]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by therainmaker

Its just a BMP, one of the most well known IFVs the world.

If it's a BMP then the photo isn't from WW2. The first BMP was made in the early 1960s.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Blimey. I killed the thread. That's a first.

Wig

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Can't you tank experts identify the tank with an external picture of the same tank? All this talk of BMP and IFV is giving me AFS (abbreviation fatigue syndrome).

At least then we will have a date window for the picture.

My 2p the tank wheels look like a T34 but the the track seems to be way above the tops of the wheels, quite unlike any T34 pictures I can find.

The first russian tank with support rollers from my research was the T64 but the the wheels look too big for T64
www.enemyforces.com...
so it must be a model within the range T34 to T62 but the apparent support rollers is a mystery.

[edit on 21/11/2006 by Wig]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Laugh, that's the photo I'm working to upload as my avatar, it's been around awhile but it's a rare one. I'll have to find another for an avatar now. No problem it's public domain and I'm happy to see it posted. There are a couple of other pics of Russian-found vertical in-the-mud saucers too.

It's one of only 30 or so I think may be real. Mainly due to it's rarity and such things as the illuminated pods along the side. The old Uniform of the Russian soldier I'm told after checking with a contact in Russia, fits the period of 1940-42. And the tank he couldn't be sure of. I'm not familiar with Russian tanks of WWII. Perhap's it's WWI leftover?, assuming tanks were used in WWI?

Dallas

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is my first post here on this site. But I study World War 2 extensivly and am familiar with just about every tank and vehicle used. My opinion is the vehicle seen here if it is from 40-42 as someone else said is not russian at all. At first glance it would appear to me to be a captured german stug3b. If it were a t-34 the back part of the turret would be visible and it isnt. This suggests to me its not a tank but a self propelled gun such as stug or russian SU. If its later than 42 other possibilites exist as I said with the SU series or ISU. But I would bet it is a captured german Stug III b or E, if later could also be G model. The closes russian tank it resembles (as I said at first glance without close scrutiny) would be a BT-5 or Bt-7 but as I said you can see no turret parts. I will look closer at this picture and compare to others for a better analysis.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

The website wwiivehicles.com has some good pictures to use. Im new so I dont really know what Im doing or if i posted the picture right. But the website will help. Look at the su-122 for the russians or sturmgeshutz aka stug for germans particularly the stug 3b early war version not later g model.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
why is it so vertical?? almost like a cartoon, a real aircraft plunging verticaly into the earth at highspeeds would atleast break up or snap.. i think, correct me if im wrong.
AND LOOK HOW FAR ITS GONE INTO THE GROUND, YOUD THINK THE THE WIEGHT OF TEH CRAFT WOULD CAUSE IT TO FALL OVER...

[edit on 22-11-2006 by gtirlad]

Wig

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm trying to join a military forum to get some second opinions.

The Stug IIIB idea is a good one it certainly looks similar, but there are some parts not matching.

In the UFO pic note the kind of shockabsorber shape thing on/above the rear wheel also note the horizontal line running behind all the wheels at about 7/8ths height, below this line it is dark indicating the structure of the 'tank' goes inwards at this point. the stug IIIB has a structure which goes all the way down behind the wheels, so no horizontal line.

[edit on 22/11/2006 by Wig]

Wig

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gtirlad
why is it so vertical?? almost like a cartoon, a real aircraft plunging verticaly into the earth at highspeeds would atleast break up or snap.. i think, correct me if im wrong.
AND LOOK HOW FAR ITS GONE INTO THE GROUND, YOUD THINK THE THE WIEGHT OF TEH CRAFT WOULD CAUSE IT TO FALL OVER...

You're attributing characteristics of our man made technology to a possible alien made space craft.

Think of a discus (sporting event) a solid disc if that hits soft ground it can stick in the ground. so if the craft is strong enough the concept is not impossible.

Personally I'm working on the idea that it is a clever hoax.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
My 2 cents for my first post.

I would agree that the tank does look like a Stug. And from there I would find extremelly improbably that this picture was real and represented Soviets, the simple fact that it represented Soviets using a Stug would be extremely rare, I know no picture of that happening... And if put on top of it a UFO then... well... Besides , judging by the had-hoc garments seen on the foreground figure I would say he was with one of the Axis armies.
Also to say that the object on the foreground is a UFO is to go a bit too far, why should it be an UFO? because it seems to be disc shaped?...

[edit on 22-11-2006 by jmlima]

L3X

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
it could be a prototype recovered during the assaults to the factories where they built it

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by L3X
it could be a prototype recovered during the assaults to the factories where they built it

A Soviet prototype?

A German prototype?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
With the help of "Jane's Tank Recognition Guide" I would say that the tank must be a BMP-2 or a BMP-M1976. The BMP-2 was first seen in public during a Moscow parade in 1982. The tank is/was used in about 20 different countries with many alterations.

Greetz, Pontifex

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Its just a BMP, one of the most well known IFVs in the world.

for crying out loud people , why are you people so resistant to listening to the one person so far in this thread who shows any knowledge of military hardaware ???

, WIG : no offence mate but if you do not like military acronyms , do not attempt to discuss or research military vehicles and technology .

now to get out my big spoon

here is a picture which will hopefully beat the idea that it is a BMP variant

that suspension confuguarion was/is UNIQUE to the BMP family .

merka told you that over a month ago - why is there still blatant uniformed speculation flying ???

to the people who entertain the notion that it is an STUG-III , may i reccomed a bloody eyetest ?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pontifex
With the help of "Jane's Tank Recognition Guide" I would say that the tank must be a BMP-2 or a BMP-M1976. The BMP-2 was first seen in public during a Moscow parade in 1982. The tank is/was used in about 20 different countries with many alterations.

Greetz, Pontifex

And you may very well be right. Just noticed the wheels, they are too big for a Stug, and the proportion between the tracked area and the hull top might very well be that of a BMP-2...
what a mistake I did...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join