It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gray reptilian insect ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I found this in a secondhand store and it looks just like an alien to me. It's solid brass with one screw holding it onto its wooden frame from the back. Hence the scratch marks on the orange paint from it being swivelled.

Does anyone know what it is??

[edit on 11-10-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Interesting little trinket. Why do you call it a "gray reptilian insect"? Isn't that 3 different things? Anyway, are there any "Made in..." markings on it?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It looks just like one of those ancient alien loking figures. Does it have any marks on it to give a clue as to who made it or where it's from?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There are no markings or writing on it. I've examined it with a magnifying glass. The head is definitely not human. It looks a little like gray, a bit like a reptilian, and kind of insect-like to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This sounds uncanny it seems a replica of an African Eidolon possibly Dogon, it seems (ahem) a bit more common than you average Green Man.

Ive since lost my ESP touch with the Grey's since I found out my Father also works with them, oddly enough I just charged an Image of a Scorpion gene spliced with a Zeta Retaculi Grey.

Thanks - Al (God) Crowley and White-ley Streiber, as the Crow flies the White Brotherhood shine forth a New Aeon.

Next we'll be getting Contact from Draco, whatever next - the fish will utter prophecies form their mouth's (pe) about newer technologies such as nanotechnologies.

Watch out Fortean Time's.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks tuetonic...
maybe old celtic...

I have seen this somewhere before at a medievel fair...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It is something familiar. Not alien though. I agree it looks possibly Celtic in origin. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be, but I don't think it is an alien.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's interesting if this is an ancient artifact, or at least a replica - but otherwise you can't give it to much consideration as some guy could have made that within the last 50 years.

There are a lot of Sumerian artifacts that do resemble 'alien greys'.
Check out X Facts for more info.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Even if it is an ancient artifact, it's still really not THAT interesting. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Looks like african art to me.. Those are usually made of wood though. But african wood trinkets are often not very similar in appearence to humans.

On a second lookover - Could be from mid-America too.

[edit on 11/10/06 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
well, I'll be the one to say it: It has 'funbags' so that would probably rule out reptiles and insects, it may exclude grays to if they are not mammilian by nature

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's apparent that it's female in form because of the obvious chest protusions.
Humanoid, with a jutting skull or (helmet)?

As to its nature or rather what is its purpose is? Hmmm...

I'm wondering what it was actually used as; the fact that it was swivelled?

Here are some questions:
* Where was this trinket bought?
* Why would someone paint black over solid brass?
(I.M.O. If I didn't want to keep polishing a brass figurine over and over, I'd probably get rid of it OR paint over it - then I'd sell it for a few bucks)

I'd love to hear the story behind this one.

Who knows how many hands exchanged this item and how many tales are behind it?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It has fingers but no feet. I counted four fingers.

It reminds me of something from that Credo guy David Icke talks with.

Looks like an alien to me, I wonder if it has a flat back.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I have been using a scanner to make the pictures and I have tried to add more light to the artifact.

One thing I noticed about some grays who visited me was that they had legs which bowed outwards in the middle.

They were projecting an image of humans into my mind so I would think they were human but when I saw their reflection in the window I saw they were grays with very bowed legs.

This artifact also has bowed legs.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If you by chance locate another one of these I would be very happy to purchase it from you. Up to you but if ever let me know.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I bought it from a little store next to a church. People drop all their unwanted things at the back of the store and then they are sold to get money for the church. There's no records kept of who drops the goods off and the store has lots of different people working at different times so it's impossible to trace where the artifact came from.

One old hunchback man who worked there but died told me that his old friend was driving in the country and came upon a giant spaceship in a field. His truck stopped and he sat sweating for ages till it flew away. He said he was so scared because he knew what aliens did to people. He also said another truck was coming from the opposite direction and its motor stopped also when it neared the ufo.

I've never seen anything like this artifact there before. I find some strange things though. Last week I found an old African shield made of animal skin and wood. with two spears.

I guess I could try a site that specializes in this type of thing to find out what it is?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
ok - first a question [ or three ] - is it " solid " or is the rear of it concave ?

also are there any foundry maks / mffrs markings on the rear ?

does it appear cast , or carved ? any tool marks obvious ? [ exp where the limbs have grooves -- so they appear symetrical ? ]

given the lack of any provenance -- it could be anything from a genuine antiquity , a victorian copy of something picked up in the colonies , or even a modern trinket from a newage shop .

PS - to be more helpfull i have sent a U2U to the moderator byrd , inviting her to review this thread , and give her opinion .

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Yes it's concave. I've taken the backing off. It's obviously been drop forged and there are prod marks where the molten metal has been pushed with a blunt tool to make it sink into the mold cleaner.

There are some tool marks which obviously were on the original mold. But there's not enough marks to show it was all hand carved. They are just the odd marks made in cleaning the mold itself.

It's obviously not ancient but it could have been made from a mold taken from an ancient carving or something? It obviously represents an alien or non human of some type.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What you have is a key! It contains the memories of its creator a species that I have never encountered before. To access the information remove the key from it curreett fixture soke the key in water for a mintue (make for a better conducter of information pulses). then in a qiut place place the key over you heart chakra then it will communictae with you. think its crazy try it and report back what happenes.

AA

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by blingblong
This sounds uncanny it seems a replica of an African Eidolon possibly Dogon, it seems (ahem) a bit more common than you average Green Man.

Ive since lost my ESP touch with the Grey's since I found out my Father also works with them, oddly enough I just charged an Image of a Scorpion gene spliced with a Zeta Retaculi Grey.

Thanks - Al (God) Crowley and White-ley Streiber, as the Crow flies the White Brotherhood shine forth a New Aeon.

Next we'll be getting Contact from Draco, whatever next - the fish will utter prophecies form their mouth's (pe) about newer technologies such as nanotechnologies.

Watch out Fortean Time's.

Hmmm...could you explain what all this really means??
I dont follow you at all here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join