It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard C hoagland: How can i trust this guys info after this statement ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
While this gave me quite a chuckle, this certainly isn't the first time Hoagland has had his facts seriously mistaken.... (1800's history book...
)

I fail to see how anyone can take him seriously, and I've actually been to one of his presentations, hehe....

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

And, for all I know, "they" changed the reported population of Australia, just to make Hoagland look foolish, and lose credability.

Your joking right ?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by Gazrok

While this gave me quite a chuckle, this certainly isn't the first time Hoagland has had his facts seriously mistaken.... (1800's history book...
)

I fail to see how anyone can take him seriously, and I've actually been to one of his presentations, hehe....

Gazrok, with all due respect, if you don't see how anyone can take RCH seriously you need to downgrade your Moderatorship from Super to maybe Medium or even Small. RCH has done more to expose NASA's coverup than any other single individual. If you want people to take you seriously I would seriously consider modifying my derogatory comments about Richard C.Hoagland. And if you really did attend one of his presentations and still feel the way you do that gives me cause to wonder about you. Not Richard C. Hoagland.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
)

Brave man.

Interesting, you're the first person I've heard from who has. Did you get any kind of sense from the rest of the audience how it was going or talk to anyone else after to find out what they thought?

Caveat Emptor.

Did you ask Hoaxland for a refund?

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Access Denied]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I won't believe RCH untill I see this photo thats on the moon, with the structures thats susposed to blow my mind.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied

Did you ask Hoaxland for a refund?

Im willing to question RCH research methods but that comment is really below the belt and uncalled for

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
I won't believe RCH untill I see this photo thats on the moon, with the structures thats susposed to blow my mind.

I also heard RCH talk about this on a past Coast To Coast saying that he was going to reveal this mind blowing photo at some convention, thats the last i have heard ?. Maybe are good friend Mr Lear can helps us out with more info on this ?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

I also heard RCH talk about this on a past Coast To Coast saying that he was going to reveal this mind blowing photo at some convention, thats the last i have heard ?. Maybe are good friend Mr Lear can helps us out with more info on this ?

Yeah. I wait with bated breath!! But seriously John, could you give us some gen on this? I mean, why is RCH shying away from 'exposure' or 'disclosure'? Have the cops warned him off?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Im willing to question RCH research methods but that comment is really below the belt and uncalled for

But had I made a similar remark about let's say GWB would you have given me a thumbs up or just ignored it?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but hopefully someone can help me out.

I've been wanting to listen to the Coast to Coast with George Noory show for quite some time now, but it seems like I have to pay money to listen. However, one of my friends said that all you have to do is go on his website at the time of his show and listen and that I don't have to pay.

Can anyone please explain to me if I definitely need to pay money to listen to the show or if there is actually a way to listen for free? Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I listen to C2C on the regular radio, it's on an AM station here. Maybe this link will help you locate an affiliate in your area. Coast To Coast

Hope you find a station
Good Luck

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
www.wabcradio.com... does live streams, so in 30 minutes go to live stream on this site, its good.

EDIT: BTW www.siriusseminars.com... has already occured, he showed the image/s at this event, I wonder if lear can give us some insight on this?

[edit on 10-10-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
^ Thanks fellas! I'll check those links at a later time as I have to go to work in a few minutes. Thanks again, and I hope I didn't disrupt anything in this thread.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
LMFAO!

Trust me guys, an Aborigional is hard to come by these days. Poor bastards.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Yeah. I wait with bated breath!! But seriously John, could you give us some gen on this? I mean, why is RCH shying away from 'exposure' or 'disclosure'? Have the cops warned him off?

I highly doubt RCH is "shying away from 'exposure' or 'disclosure'" rather holding out on this photo to hype up this convention he plans to reveal it at. In other words is about ticket sales and RCH gets paid doing the rounds none the less. As much as i hate so say it id pay $20 for UFO convention to see these photo regardless.

Originally posted by Access Denied

But had I made a similar remark about let's say GWB would you have given me a thumbs up or just ignored it?

You get my vote for "hands down the worst analogy EVER on a ATS thread "

[edit on 11-10-2006 by helium3]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I think what he was saying is that these people don't/won't/can't explain the phenomena and won't take action. Although you can label it racist, it comes down to hard facts. Tribespeople aren't as effective at creating a huge story and taking action in media and government as educated men and women in business suits.

He's making a broad generalization for dramatic effect. Simple as that. His facts are wrong, but he knows his facts are wrong. The facts aren't what matter in that statement, it's the feeling/idea he's trying to get across.

IE analogy- Playing playstation 2 with a tv and a powersource in the middle of antartica isn't going to attract much attention from penguins or polarbears. (and i'm not trying to be racist, any primitive man is unfamiliar with technology or current affairs... and primitive man stops being that way the second he gets into a civilization and prospers.)

Don't fail to recognize, that generally when people are in the know and frustrated, these generalities come out in antagonism etc. It's just part of the trade. Antagonism is it's own language. Talk to a military vet. and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Don't take so much stuff literally...

[edit on 11-10-2006 by jaguarmike]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Earlier in the thread, someone posted a basic map of Australia. Let's get some perspective & I'll throw some additional info into the mix.

Australia is a continent, approximately the same size of the USA minus Alaska. In Western Australia, there is a single cattle ranch 3 times bigger than Texas. We have a population of around 20M, of which less than 1% is 'aboriginal'. You have to understand that the centre of the continent is pretty much all a big desert, albeit some interesting features, and a paradise for some. The population density of 'aboriginals' (the term is somewhat offensive & akin to calling Native Americans 'Indians') in the centre & north is a LOT higher than elsewhere. There are some entire communities which are 'aboriginal' out there, although the major towns are of course more of a mix. So there's a snapshot of where we are talking about.

Near the town called Alice Springs on that map, is a major US operated base called Pine Gap, (there are others nearby, less infamous). A few hundred kms north of Alice Springs is perhaps the #1 hotspot for UFO activity in Australia, if not the world, marked by a roadhouse called Wycliffe Well. Google it. "Wycliffe Well is the new Area 51", that's what the owner of the roadhouse told me when i was there 6 weeks ago. In the few minutes I was able to chat to him, he told me enough to make me want to spend a lot more time there. With cameras.

RCH Hoaglands ignorance about Australia's population is to be expected, let's face it, Geography is not a strong subject for the typical citizen of the USA. I am most certainly not commenting on RCH's views about the moon, UFOs, or anything else. Just shedding some light on the actual topic in question. That particular area in the middle of the Australian continent is definitely a hot spot for strange activities & phenomena. No question about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Yeah to the best of my knowledge there are a few launch detection sites up North too. Rumours also exist of the Star Wars program, Son of Star Wars, ICBM defence sites and Nuclear missile silo's.

You could get away with so much in the middile of Australia.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Whilst there may not be many aborigines in Sydney, Australia's second biggest city Melbourne is practically an aboriginal reserve. I in fact am typing this from my humpy, and am about to go feed my kangaroos, in the back paddock. It it has been great getting electricity it has really helped especially with this telegraph thingy, the Internet i think you advanced people from the US of A call it.

But Seriously.....

Gee I really question why Australia bothers siding with the US in all her wars. The average American could care less about us, and have no idea that we really are just a smaller version. Due to our position in the southern hemisphere the US certainly needs us more than we need them, aside from providing us Australia with Junk culture, what do they do for us. Just a reminder Australia has one of the worlds greatest resources of uranium.

Now this is coming from some one who was very pro US before he started visiting this fantastic site, which I do love, but the contempt people from the US have for the rest of the world serves only to breed terrorism and piss off their allies.

Maybe instead of sending more troops to the slaughter, maybe turn the ego down about 20 notches.....

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkmelb
Gee I really question why Australia bothers siding with the US in all her wars. The average American could care less about us, and have no idea that we really are just a smaller version. Due to our position in the southern hemisphere the US certainly needs us more than we need them, aside from providing us Australia with Junk culture, what do they do for us. Just a reminder Australia has one of the worlds greatest resources of uranium.

Now this is coming from some one who was very pro US before he started visiting this fantastic site, which I do love, but the contempt people from the US have for the rest of the world serves only to breed terrorism and piss off their allies.

Maybe instead of sending more troops to the slaughter, maybe turn the ego down about 20 notches.....

Well, here’s something for starters. . .

www.dfat.gov.au... Speech by the Hon Alexander Downer, MP, Minister for Foreign Affairs,at the University of Sydney conference, The Australia-United States Alliance and East Asian Security, Sydney, 29 June 2001.

First, from the outset, ANZUS was conceived as a security pact flexible enough to be relevant to a range of challenges. Initially, this was Australia’s concern to be protected against the threat of a militarily resurgent Japan. Then, in the Cold War, it was protection against the threat of Communist expansionism. Now, in what President Bush has recently described as an era in which the threats come from uncertainty, it provides a bedrock of certainty and security on which both Australia and the United States know they can always rely.
Second, the alliance helps cement the US into the security architecture of the region. The United States, through its engagement in the Western Pacific, plays a particularly important role in balancing and containing potential rivalries in the region. For all the crises of the past three years, the power balance in the region has remained stable, essentially because the US has maintained and strengthened its alliances with Asia-Pacific countries.
Third, Australia's alliance with the United States gives Australia much greater weight and relevance in regional and global security issues. The most prominent recent example of this was the way the US took guidance from Australia in lending its assistance to the UN operation in East Timor, without which the operation would not have been nearly so effective.
And fourth, as a result of the alliance, we carry substantially more weight in Washington in regional affairs - and beyond - than would otherwise be the case. The machinery of the ANZUS Council, which evolved into the regular AUSMIN talks, has given Australia a stronger voice in global and regional security discussions, which was just as important in the minds of Spender and the other Australians advocating the arrangement as the security guarantee.

Against this background, one of the Howard Government's major foreign policy achievements has been to revitalise and reinvigorate the Australia-US alliance relationship.

We’re not all the same mate, as is probably the case where you’re from also. We don’t all blindly agree with all foreign policy our country conducts, and yes, we do makes mistakes, IMHO.

How do you know the average American could care less about Australia. Have you conducted some reasearch in this area? If so please share it with us. If not I find this statement , in your own words,

contemptuous. . .

BTW- When’s the last time someone messed with Australia? Don’t you think the USSR in her hayday was frothing at mouth to get her hands on said uranium?

I think both countries have mutually benefited from the alliance over the years. . . and a heck of a lot more than just, “junk culture”. . . Sad you think that way mate, but anyways, have a good day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Added 'ex' tags to external quote

[edit on 11-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
For starters I would take anything from Downer with a HUGE grain of salt, he and Howard are pro-Bush than most of the US population. Don't get me wrong I do vote for their party, however Downers sycophantic approach to the US is at best embarrassing. So best to consider the source on that one.

How safe would the US be if they lost the pacific? Also Pine Gap plays a huge part in Americas defence. The US needs us, however I am under no illusions that without that need we would be in big trouble as our country does not have the population to fully protect it self.

Just reading threads on any message board, no matter what topic, Americans 95% of the time always come across as it is the US then everyone else.

Sorry if I am using rather large brush strokes, but it is the way you are perceived. Again I can't stress enough that I'm glad our countries do have good relations but I am not niave enough to think how quickly that would change if our government grew some balls and stopped following the USA into every war that doesn't concern us.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join