It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Is Out Of Place.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this, so bare with me.

I've noticed a few things about my live in g/f lately.
The two of us are almost as one, we don't keep secrets, and we know each other top to bottom.
However, lately, it's almost as if she's a different person.

I got into conspiracy theories, and you name it hot and heavy for awhile, downloading every piece of info I came across, often w/o even reading it.
I had almost 300Gigs worth.
That's when things started to take a turn for the worst.

I was at work, of all places, and recieved a phone call.
I pick the phone up, and say Hello, and a middle aged man, based on his voice says "Hello Michael (My real name IS Michael) I see your doing well lately."
Before I can even respond.. thinking wait, you see I've been doing well lately?
He speaks up again "I'd like to advise you to keep your mind on everyday things, and off such non-sense issues as you've had great intrest in."
Then he hung up.
That night, I come home, and as usual my g/f isn't there yet.
So, I do the nightly practice of kicking back infront of the tv for a half hour, before going to work out.
After coming BACK from the gym, the g/f still isn't home.
That concerns me, because she's usually home an hour before I get back.

So, I say ok, she may have went by her moms.
I call over, and they haven't seen her.
I call her phone, it's turned off.
Turned off?
About that time, her car pulls in.
She walks in, and goes about her business as if nothings wrong, and completely ignores that I'm there.
So I speak up, and almost start some drama with her, and she looks surpised, almost as if she didnt know me.
So I start asking questions, and the answers are very straight to the point, no nonsense, but very dry.
Not like her at all.

Fast forward 3 weeks.
We're at a family party, and pictures are being taken, and when it comes time for us to take pictures, she flat out refuses to have one taken with anyone.
Now, this isn't like her, she's a camera hog.
So, after the party, we go home, and I pop on her favorite dvd, and she walks by like she doesnt notice.
She LOVES this movie with a passion.. yet doesnt see it on???

Fast forward 2 weeks past that.
Our sex life is a flat zero... there is none.
That's not like her either, she's VERY .. how do I say it w/o being censored.. very intimate, all the time.
Well, not now, not twords anyone, no warmth twords her parents or friends.

This lead me to believe, maybe this wasn't my g/f after all.
Shocking, and too much to take in at once, I talk to myself, telling myself "Nah, it's gotta be her, maybe she's got inner problems" etc.
Well, our conversations are alot like talking to the cops, flat, mundane, dull.. no life to them.
She even talks with a lifeless tone.
It's more than strange.

I'm scared.. I dont think this is my g/f.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelMyers

That's not like her either, she's VERY .. how do I say it w/o being censored.. very intimate, all the time.

I'm scared.. I dont think this is my g/f.

its not your gf anymore, its your wife. jk

i dont know what to say, maybe she is not right in her head. just keep trying to talk to her.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well i doubt it is a robot. sorry im pretty skeptical with this stuff. however, she could just be depressed about something. The withdrawl from family and friends, her habits seem to be scattered from how they are usually. or...she could possibly be cheating, and feel guilty about it, but not know how to end it with the other person...just going over possibilities.

now as for the possible conspiracy side of things which seems to be what you like
maybe that same person that called you, contacted her, and threatened her. Maybe she is trying to show distance so in case someone said they would be watching her, would see her distance, and not try and hurt you or her family. If someone approached me out of nowhere, claimed my bf stumbled onto something or something along those lines, i would probably be distant too. if this IS the scenario, her withdrawl seems completely normal under those circumstances. she would probably be really freaked out, not wanting to tell you what happened out a fear that something bad could happen, so shes still trying to act normal but naturally withdrawn out of fear.

i dont think this is the case, but i suppose its a possiblity. you did say someone contacted you, and knew how you were. who's to say, they didnt watch her as well and contact her. you said she was late that night, if shes not cheating, then someone could have caught her enroute to your home.

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I don't think you should read into this too much..yet. You might cause yourself to get paranoid/delusional and that would be very very bad for your situation.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I hate to say this but it sounds like she has fallen out of love with you and is probably cheating. for all you know that guy who called you is probably her lover, and knows everything about you, so decided to play a prank on you knowing your in to conspiracy stuff. This could make you paranoide and give her a just reason to leave you without upsetting anyone she knows.

He's probably poisning your g/f mind against you, if i were you i would leave work early on occasion and check on her. ( is she where she says she is??)
Also try not to be too pridictable and see how she takes it.

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Michael why don't you just ask her what is up with her?

Ask her if she's had any strange phone calls too?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It's quite obvious that she is cheating on you. I'm not trying to be mean, but it seems as though this is your sad reality and you have to do something about it. Not wanting to take pictures with you, doesn't need your loving anymore, is trying to forget the past she had with you to make things work better with her new boyfriend and talks with you in a dull matter. What more evidence do you need? Oh, I've got one! How about when she had her phone off on that night she came home late? Yeah, she clearly was with someone else and didn't want you calling and interrupting whatever activity she was performing.

What you need to do is follow her and see where she's going and whom she's seeing. I know this sounds a bit harsh, but you need to do this if you want to know whether she's still true to what the two of you once had or if she's found a new love interest. Hope everything works out for you!

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Impreza]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I got into conspiracy theories, and you name it hot and heavy for awhile, downloading every piece of info I came across, often w/o even reading it.

No mystery here. You are spending too much time on the internet. You are getting into things she has no interest in and you aren't paying enough attention to her.

Get off the computer. Talk to HER instead of the computer screen.

You are supposed to be in the phase where you are woooo-ing her (for lack of a better word). You are supposed to be impressing her and yet what does she get??
If I were her I'd be bored and seriously wondering if THIS is what I want for the rest of my life. (and the answer would be no .. I wouldn't want to be an internet widow).

Sorry kiddo ... she's not a robot .. you just have been taking her for granted and she knows it and probably wants out.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'd say either she's found someone else, maybe even the guy who called you at work, or you have dabbled in the wrong CT.

If you have downloaded sensitive, potentially incriminating material that has been traced to you, and you are under surveillance, then its possible your gf was intercepted on the way home and either implanted or hypnotized and compartmentalized. Your description of her behavior fits both scenarios. The fact that you received the phone call at work the same day things went strange with your gf is also indicative that the two events are related.

Maybe she asked the guy to call you, if she is trying to break up, and thinks you know what's up?

You can't be too careful these days, I know. I was married for nearly nine years and had a five year old son before I realized something was seriously amiss with my wife, and had been all along. Talk about being trusting and oblivious! It wasn't someone else, either, and I am still sorting things out. Stranger than Fiction, I tell you.

My advice? Confront her, and trust your instincts.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

No mystery here. You are spending too much time on the internet. You are getting into things she has no interest in and you aren't paying enough attention to her.

Get off the computer. Talk to HER instead of the computer screen.

You are supposed to be in the phase where you are woooo-ing her (for lack of a better word). You are supposed to be impressing her and yet what does she get??
If I were her I'd be bored and seriously wondering if THIS is what I want for the rest of my life. (and the answer would be no .. I wouldn't want to be an internet widow).

Sorry kiddo ... she's not a robot .. you just have been taking her for granted and she knows it and probably wants out.

Those are some very bold statements coming from someone who does not know his personal life whatsoever...

Not cool at all.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There are some good points here Michael.
You have seen a difference in her but have you looked internally as well? She may be reacting to a difference in you.
Dabbling in conspiricies also brings out the suspicion in people so perhaps you are seeing what was already there prior to your new interests.

Check with her friends and family to determine if they too see a difference in her behaviour. If they don't then perhaps it is your relationship in trouble and then I would encourage you to talk with her outright before you get hurt.

If they have noticed a difference then it's likely she was transformed into a pod person. JK

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Maybe she got freaked out with your obsession with conspiracy and got someone to ring you to try to get you out of it. Maybe you were so wrapped up in all this stuff you havent paid attention to your real life and she's got sick of it.
It seems to me more likely than her being swapped for some robot or her mind being wiped or something.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I appreciate the replies.

As for not spending enough time with her, I spend alot of time with her.
As for the conspiracy theories, lol I do like them, but I only study up on them when she's at work, once she's home, it's all about her.

One thing that stuck out was, she seems to show memory loss.
She can't remember birthdates, or appointments, so maybe she's suffering from mild amnesia?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
From what you have said so far, it now seems even less likely she is seeing someone else.

Could she be having some sort of medical difficulty that is interfering with her memory and personality function?

Again, the fact that you received the weird call at work the same day this strange behavior pattern started leads me to belive the two incidents are related somehow. You don't get a lot of calls like that, do you?

Something is distracting her, big time. For her sake, as well as your own, you need to get to the bottom of it, sooner rather than later. You said this has been going on for several weeks, right?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

One thing that stuck out was, she seems to show memory loss.
She can't remember birthdates, or appointments, so maybe she's suffering from mild amnesia?

Tell her about her aparent memory loss and take her to a doctor as soon as possible. It could be a sicness affecting her brain and such things can be serious/difficult to treat.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Those are some very bold statements coming from someone who does not know his personal life whatsoever...

Sure. HE ASKED FOR OPINIONS. that's what i saw. He said he spent a LOT of time on the internet. He was seriously into things she wasn't into. She got bored. They are only dating and I'm sure she was thinking 'is this what I want for the rest of my life'?? He wants to know where his sex life went. It's obvious ... she's not interested anymore and part of it could very well be because she was on her way to becoming an internet-widow before she was even married.

I'm a girl. From the information he gave; I gave him a girls perspective.

And I agree with the poster about the alleged memory loss thing - she could be depressed or have a medical condition. Suggest she see a doctor. Depression could explain loss of interest in sex as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Removed personal attack

[edit on 11-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Not cool at all.

You are a freak'n joke.

c'mon you guys,a fellow ats'er asked for help.Personal attacks are not the answer here.As for your situation Mike is there any way you could get her to see a doctor?It seems to me she has some form of amnesia.good luck to you man,hope everything works out for ya!

[edit on 11-10-2006 by crowpruitt]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well, I'm probably wrong here, but maybe she is pregnant and doesn't want to be.

That could explain why she was late (doctors appointment) and the attitude change in such a drastic manner.

As for the phone call, well maybe it was her doc calling to let you know you need to look at your life priorities, without telling you of the pregnancy.

Could it be she is distraught over being pregnant, or possibly contemplating abortion?

I would definitely sit her down and have a heart to heart with her.

I surely hope I'm wrong.

Good luck

Later, Ausable_Bill

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Your history so you might as well start shopping for a new one and try to figure out if it was you or her. It's that time of year where the female primal instincts are in full gear so the child will be born in the spring and be strong enough to survive the winter.

mikell

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Lol, alot of various replies lol.

Well, I have goods news, and bad.
I asked her last night about seeing a doctor, after someone mentioned that.
At first she said no, that she couldn't see one, then she finally let in.
Well, our family doctor suggested we go to a clinic in a nearby city this morning, and helped to get us scheduled in asap, which happened to be at 10a.m. this morning.

So, long story short, she does have mild memory loss, however the dr we spoke to said she felt it was from some traumatic event that happened lately.
She also told us that she suffered from anxiety, and extremely mild paranoia.

Now.. I'm glad it's just memory loss, BUT, the main thing that worries me is.. WHAT traumatic experience?
She's had a pretty easy life, parents are loaded, she's never had any accidents with her car, nothing that would come to me as traumatic.

Now, if I piece together the phone call, with this, it makes me wonder if someone hasn't scared her, or threatened her the same day I recieved the call.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is, the material I had saved, came from years of research, and she never really got into stuff like that, so why would someone threaten her?
Did I come across something I wasn't supposed to see?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join