It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

texas chainsaw massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
ok...i dont know if this is where you post this...but is the texas chainsaw massicer really based on a true story, or is it a crock of crap?

mod edit: title spelling

[edit on 12-10-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I just recently read the movie spoiler at www.moviespoiler.com. That got me courious if it was based on a real life event or not. I did some Google searches. Basically what I found out was that it is, to put in your own terms, a crock of crap. No such event ever happened.

I even found one article that stated the town's newspaper, where the story was set in, still gets calls to see if there are any old articles about it. The newspaper has to tell them it never happened. There are no individuals who acutally did such hanious crimes or even close to what is in the horror movie. Well, unless you want to talk about some uncivilized canaiball tribe in some secluded obscure part of the world.

I did find out that the original movie basically introduced the slasher genera in horror films with a lot of blood, guts, and gore. Several countries actually banned it when it was first released just because it was so gross and sick. It was a hit in the US with the horror fans. Makes you wonder about some people donesn't it?

Glad I never watched it. Just reading about the story was starting to make me sick.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Actually it is partially based in truth (an incident in Texas), partly inspired by the story of Ed Gein, and partially from the movie "Psycho."

When I was in the police academy we had to write papers and pick a famous crime OR crime legend. I wrote mine on the TX Chainsaw Massacre. There was quite a bit of material to dig up.

Off the top of my head...some of these name spellings may be incorrect, it's been a few years...some people named Dean Allen Coral, Elmer Wayne Henly, and David Brooks, had a thing for raping young men. One of them was somewhat disconnected from the others and operated on his own sometimes, but two out of the three were considered partners in crime. Their game was to lure the men to a deserted farmhouse in Texas somewhere with the promise of "glue sniffing parties and good times." When the young men arrived, they were bound, tortured, and raped. I believe the criminal trio never intended to kill anyone, but after one victim accidentally was beaten to death, they began killing them all. The bodycount was 27 as I recall. There were no chainsaws or unusual devices involved. The early victims, who were not killed, were beaten unconscious then dumped by a roadside.

That's all I remember about the actual real crime.

The rest of the movie's inspiration came from the very real and very horrific story of Ed Gein, and the fictional account of "Psycho."

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
im not out to piss you guys off, and thanks for the info. but what about the "real" footage at the end of the first movie??? did the directer make that?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The "real" footage at the end of the first movie was fake. The movie you're referring to is the remake of the 1974 movie "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" which as the above posters said is loosely based on Ed Gein. The original got released on DVD earlier in the month, and there's a nice documentary/interview with the filmmakers discussing the inspirations for the film.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ed Gein is the guy who inspired it and he also inspired silence of the lambs, But there is also an Ed Gein movie called Ed Gein.
If thats accurate, he dug up bodies at a graveyard and tried resurrecting them, he cut skin off of them to make clothes and he ate female genitalia after cooking it, he had lamps made of bone and cups made from skulls, which is why you see a room in original TCM full of furniture made from bones.
He only actually killed two people but dug alot up from the graveyard.
He was really crazy.
People actually let him babysit their children before he was captured for the 2 murders, creepy.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
and you can read all bout him here ->
www.karisable.com...

he was some sick son of a!!. mhm
well partly it was his mothers fault

so chainsaw massacre was based on true story (kinda) though Gein didnt use a chainsaw and stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I read it was partially based on truth. One way or another the movie was way too graphic for me or maybe it was the fact that it was based on true events but I felt sick couple of days after it I'm never watching it again

top topics

join