It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Isreal attack Iran ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
On BBC cuurent affairs program, This World they examined whether or not isreal should or could knock out Irans nuclear weapons program.
Isreal's officials want America to do the job for them, but America is reluctant due to political reasons.
So this has left Isreal to consider it's options. which are quite scary really, but it would not be the first time Isreal has knocked out a suspected nuclear program (Iraq).

So after one war has just finished is another on the horizon for Isreal ??

And should isreal go to war ???

What would it mean for the rest of the world ???

To view the full program click the link below then click on the latest program button which is green.

Link

Three of Israel's former prime ministers come together on this issue, comparing the danger to a "new Holocaust".

This World gains rare access to Israel's highly protected missile factories and satellite surveillance centres, where the arms needed for any potential raid are manufactured.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
if israel/US launch an attack on Iran
israel can expect Iran to lob enough missiles to destroy most of its infronstructure
with the US involved enough missiles to sink a couple of war ships (great PR for Iran)

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Israel has said they will not allow Iran to aquire a nuclear weapon which by some estimates is a few months away, so I would say that the likelyhood of some type of military action happening within the next few months is better than ever.

How does that make you feel??

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well Isreal do only have some months to act. and we must remember that the u.s.a is it's allie.
I'd think that America will be dragged in one way or another and probably the uk as well. It makes me feel
but it would probably be for the best...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Israel will not nor would it be capable to do so.

Yes, Israel does have a strong air force, but that's not going to work should they want to destroy the Iranian underground facilities: animation

If one is going to do it, it will be the US, yet I doubt it's success rate.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
amazing anime

but i feel that isreal may have no option but to in the least delay the progress made by iranians, remember isreals existence has been fretened and they will go to any lengths to secure its existence.

The american army is somewhat stretched and could be in problems should nk start playing up at the same time.

MMMmmmm

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think such an attack by Israel on Iran at this time would mean suicide for Israel, it would provide many of the countries in the middle east to take out Israel once and for all. I'm sue that countries like Syria/Eygpt want some payback for past conflicts and once it starts others will join in. I dont think America would be able in the short term to respond to this, and it would also be interesting what support one could expect from the rest of the world.

I have strong feeling that most would not run to help America or Israel, America may be stretched at the moment what with Iraq/ Afganistan, Iran, North Korea, keeping an eye on China plus many other peacful commitments it would be a tall order. I think the USA need to keep a tight grip on Israel at the moment becasue if Israel jumped the gun it could be all over for them within days.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
I'm sue that countries like Syria/Eygpt want some payback for past conflicts and once it starts others will join in.

I can assure you Egypt would never support an attack on Israel for the reason that Egypt's economy is almost totally dependant on the tourism industry.

As a matter of fact, I am flying to Egypt tomorrow
; with its current government such an attack would never happen. Other (radical) leaders would surely support an attack on Israel, but Mubarak is trying to let his son follow him up, which would mean no political changes.

However, I agree, an Israeli attack on Iran would mean suicide.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
However, I agree, an Israeli attack on Israel would mean suicide.

why would israel attack its self

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
if Israel jumped the gun it could be all over for them within days.

No I think it would be all over for iran within 24 hours if isreal wished, lets not forget isreal have an extensive and ongoing nuclear weapons program and is the decided to use it, they could put iran back in the stone age before anyone could even blink.
I don't think the nieghbors would want the same no matter how much the hate isreal. sure there would be an outcry but really what could anyone do after the fact, the international community would just close thier eyes and then condemn it after thats all really.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by Mdv2
However, I agree, an Israeli attack on Israel would mean suicide.

why would israel attack its self

Hehe edited

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Reaper what makes you think people like Israel, I'm aware of their nuke capability, that alone does not assure protection, and the Iranian's are well aware of their capabilities too. Saddam Insane attacked Israel in Iraq1 that did not provoke a nuclear response. The Israelis wont do anything till they know the have the backing and protection of the US, trouble is the Iranians etc. arent intimidated by either.

new topics

top topics

join