It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Great Video Your Science Teacher Didn't Want You To See.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Hello,

First time here but thought id introduce you to a video i found very interesting. We have been taught that everything we see in our universe was part of a chance evolution billions of years etc event.

This video challenges that using the facts with which modern science is finding. Its called "A Question Of Origins" and you can stream it online or download.

Question Of Origins

Enjoy

Edn

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   

We have been taught that everything we see in our universe was part of a chance evolution billions of years etc event.

Erm, that didn't make much sense. We were taught that the big bang (I'm assuming you were referring to that) is one theory or a few possible theory's on how the universe began. As for evolution, in the context of the evolution of the universe itself you only need a telescope to prove that the universe is here today because it evolved into what it is today and is continuing to evolve right now, the Orion nebula if you ever do want to look through a telescope is a great example of the continuing evolution of the universe.

Evolution in the context of humans (I'm guessing you were also referring to that) is exactly the same, and again you only need to look at your history book to see that we are constantly evolving, remember that just because you do not evolve by physical appearance does not mean you haven't evolved.

I'm downloading that video now, maybe you can elaborate on what you meant?

oh, btw, welcome to ATS

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Edn]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   

This visually rich, full production reveals conclusive evidence that the universe and all life were created by a Supernatural Being, and that the God of the Bible is that Creator

Bwaaahaha! this in gonna be funny. I'm getting some popcorn.
(to be fair, it might be good so I'll reserve further jugement.)

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hello,

Sorry for not elaberating a bit more and explaining a bit in depth. Feeling quite tired but still cannot come off the net. I meant basically the most popular theory held among some scientists and is passed off to the world as the safest and understandable theory, the big bang. That life has no meaning and every living thing we see and eat was a product of chance after a 1 cell bacteria or organism was somehow created and became the father of all life we see today.

But this video has the creationists view of life on earth and the formation of the universe as the bible states, and that there is a intelligant design in life and the possibility's of a universe without a designer are not looking to good when you hear what most scientists would say was solid proof in this video.

So theres only 2 options....

We are the product of chance and we evoled or we were created..... I cannot see a third option.

And thanks for the welcome, and some strange topics go on around here, some crediable and some not. Nice Forums

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Okay, so who created the creator? We, human beings, might have been created by an intelligent designer, but who created the intelligent designer? So you see, there had to be something like the big bang theory to start life.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Impreza]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
actually what you just wrote shows why there needs to be a creator. Something cannot come out of nothing. If nothing had existed then nothing would exist now because nothing happens where there is nothing. So there was never a time where there was nothing, meaning there is something that has always existed. To have it explained in detail visit this link www.apologeticspress.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
^ How could something have always existed? How was it created?

Honestly, the more we think about these things, the more we realize that we simply do not know the answer and may never know the turth.

Edn

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I believe what Impreza is saying the creationism is flawed because if they believe some supreme being must have created us because were to complex to have been made by chance then something must have created this supreme being and someone must have created the thing that created the supreme being that created us, etc. etc.

So if we were created by some supreme being then how did this supreme being come into existence?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
So if we were created by some supreme being then how did this supreme being come into existence?

I pondered that very same question when i first became a christian and it was beyond me. At first in my thinking i just thought "God is so great, He has to exist" but its not to logical sound, but then i came up with this

God didn't have a beginning....God is the beginning

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The thing is, is that we don't fully understand the universe yet, but why be so arrogant as humans to think that we would.
Although we probably know but a pin prick of the possibilities of knowledge, there is no reason to stop pushing the boundries of understanding and decide that "the God of the Bible is that Creator". This is nurturing devolotion and ignoring everything that makes us human in the first place.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Xeros]

Edn

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mountain_Fire77

God didn't have a beginning....God is the beginning

And I could say the exact same thing about the universe. What makes you right and me wrong?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
I believe what Impreza is saying the creationism is flawed because if they believe some supreme being must have created us because were to complex to have been made by chance then something must have created this supreme being and someone must have created the thing that created the supreme being that created us, etc. etc.

So now instead of the "What came first the chicken or the egg"

We now have "What came first creation or the supreme being"

No offence Lord just making a point

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS new member..hope you enjoy your stay.

Ok let me start.

The beginning and the end is a man made due to us experiencing life and death so we just assume everything has a beginning and an end. This is not the case when we look at the universe.

The universe never began and will never end. this is what I read up on once on the net, I think it was on ATS but I cant remember

Basically the Universe is just there and always has been, nothing created it and nothing will end it

No such thing as a beginning when we talk about universe

Have I made any sense...I don't feel like I have because I find it really hard to explain but I know what I mean in my head

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm not even going to watch tha video yet because you are a new member and this is the introductory thread and people should be welcoming you to the group, even if they think the video is...welll, I'll let them speak for themselves. So...

Welcome, Mountain_Fire77!

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Smokin' BBQ Threads (Important Website-Related Topics).

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

And, sooner or later you will find a use for this: TinyURL!™

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

top topics

join