It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for information on a particular conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A friend of mine recently told me of a conspiracy about a Vatican priest who uncovered a secret document that drove him insane and resulted in him desecrating the church and performing various other blasphemous acts. I've searched through the forum and searched in-depthly on Google, but have yet to uncover any information concerning this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think we're all going to need a little more information to help, sorry but it's kind of vague.

Unless you're talking about the voynich manuscript:

www.voynich.nu...

though wiki can be wacky:

en.wikipedia.org...

Not exactly what you asked for but you didn't give us much to go on.

Spiderj

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Or are you talking about Roslyn Chapel:

www.rosslynchapel.org.uk...

I know you said vatican but you seem unsure...so hey.

If it's not voynich or roslyn I'm stumped.

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am not sure what you could be referring to. Unless you are referring to the Voynch or some Gnostic texts.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Excuse me for being vague, the person whom told me about this had rather sparse knowledge concerning it. He did make it seem as if the manuscript is unknown aside from the effects it had on the priest who read it. I'll attempt to contact him and see if I can get any more information. I didn't really pay much mind at first because it seemed so fantastical, but the possibility of the existence of such a thing ultimately caused my curiousity to succumb.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Did any of the links I posted ring a bell or can we write those off as "not what you're looking for"

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Spiderj - Dont think thats what they're looking for. The voynich manuscript is unreadable at the moment and the poster did state the vatican and priests while roslyn is in Scotland and has no priests.
What I want to know is, did the priest go nuts as a direct supernaturaal force from the book/manuscript or did he go nuts because he's realised that what he's been told by the church as all B$ and he's wasted his life following a load of bollocks?

G

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Spiderj - Dont think thats what they're looking for. The voynich manuscript is unreadable at the moment and the poster did state the vatican and priests while roslyn is in Scotland and has no priests.
G

Thanks G, yes I am aware that they weren't exactly what he was looking for but he didn't quite seem to know.

I was going under the premise that he wasn't actually sure because the description was iffy and vague.

He got the story second hand from his friend who may have gotten it wrong. The only thing I can think of might be the old chrono-visor story but it seemed like a slim chance.

I personally dont' buy the chrono-visor story but hey that's just me:

en.wikipedia.org...

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

Originally posted by shihulud
G

Thanks G, yes I am aware that they weren't exactly what he was looking for but he didn't quite seem to know.

I was going under the premise that he wasn't actually sure because the description was iffy and vague.

He got the story second hand from his friend who may have gotten it wrong. The only thing I can think of might be the old chrono-visor story but it seemed like a slim chance.

I personally dont' buy the chrono-visor story but hey that's just me:

en.wikipedia.org...

Spiderj

yeah the original post was probably one of those religious 'urban legends' that does the rounds trying to give religion a mysterious leg to stand on. Had a look at the chronovisor and have concluded like yourself that its bogus and probably one of these legends I spoke of.

G

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curseddeath
A friend of mine recently told me of a conspiracy about a Vatican priest who uncovered a secret document that drove him insane and resulted in him desecrating the church and performing various other blasphemous acts. I've searched through the forum and searched in-depthly on Google, but have yet to uncover any information concerning this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

there could be a little bit of mis-take &/or mixing of facts, or legend here...

i've heard...in whispering...that certain priests had what's called 'crises of Faith'

to explore a little bit, the Catholic Churce in Rome, doesn't like to admit or
advertise that there are some very few priests that are adept at being
'Exorcists'.
Perhaps, the info you got in casual conversation had to do with one of these
priests that served as an 'Exorcist'....casting out demons and such....

Over the centuries the Vatican has rarely admitted that more than 1 'Exorcist' priest is busy the with church business of rescuing persons that are possessed.

but there is lotsa rumor that these priests that confront the power of devils, demons, maybe satan himself, have a short lived career....

i'm leaning to the notion that your friend was talking about some historical incident where a priest has gone berserk or mad from those confrontations with the forces of darkness

since all that is in a Vatican equivelent of 'top secret' & 'Need-to-Know' i doubt that we'll ever happen on secret documents that confirms the rumor you heard

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Had a look at the chronovisor and have concluded like yourself that its bogus and probably one of these legends I spoke of.

Yeah it's too bad...but it's a neat little piece of fiction.

And nice Points St Udio.

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Upon further investigation I concluded my friend was speaking of the mysteries of Rennes-Le-Château and Francois-Bérenger Saunière's discovery of strange parchments and/or treasures

In 1885, the Abbe Berenger Sauniere discovered a collection of parchments beneath a church in Rennes-le-Chateau. One of the complex ciphers and codes read: 'To Dagobert II King And To Sion Belongs This Treasure And He Is There Dead.' Sauniere quickly became part of the Parisian esoteric underground and extracted a fortune from the Church, which was spent on unusual interior designs that prominently featured unusually dark interpretations of Christ's crucifixion.

Here are some of the changes made to the architecture after his discovery:

(Archway above enterance that translates to: "This is a terrible place")

(Interesting image)

Although I believe my friend sensationalized the story a bit, it is interesting nonetheless.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Curseddeath]

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Curseddeath]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
That sounds like the movie The Tomb starring Antonio Banderras.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It sounds like some of the stories associated with Rennes le Chateau and Berringer
Saunier. The Priest that was called to administered last rites according to stories " never smiled again" and refused to administer the rites. There is also the questionable
redecoration of the Church at Rennes.

new topics

top topics

join