It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove, Abramoff connection? More scandals!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The scandals do not end with Foley but maybe Foley scandal was for a purpose!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that the timely Foley scandals has taken away from other issues going around the white house.

Is the Foley scandal geared to covert up the news about the possible links between Rove office and Abramoff business deals in Iraq?

One of the Karl Rove aids is in the hot seat after new e-mails showing that Rove office had more than just talks with Abramoff.

No only violations of but meetings were set up with Rove to provide them with inside information on presidential appointments and decision making.

Including business deals of An Abramoff client and opportunities in Iraq.

Ralston also discussed future business opportunities with Abramoff, such as her plan to help him capitalize on the "rush to get lucrative government contracts" being awarded by the Department of Homeland Security—another possible breach of ethics rules.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

So the October surprise may have been a cover up for Rove itself.

How low can you go!!!!!!!!

Rove Aide Linked To Abramoff Resigns
Scandal Claims Its First West Wing Job

Susan B. Ralston submitted her resignation to avoid causing political damage to President Bush a month before the midterm elections, officials said. "She did not want to be a distraction to the White House at this important time," said White House spokeswoman Dana Perino.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Well such important news are in the back burner when it comes to Foley scandal. But this is a lot more damaging that Foley could ever be to the present administration and Republican majority congress.

No wonder Foley has taken center stage while this scandal stays in the back.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the link M.

I'm beyond being surprised anymore at the blatant disregard of the rules and LAW of this administration. Yes rank has it's privileges but come on..........

"everyone is created equal but some are more equal than others" Animal Farm.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I tell you, I have been trying to figure out why the Foley scandal came out when it did.

After all it was very timely. But perhaps it was more than meet the eye.

The Rove office and Abramoff link is to be much more damaging than a sex scandal but not as juicy when it comes to the preferences of the media and most of the population.

We have to understand that Abramoff is a big deal, it shows the type of corruption that our political system is full of it.

The sell out of our nations interest for the agendas of powerful lobbyist to satisfied their clients needs over the regular American citizen.

Now it seems that Rove's office has served a purpose when it comes to corrupted lobbyist and anybody cashing out on the deals.

This is just outrageous and low down dirty.

Dirty politics and dirty politicians.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't know Marge. I do think this story is damaging and is getting buried, but because of the N. Korean nuclear test. These stories just came out, while the Foley story broke a week ago Friday on ABC. Wouldn't the distracting story come out after the story being covered up?

BTW, here is a direct link to the second article.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I just don't see the Foley scandal being a distraction for anything. I think it will be more damaging than one of Rove's aides having scandalous ties to Abramoff and hiving to resign. Why? Because unfortunately, it is no surprise.

[edit on 10/9/2006 by Hal9000]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If you think this administration and Republicans have a monopoly on scandals you are sorely mistaken and uniformed. It just so happens the the democrat party controlled mainstream media goes out of its way to sit on democrat scandals and puts all their effort on trying to dig things up on Republicans.

Trying doing some scandal searches on dem senator Harry Reid, dem congressman William Jefferson, Rep. Gerry Studds, D-Mass. Maybe try a search on Bill Clinton and Rape.

Of course most of these stories get (or got) low media coverage because they are dems.

I shudder to think what the democrats are doing that we are never told about. When you have a media that only reports one side of things, their credibility as an independent entity is shot.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Where in my post I said that this is limited to Republican alone.

This thread is about the implications or possible implications of Rove office and Abramoff including what it could be planned business deals in Iraq.

Abramoff seems to have been a very well know key player in our politics and buy outs of our elected political leaders.

Our entire political system is corrupted and the entire political systems needs to be cleaned out.

top topics

join