It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush And John F Kennedy Respond To A Nuclear Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Listen to the Following youTube posting, making a comparison
of an Speech delivered due to a recent nuclear threat.

Can you distinguish IQ levels? or not?

youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure IQ is the difference I see. One is a better speaker than the other, clearly. Resolve seem's to be the main factor IMO. Kennedy see's the inherent danger and step's out aggressively.

If Kennedy had had to deal with Vietnam BEFORE the Cuban Missile Crisis, we may have seen something a little more akin to Bush's timidity. Of course, as we know, he never got the chance.

I think it would have been better if the NK problem had come up first. I guess the lesson is 'pick your battle's carefully'.

We need a strong leader right now and it seem's like Iraq has traumatized our's to the point of being ineffective. Come's outta the gate after 911 a bull, get's beat down by public opinion and turn's into the consummate political dove. Scared of his own shadow. This is bad, considering he is the one charged with the defense of this nation!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So I wasn't the only one that felt that he was speaking with a voice of someone being intimidated...

I also think that the timing for Korea to make the threat was the most
optimal....think about it, Right now the leader of a political party has more
things in his head that the outside world....

..his own political party
.....his family...
..and oh yeah the rest for the world....

Lots of responsability....

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If you compare GWB's body language against Kenedy's, GWB seems more
stressed and worried.

Kenedy is more relaxed.

Yet, they both seem to be READING a speech they did not agree with.

Am I the only one noticing this?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
JFK took the US to the absolute brink of global thermonuclear war. He decided that it was worth the risk to fight the ideology of communism. He even got invovled in a war in a far off country that a lot of people said the US had no business being in.

GWB and JFK have a heck of a lot in common. Public Speaking? No. But policy? Switch 'global terrorism' for 'internationalist communism', and its the same.

a1ex
Kenedy is more relaxed.Yet, they both seem to be READING a speech they did not agree with. Am I the only one noticing this?

Kennedy was a big supporter of fighting communism, anywhere, anytime, to the death. If he looked more relaxed, it might've been because he was doped up on painkillers so much.

new topics

top topics

join