It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Calif

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hello, I have read ATS for a really long time, but never signed up. I guess it is tme I start posting. Thanks for your time.

Regards

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hi, welcome to ATS, enjoy your time here. There is a really cool community here at ATS, hope you have fun!

BTW, im from california too! Go Cali!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Smokin' BBQ Threads (Important Website-Related Topics).

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

And, sooner or later you will find a use for this: TinyURL!™

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

[edit on 2006/10/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thank you for the help. I will make sure to check all the resources before posting more.

Regards

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Bope]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Bope!

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ello Bope! Nice name btw. What are you on here for--thread wise.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The screen name came from a recurring nightmare I had as a kid. It was a giant who kidnapped me and sent me off to some strange waterworld. The giant's name was "Bope" and my parents would tell me I would wake up terrified screaming "Bope!" So the name stuck.

Threadwise, I am looking to different subjects and ideas for my own site.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hn, well that's an interesting story. Welcome to ATS Bope!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

According to Encyclopedia Mythica, your username, that you received in a dream, is actually:

bope:

Among the Bororo (Mato Grosso, Brazil), the generic name for evil spirits who attack the dead. They are impersonated by the tribal members during the eight-day funeral ceremony in an attempt to keep them at bay. When this ritual has come to an end, the body of the deceased is secretly taken to the river where the flesh is scraped away to leave clean bones. The spirit then escapes and becomes embodied in a bird, a deer, or a frog.

SOURCE

Does this explanation mean anything to you?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hello, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Welcome to ATS!

According to Encyclopedia Mythica, your username, that you received in a dream, is actually:

bope:

Among the Bororo (Mato Grosso, Brazil), the generic name for evil spirits who attack the dead. They are impersonated by the tribal members during the eight-day funeral ceremony in an attempt to keep them at bay. When this ritual has come to an end, the body of the deceased is secretly taken to the river where the flesh is scraped away to leave clean bones. The spirit then escapes and becomes embodied in a bird, a deer, or a frog.

SOURCE

Does this explanation mean anything to you?

lol. Strange. You must've been pretty educated to be having those types of dreams when you were a kid.

new topics

top topics

join