It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Iran follow North Korea's lead?

page: 1

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:11 PM
Could Iran also withdraw from the Non-proliferation Treaty and follow in the footsteps of NK?

Days before North Korea reported that it had conducted its first-ever nuclear test, it stated why it would defy the world to join the nuclear club.
"The US extreme threat of a nuclear war and sanctions and pressure compel [North Korea] to conduct a nuclear test," the Foreign Ministry in Pyongyang warned last week.

That reasoning resonates in Tehran - even though comparisons are limited between North Korea and Iran, which is still a signatory to the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty (NPT).

If these recent actions by NK end up working out for them, it may be very possible Iran could take the same road. . . I'm sure they're watching intently.

I'm sure they're watching what China will do next too. . .

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:38 PM
iran has too much at stake

they are trying to play nice and tell the international community that they aren't looking towards a future of atomic weapons, only atomic power

also, israel, pakistan, and india (all of which are our allies) never signed on to the treaty...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:08 PM
I think Iran will just sit in the back and observe what is going on with NK, after all NK have become center stage and not them for now.

new topics