It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the world end?Your Opinion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
With so many doomsayers on the news lately predicting the worst.
How do you think Humanity will end?

1.Asteroid/Meteor hitting the earth?
Scenario here youtube.com...

2.War?
^^Really Bada$$ video^^

3.Nuclear war?
And here youtube.com...

4.Global Warming?
And here youtube.com...

5.Aliens?
And here youtube.com...

6.Disease/Palgue?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It says in the bible that the earth will be destroyed by fire.So it is my belief,that when our sun begins to die it will swell up and the earth will burn.But I don't see this happening for thousands of years.As for nuclear war? This is highly possible,except I don,t think all of mankind will die.Although many millions probably will.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am usually interested in these topics because of the many predictions made by many people over the eons.

Personally, I believe the world will end by our own doing. Somebody will most likely get an itchy trigger finger and press the red button, then it will be lights out. I am pretty certain we are pretty darn close, but like all predicitons of this nature, it has not happened yet, or to a level large enough to warrant to end mankind as we know it. However, there is enough nuclear capability on this planet to wipe everybody out many times over.

I just hope it never happens.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
All of the above minus the Aliens. Could be in the next decade, might not be in our lifetimes, hopefully.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
It says in the bible that the earth will be destroyed by fire.So it is my belief,that when our sun begins to die it will swell up and the earth will burn.But I don't see this happening for thousands of years.As for nuclear war? This is highly possible,except I don,t think all of mankind will die.Although many millions probably will.

I agree that the earth will most likely end when the sun explodes or whatever. Fortunately scientists calculate that that wont happen for another 4-5 billion years. The "end of the world" would require the complete destruction of the earth. Even with all the nukes that have ever been built, it would only damage the surface of the earth.

I dont think the aliens will let us do a nuclear war again.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I agree with Dr. Bones but som e of them may happen before the others for example nuclear war is a little closer now that Korea has nukes

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
number 1, 3, 4 and 6, and any combination thereof, which may well be the case, multiple causes.

when you say world will end, do you mean literally destruction of every single life form on Earth, or just the annhiliation of the Human race? If the latter, then it could be a number of things, but if its all life forms, something so catastrophic would have to happen that could only be like a meteor impact of unimaginable size..

Humans have only been on the block for what, 50,000yrs?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There is a huge difference between the "end of the world" and the end of the age. What we are currently facing is the coming of the end of the age. The world, literally speaking, in my opinion, will never end;if it does, it will be billions of years from now when the sun engulfs it.

The bible is quite clear that there will indeed be an end to this age,which is fast approaching. However, all of this stuff about everything being wiped out and nothing existing and blah,blah,blah...It won't happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
How the world with end?

Very simple . . . when the sun stops working properly.

I imagine that by them the human race would have moved to a more advance kind and we will be long gone before that, to populate other worlds.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
How the world with end?

Very simple . . . when the sun stops working properly.

I imagine that by them the human race would have moved to a more advance kind and we will be long gone before than, to populate other worlds.

"A new Heaven and a new Earth," Marg.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm going with a supervolcano eruption. It won't completely destroy earth but it will wipe out a nice chunk of humanity. The world probably won't literally end until the sun supernovas and wipes out everything in its path.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The world will never end. It will "end" for me when I die. As it will for us all. The world as a whole though will never end. As others have said, the only possibility for the entire earth to be destroyed is for the sun to consume it. Which will eventually happen, but not for millions and millions of years. I also don't suspect any of the above scenarios will take place during my lifetime. So as far as I'm concerned, the world will be here until I'm not. After that, who cares. Not me, I'll be dead.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
With so many doomsayers on the news lately predicting the worst.
How do you think Humanity will end?

1.Asteroid/Meteor hitting the earth?

my opinion?
i predict the same meteorite that is worshipped by muslims at mecca will fall from the sky and hit jerusalem.

2.War?
^^Really Bada$$ video^^

tough to answer this one. war will end our current understanding of reality, but it has been ongoing for a very long time, and is far outside the realm of what humanity would consider conventional warfare, and also well outside the realm of what humanity would consider unconventional warfare.

3.Nuclear war?
And here youtube.com...

it will not be permitted.

4.Global Warming?
And here youtube.com...

we should give it some thought, for our future's sake, and for our future's plausible options. the choices we make today, may limit our future generations' options.

5.Aliens?
And here youtube.com...

as far as i am concerned they are more of the solution, rather than the problem.

6.Disease/Palgue?

my opinion is the world does not end, ever, so to speak.

i predict we make a pact, an agreement of sorts, which is being honored at this very moment, but we are still unaware of our agreement with the future, and our future allies and celestrial neighbors.

who will be one of humanities' greatest allies, and greatest nemesises????

ants.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I forsee between now Oct. 11 2006 to the year 2012 (roundabouts) ASTEROIDS/METEORS hitting the earth. 2 major hits will be: 1 on a continent and 1 in the Pacific ocean.

Before these 2 major hits occur, there will be 'astroid-showers' as I call them. Mini bombardments.

Air raid sirens will go off in major cities. People will be scrambling for safe havens.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt

It says in the bible that the earth will be destroyed by fire.

So it is my belief,that when our sun begins to die it will swell up and the earth will burn.But I don't see this happening for thousands of years.As for nuclear war? This is highly possible,except I don,t think all of mankind will die.Although many millions probably will.

being destroyed by fire
and that 'cosmic' fire destroying 2/3rds of humanity are almost ingrained into the
western worlds subconscious psyche.

there's a model out there in internet world, where a nearby supernova explodes
and blasts the earth's magnetosphere completely out and allowing the gamma rays to fry the skin of every creature, on that particular hemisphere that happens to revolve into that cosmic explosion from space. ~Superwave Theory~

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
i agree with crowpruitt, but i also believe that the greed of the world leaders and terrorists will kill everybody with their wars and the weapons they create to protect themselves before it happens. just like in the terminator prequel, the only difference is nobody will come out of it alive unless george bush and all those guys stopp getting more and more people killed each day.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
how will the world end? Thats a good question, personally I quite like the idea of Total Existence Failure. Basically as small particles appear and dissapear, theoretically it can happen for a larger object.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.livescience.com...

If I remember correctly, a supernova would have to be within 50 lightyears to affect us, and no stars that can go supernova are that close I think.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i'd like to think that my opinion does not end the world, but you may be on to something???

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I know that in the Holy Bible, it does state that the world will end by a fire from the heavens. This could mean either one of two very possible things that could happen. The first is of a meteor or an asteroid strike that wipes out human civilization. A space rock the size of Manhattan can do pretty serious damage to the Earth and the ecosystem. This happens, the sunlight gets blocked out and we starve to death. The second, and quite possible, could be that a global thermo-nuclear war breaks out somewhere in the world. It is possible to completely obliterate a nation's population with only a small to medium sized amount of nuclear missiles. This type of event would not block out the sun, if it did, it would be for only a matter of days. In that amount of time though, enough radiation would have kiiled off the animals and plants needed for humans to survive.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A big ball of fire 1200 kilometers in diameter will crash into earth at amazing speeds and explode 200 years from now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join