It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Drone Missile Killed Qaeda Suspects in Yemen Car Blast

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:07 PM
link   
SCORE!!!!
*And the crowd goes wild!!*

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 10:03 PM
link   
All "alleged" of course -so we wait and see. The BBC this morning had an American official tying these Yemenis (if such they were) to the attack on the USS Cole.
You might remember the drones featuring in our postings on Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 06:28 AM
link   
my problem with this is that those men were only 'alleged' to have been part of al-qaeda. no trial. no judgement. nothing. in fact, had another government turned around and done this to a bunch of americans (or brits), you lot (and us) would be up in arms about the fact that their rights had been infringed, etc etc. is this really the way a 'responsible' government should act?

courtesy of the bbc:

news.bbc.co.uk...

"But during campaigning for US Congressional elections he told voters of his continued determination to destroy al-Qaeda.

"The only way to treat them is [for] what they are - international killers." "

international killers: is that not ~exactly~ what the CIA have shown themselves to be in this action?

- qo.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Oh wow well thats just peachy now isn't it.

that report basically boils down to

"Today an american missile blew up a car containing six people. No one knows who the people were, what they were doing or where they were going but they are now all dead. Some people said the people in the car may have been some members of al quida, they may also have been a family on their way to a picnic or a bunch of nuns, frankly we don't know, but one things for sure, whoever the hell they were we killed them"

and we're at war against a group who apparently kill indescriminately.

this crap makes me sick.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Or maybe they(the government)knows more than we do.If they are a target of oppurtunity then they will be taken out.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Is this the first time that the armed predators have successfuly killed something?

A great indication of the future of the aircraft....

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This may come as a shock, but during wartime, you do not try to apprehend the enemy soldier, place him in cuffs, and cart him down to the local magistrate's office and prosecute him.
Some of you seem to think that the war is being conducted as WWII, with defined battlefields with armor against armor and soldier against soldier. I would imagine that ground intel and satelite surveilance gave them ample reason to believe that the expensive missile fired was destroying the enemy, and hopefully, part of the higher chain of command.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yemeni officials said he had been under surveillance for months and intelligence had been passed on to the Americans.

This was obviously well thought out and planned with Yemen. Otherwise I am sure Yemen would be going crazy knowing the CIA is flying planes around shooting at people. INSTEAD, it appears to be a joint-operation w/ Yemen. That concluded, I say good job CIA.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 02:38 PM
link   
No, people, this is NOT the first time the "Pred" has killed terrorist azzholes. It's proving to be quite the weapon!

TC, as usual, drives the point home. Should we say, "Excuse me, sir, but are you a terrorist? Would you please get into my car so we can check your identity?"

Loopy, again, hasn't a clue. Qaed Salim Sinan al-Harethi was positivly identified both before and after the shot that blew his terrorist azz all the way to Nirvana. I wonder how many virgins he has up there, eh?

Yes, Loopy, the CIA has a few more resources than you do, and you haven't a clue as to what they are. Sucks, don't it???

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I also like the fact that the CIA drones are just killing terrorists,no civilians.Seems like an effective way to take them out.Plus it should put the fear factor into the terrorists.Now they know they are taking a chance just stepping outside.They can't hurt people when they can't leave their caves.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 04:24 AM
link   
so, when the next timothy mcveigh steps out of his washington suburbs house, gets into his SUV, and starts rolling down towards the local 7/11, i take it we can expect the same? even the street cleaners, picking up bits of shrapnel out of surrounding walls and wiping explosive residue off american tarmac, will cheer and all will be happy?

how about the next political activist, unhappy with the way that the USG is stipping away the Peoples' rights. when he gets in his car, with placards and perhaps a little exotic plant material, and is blown to bits, you'll be happy?

what about environmental protestors? they've been labelled as terrorists. should they be given the CIA treatment?

where is the line between terrorist and citizen? when do you say, "this man should be arrested." and "this man shouldn't see it coming."?

what the hell ever happened to 'due process'?

- qo.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 04:43 AM
link   
wow A.R. you really are proveing to be quite the dickhead aren't you.

no where in that article does it say who the people killed were. Its pure speculation, for that matter different departments can't seem to agree exactly who's fault it is.

This is classic newspaper waffle, lapped up by people such as your self, who lack the insight to read between the lines.

Your the sort of guy who reads

"today a politician was arrested and had his suit case confiscated. Police said it contained an illegal substance possibly cocain"

and think "good lord! the cad! he had cocain on him"

but don't bother to think, "hang on.....possibly cocain?!?!? so like, it could have been a cheese sandwich.....or a pint of olive oil, or a crushed baby fetus"

Jesus, and I thought our press liked to manipulate the lowest common denominator!

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Certainly some rather iffy press coverage -they were "suspected alleged" in one UK source which takes some beating.
So far, an undoubted propaganda coup for teh US 0-when something not entirely dissimilar happened some years back: the SAS killed 3 IRA murderers in Gibraltar there was a veritable tsunami of protests against the big bad soldiers.
This event has been treated largely as a very good thing and a demonstration of the USA's military superiority.
What happens next is more important: how will Yemen and the neighbouring Saudis react?

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Certainly the press coverage so far has been well managed.
In a country where violent death is a national hobby this incident could probably have been passed over in silence. In fact the CIA and the technology have been given blanket coverage.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 09:23 AM
link   
and not bad timing for the mid-terms.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 10:37 AM
link   
HAAAAAAA!!!! Damn, Loopy, you make me laugh. I'm the dickhead, huh? If that's what you think of me, then I'm doing my job. You have resorted to name calling because you are frustrated with the fact that I am right! Sure sign of both poor education and intellect.

And as usual, you twist things around in an attempt to lend creedence to your assinine comments. I never said the article posted said anything about who the terrorist azzholes in the car were, now did I? No, I didn't! You, however, are obviously taking said writing as the "Gospel according to Loopy". You know, there are other sources of information out there other than the space men who are speaking to you through your TV screen.

As far as the CIA having more sources than you, that is simply fact. If the US government admits they have a satillite that can take pictures of the earth with one half meter resolution, don't you think they have something better already? And oh, by the way, even the Yemenies are comfirming the identity of Qaed Salim Sinan al-Harethi, and that he was indeed killed in the car. Besides, the CIA is made up of some very intelligent people, and you are just a moron. There, now I called you a name...YOUR TURN!! HA!

As far as what I read, at least I CAN read. And you know what? In about 99% of the cases of the type you mentioned, the "possibly cocain" definatly IS cocain. But you are wrong about me. I wait until the tests come through to make my judgements. You judge as soon as you see the name on the post here! NOW who's the dickhead, limey???

"Way to go, CIA! Lets blow some more terrorist azzholes away!!!"

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 10:47 AM
link   
hush now.
calm down.
*mops yer brow*
thats it.
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Originally posted by Estragon:

"So far, an undoubted propaganda coup for teh US 0-when something not entirely dissimilar happened some years back: the SAS killed 3 IRA murderers in Gibraltar there was a veritable tsunami of protests against the big bad soldiers."

nice comparison, estragon, i hadn't thought of that. what is even more interesting is that the british government was forced to pay compensation to the families of those irishmen because of the questionable circumstances in which they were killed. what are the odds that the US will have to do the same?

- qo.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 11:17 AM
link   
they've sort of covered themselves on that one.
the whole "there will allways be victims in war" thing.

One suspects the people in the car probably had some fairly compelling evidence against them, after all Thomas's argument (by far the most compelling) that a missile is a pretty expensive thing to waste on a hunch is probably an acurate summation.

However articles like this do a splendid job of demonstrating just how much people will infer from what amounts to very little information simply because the propaganda machine has primed them.

Breaking News!!!

Blaire claims al Quaeda may have been responsible for recent storms accross britain!!!

hmmmmmm

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join