It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw it again!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I posted a couple times on a previous thread about a wierd critter I saw lumbering around my area. Well, I was just outide and saw him again!

Ok, here it goes. He is about the size of a beagal, id say between a beagal and a lab. He is silvery and furry, he has a bushy short tail like an anteaters, except shorter. He moves with a slow lumber. I got close, but he stood still and stared at me, its night here, full moon, but clouds. What I coulld see is that his face was blackLike a racoon, except it was flat, like a pug, no snout, just a flat black face.

What the hell is this thing? A cat walked up to it, arched its back, hissed, stalked it, and ran away . Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hmmmm a bushy short tail & a flat pug-like face????

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I have lived in the Ozarks for several years and ran into and killed( *ahem* *smiles*) all kinds of creatures but havent seen anything with a "pug-like" face though. Hmmmmmmm....

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well Washington is full of weird things. But seriously maybe it was just a really ugly dog or a experiment gone wrong type of deal, but nonetheless it's something else. Maybe you should start carrying a camera with you, so the next time this thing appears you can take a picture of it, or even perhaps throw something at it.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Did this "thing" make any noise in response to the cat hissing at it? or did it just kinda mosey on and do its own thing?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It was no dog....but youre right. Washington has wierd things.

I have been looking a bit on the net, perhaps for foreign or exotic animals.....maybe an animal that comes from somewhere else that escaped?

I first thought it might have been the biggest racoon, but the tail, body, and face were all wrong. Wish i did have a camera.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Sounds like a Big Badger or Wolverine, then again a picture would help alot, any chance of snappinga pic with a digital or other camera for posting next time you see it?(not that I expect it to run right by you when you just happen to have a camera handy or anything)

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Are there sloths in Washington???

That's the first thing I think of when I read this!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
buy a throaway camra

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
.......or a strange demonic maleform that came through the portal tonight during the Harmonic Concordance.

(o.k.-I was teasing on that last part)

But seriously, a cat approached it to begin with? And, how DID it react to the cat?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
www.largesalad.co.uk...

The Halfling

When I was a school girl in the mid Fifties, I went with my school friend, Rose, to choose a kitten from a litter she had. She asked me if I would like to see something rather strange but she warned me I must keep it secret.

Her next door neighbours, an elderly couple, owned a black Persian female cat and a Pekinese dog. These two animals had grown up together and were obviously on VERY friendly terms because they had produced an off spring!

This strange creature, half cat,half dog, was their progeny. Its general shape and size were that of the dog, small out turning feet with retractable cats claws protruding from dog's pads. A curly coat, not dog hair, but soft cat fur. The tail born across the back curling like a Peke's. The nose, pug like, the whiskers, full face like a cat, the eyes round and bulbous, black Peke like, but with the cat like pupil action by which cats see at night. It snuffled like a Peke dog does and its tongue lolled out, but the texture on the tongue was rough like a cats. Its ears were pricked, like a cats.

The elderly couple explained that they had told no one because they feared that it would be taken away because it was so odd and remarkable and they loved it dearly.

Erica Lee, Sussex, England

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Get outta town!

no way

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
are you sure it wasnt a "possum'? they can be rather agressive at times those fargin bastadges!! a little f.y.i. I hate freakin possums!!!!! I guess im "possum intolerant"... the only good possum is a dead possum!! chu-chang! *loads the shotgun*

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
no way! The genetic code is too different

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Badgers are a lot smaller.

Wolverine could be possible, tho I dont know about his face. If so, since wolverines come from the east, then he was someones pet (who in thier right mind has a wolverine pet?) and whoever it is, needs to get it,tho if it was a wolverine, he would have attacked the cat!

That halfling thing is kinda neat..but it wasnt like that, lol.

The cat that approached it seemed a bit startled, arching the back, then stalking it too see what it was, then he hissed and ran. A wild Animal.

Do any ozzie posters know of any of your native animals that fit the discription? for some reason, it looks like some sort of oz critter. It wouldnt surprise, me, with guys in New York keeping tigers in thier apartments, maybe some freak here might have some unusual oz critter.

I shall have to invest in a digital camera, because if its not strange critters, or wierd chemtrails, theres always something strange but insignifigant to photograph here in Jet City!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Sounds a lot like a silver or grey fox except for the flat face bit. That is the part that is stumping me. Not many wild animals in NA, that have flat faces.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
We dont take too kindly to "beagal looking lumbering creatures" around these parts!!! hehe jk

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
A possom it definitewly wasnt! And it wasnt a fox.foxes dont have raised rumps and thich stout legs.

It looks like a smallsized cross between a bear (the raised rump and thich legs) anteater (the flat, but busy tail) a pug(flat face) and a racoon (black face).

Anyway its reaction was calm. It saw me, I caught his attention. He ignored the cat, and stared at me, proably cuz im alot bigger than the cat. He didnt look hostile, he wasnt stiff or scared looking, just studying me. He then lumbered off into the bushes.

Im still looking on the net. He didnt look unnatural, he was just strange, like he didnt belong.

Val brought up the sloth. I think we have sloths here, tho they are bigger, but maybe this was a baby, ill check out a sloth site!

I dont think he was native to the northwest tho. None of our normal critters. (racoons, possums, squrriels, otters, wolves, bears, cougers, coyotes, eagles, hawks, rabbits, are all native forest and air animals here).

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Your description stumps me.

I doubt it is a sloth as they move quite slowly don't they?

Sloths are also not muscular either at least not at first sight.

Could be some exotic pet that is on the loose. Possibly, that is what it is. Must be someone around here that knows their biology well and can make suggestions from other parts of the world. There are a lot of strange critters out there.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
At first I thought badger, but the pug face made me think pig. But that has no bushy tail.

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join