It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who thinks the Wii is dumb

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

They told the public about it at the last minute, that doesn't mean it wasn't planned the whole time.

Then why did they announce it a year after Nintendo did?

I don't see what that has to do with what I said, in fact it is basically what I said. The point I was trying to get across is that companies use other companies ideas sometimes, and sometimes they don't tell the public about an idea until the last minute to keep them on their toes. We don't know whether or not that was a plan of sony's the whole time or not. They announced a lot of things late, this is because they couldn't give the people all of the info about it at one time, because then nothing would be new and they would lose publicity. Sony had delays, if they had stated every little tidbit of info from the beginning, nobody would have been excited about it. That goes for any info, not just about the controller.

And sure, they didn't tell anybody about it, not even the publishers for a while. Maybe they did get the idea from Nintendo, maybe it was something that was on the backburner the whole time and they didn't decide to go for it until they found out that Nintendo was doing that. Who knows, and does it really matter? That's what they have in their controller, so people just need to get over it.

I really don't see why people are flipping out about this, whenever The only things that I can think of right off hand that are in any next gen. console that's original are of course nintendo's controller and sony's Cell processor, everything is is borrowed from somewhere else. I guess everybody had a fit like this whenever other companies started using cds or dvds to put their games on, I'm sure there was one company that had that first.

All I'm saying is that people need to quit whining about things like this. If Nintendo's controller is so much better, then surely sony's will fail, and if people have such a problem with the controller issue, then they won't buy the system because of it. It's not that big of a deal. I guess while we are complaining though, why hasn't anybody accused sony of stealing the wireless controllers from Microsoft? After all, the 360 was out a whole year before PS3.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me if the Wii also plays Gamecube format games?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Can someone please tell me if the Wii also plays Gamecube format games?

yes. yes it does. backwards compatable with all gamecube games...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join