It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA/DIA Predicting Global Ice Age????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Apparently, defence intelligence planners have formulated a what-if scenario involving not the catastrophic changes associated with Global Warming, but ones involving global cooling.

Or more specifically, what the world-wide security implications would be if warming were to precipitate a sudden shift in global temperatures to an ice age. Yes, this is the same theory that was fronted by Art Bell and picked up as the movie The Day After Tomorrow.

It's interesting that the intelligence community has given the theory a large amount of credence.

Some of the nightmare scenarios include:

1. icebergs as far south as Portugal
  2. massive droughts as rainfall declines by 30%
  3. America becomes extremely isolationist, blocking all immigration
  4. America blocks flow of water from Colorado River into Mexico to hoard water internally
  5. Much of Bangladesh becomes nearly uninhabitable because of a rising sea level, which contaminates inland water supplies
  6. Raiding in Russia by starving Eastern Europeans

Perhaps most chilling is this excerpt:

As the planet's carrying capacity shrinks, an ancient pattern reemerges: the eruption of desperate, all-out wars over food, water, and energy supplies. As Harvard archeologist Steven LeBlanc has noted, wars over resources were the norm until about three centuries ago. When such conflicts broke out, 25% of a population's adult males usually died. As abrupt climate change hits home, warfare may again come to define human life.

Read report here

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Funny how things change. Back in the 1970s all the so-called experts were building cases just as the global warming clan are today, except then it was the coming of the next ice age... which is actually going to come as they heve for aeons.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
...America blocks flow of water from Colorado River into Mexico to hoard water internally...

That happens now...

With all the upstream diversions for cities and agriculture the river only reaches the Gulf of California during peak Spring runoff or very wet years.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think this is a very real possibility. Just take Buffalo for instance. They just got 30 inches of snow in mid-october. Power is not available for thousands of people. Now, for me, this is a sure sign that temperatures are going to drop drastically.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I forsee this happening at sometimes around 2300 - the possibility of a Globular Ice Age brings wetness to my mouth, it's going to happen, it's like a sexy atavistic ice age Barbarella.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by blingblong
I forsee this happening at sometimes around 2300 - the possibility of a Globular Ice Age brings wetness to my mouth, it's going to happen, it's like a sexy atavistic ice age Barbarella.

I love it! "A sexy atavistic ice age Barbarella." That wins the trophy for best damn phrase ever uttered on ATS.

Yes, I too would welcome a global ice age if I had a Barbarella to keep me warm at night.....Welcome back, psychedelic sci-fi 60's!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I know who the CIA (cocain inport agency) J/K

I had, however rtead of DIA, or what they do.

Defence Intelligence Agency.

Provide timely, objective, and cogent military intelligence to warfighters, defense planners, and defense and national security policymakers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

source

Hope this educates all those who also never read of dia.

new topics

top topics

join