It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"BNP terror plot"... why no mention in the media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

TWO Pendle men have appeared before Pennine magistrates accused of having "a master plan" after what is believed to be a record haul of chemicals used in making home-made bombs was found in Colne.
Robert Cottage (49), of Talbot Street, Colne, and David Bolus Jackson (62), of Trent Road, Nelson, made separate appearances before the court charged with being in possession of an explosive substance for an unlawful purpose. The offences are under the Explosive Substances Act 1883.
Both men were remanded in custody to appear at Burnley Crown Court on October 23rd. Cottage was arrested at his home on Thursday, while retired dentist Jackson was arrested in the Lancaster area on Friday, the same day as he left a dental practice in Grange-over-Sands.
The 22 chemical components recovered by police are believed to be the largest haul ever found at a house in this country.
Cottage is an ex-BNP member who stood as a candidate in the Pendle Council elections in May.
Mrs Christiana Buchanan, who appeared for the prosecution in Jackson's case, alleged the pair had "some kind of masterplan".
She said a search of Jackson's home had uncovered rocket launchers, chemicals, BNP literature and a nuclear biological suit.

Source

Firstly, for those who are unfamiliar with the "political" party known as the Btitish Nationalist Party, they are essentially a bunch of racists going under the guise of "politics".

Chemicals? Nuclear biological suits?? Rockets???

I'm sorry, but so soon as a Muslim with a beard so much as looks at Big Ben, its plastered all over the news. Yet the BNP (or at least someone affiliated with the BNP) can be caught in possession of rockets and explosives, it makes the backwaters of the local rags.

Please note the incident happened on Thursday, so the mainstream media has had over 4 days to cover the incident.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by john_bmth]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Odd.

Can't find buggery all on the net about this, bar the link provided.....

EDIT: You can if you search for "Robert Cottage Burnley crown court", but it is the exact same article on every link on the 3 pages of results.

Where did the original story come from?

[edit on 9/10/06 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There appears to be another story available about this situation linked in this (closed) thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
[I posted this in another thread discussing this story which has since been closed, didn't see this thread.]

Fascinating. The largest haul ever in this country? I would have thought that after the years of terrorism perpetuated against England by the IRA that that would entail a very large amount of explosives indeed. It is shocking that I haven't seen this reported anywhere in the mainstream media.

Could it be unreported because it does not fit the agenda of those who supply the daily propaganda? White terrorists do nothing to aid the demonisation of folk who at least partially share an ideology with those we are currently engaged in military action against on foreign soil. People don't want to hear about the fact that any individual, regardless of colour or creed can be a potential terrorist threat. It's so much nicer to have a target visibly different from ourselves to direct our ire towards. It's so much easier to divide and rule if our "enemy" is easily distinguishable through the clothes they wear, the colour of their skin, or the rituals that they partake in.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have trawled for hours and the only references I can find are the exact same story on obscure websites

I have gone to Lancashire Polices website and there is no mention of this anywhere on there.

I suppose we should wait until the 23rd October when this case is supposed to go to court. I don't think that would be a trial though, prob just a preliminary hearing.

I seriously doubt it is the largest explosive haul in the UK though. You cannot hide something like that.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If this is the guy who blew off his own Garage Door then there was the briefest of mentions on one Radio 4 news bulletin yesterday but it wasn't repeated. Certainly no mention of any BNP / Far-right connection that I heard.

'Rocket launchers' - a very worrying development!

Perhaps someone has made decision to deny the BNP the 'oxygen of publicity' but I agree there's a massive double-standard being applied.

An example of the 'D' Notice system in operation?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's not that dude. There is an article on BBC News about him. that was just a student mucking about with things that went
bang.

Student Bomb Dude

EDIT: To add. Rocket launchers are not that hard to make. I can make one from memory and can also make other explosives. If anyone is old enough to remember the Jolly Rodger or Anarchist Cookbook, they contained all you needed to know in order to be an urban terrorist...

[edit on 11/10/06 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The explosive North, eh?

My mistake so no, no mention on the Beeb - definitely a D notice in operation - SHHH

Re rocket launcher, yes see what you mean I assumed RPG-7 but could be home-made, still scary though!

JAK

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
After reading this thread a few days back I decided to see what I could find on the story and, as mentioned, there seemed to be no mainstream media coverage. After searching numerous sites I took the step of e-mailing the BBC on the 11th October and asking why such a story had not been considered worthy of even the slightest mention.

To my surprise yesterday (16th October) I recieved a reply:

Jack,

Thanks for your e-mail and sorry for the delay in replying. We had planned to cover this issue on last week's NewsWatch programme, but unfortunately had to drop the item at the last minute because we couldn't confirm information we needed to make sure our report didn't break the law.

The simple answer is that the national BBC should have covered this but missed the story - it was featured on BBC Radio Lancashire, where the offences occurred, but should have had wider coverage nationally. However, it's also interesting that of the national newspapers, only the Sunday Times carried any mention of the case at all.

I think this is partly down to the way the police locally handled the whole thing - and there have been discussions about the lack of information coming from them.

However, I should point out that much of the information you may have read on various websites goes far beyond what should be reported once people have been arrested and charged, and the BBC could not have given anywhere near that much detail of the case.

But I'm told there will definitely be someone covering next Monday's court hearing in Burnley.

I hope that's useful,

Ian Jolly
    NewsWatch

I then replied to offer my thanks for their response and ask permission to post it here:

Jack,

Yes, that should be fine - it's good of you to ask, as most people go ahead and post replies anyway!

I was very disappointed that we couldn't cover this on NewsWatch, as that's exactly what the programme is for. I think the BBC should be open about situations like this, even though I know not everyone will believe them!

Kind regards,

Ian

The replies appear very frank, offering the initial explanation that the BBC just 'missed the story' and the second suggesting the desire for openess from the BBC concerning such matters might be considered good news by some. Also something I thought noteable was the observation '...of the national newspapers, only the Sunday Times carried any mention of the case at all.' and the suggestion that 'I think this is partly down to the way the police locally handled the whole thing - and there have been discussions about the lack of information coming from them.'

It is of course up to the individual whether they believe the above or that there is something more to this lack of coverage but my thanks does go out to Mr. Ian Jolly for both the time taken to send and permission granted to post his replies here.

There is still no mention of this story on either the BBC (although as stated above there should be coverage of Monday's court hearing in Burnley), ITN, Sky, Channel 4 or Channel 5 news websites.

Jak

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Good work JAK.

I find Mr Jolly's reply very interesting: still no mention on the bbc website even the Lancashire section - as the hearing was yesterday then I don't think there will be any coverage.

His comments re the local Police suggest that it's not a D notice job but the Police themselves have taken a decision not to talk this one up - in stark contrast to Police Forces' / Home Office's almost desperate talking up of any Islamic terrorist investigations.

I wonder if this decision was taken by Lancs Police (or is it GMP?) alone or by the Govt / ACPO?

This plot gets thicker by the day!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The e-mail did say it was covered BBC Radio, rather than BBC News.

This Ian Jolly chap, his name rings a bell... sure I've seen his name somewhere before...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I may have speculated on this in a different thread but anyway,
This story should really have been Huge,the media love this stuff usually,ah but wait...no muslims are involved.So lets hide it away,we dont want the good british people to think their fellow white man could be thinking of blowing something up.
Unless they are the government that is.They seem to rather enjoy blowing things up,in other countries,of course.
I was wondering if the BNP had decided to embrace the "false flag" ethos.They may have learned how effective it is proving to be for certain foreign governments.
An RPG if indeed it was an RPG envokes the taliban,and al qaeda after all.
Maybe they decide to blow up a government facility,launch a few RPGs,dump a couple of recently kidnapped and drugged muslims with pockets full of ammo,and Voila!Bobs your uncle.
Government rounds up illegals,BNP has lots of ammo for their campaign etc etc

Speculation only,i know.But possible? I think so.

The media blackout is mighty suspicious.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is a creation of taking sides and creating division between people.

I overheard somebody in work this morning (who normally seems level-headed) making comment about a murder trail taking place only making the fifth news item on the Scottish news and saying "if it were white youths who had killed that asian lad it would be headline news and they'd all be out in protest".

The news item.
The story of a young white lad tortured, killed and burnt by a group of Asian men.

The thing is, I agree with him.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by RubberJohnny]

top topics

join