It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKS bent firing pin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hello folks, I just found that the firing pin on my new yugo sks is bent. last time it was stuck and full of crud but straight, I removed it and cleaned and it worked ok, yesterday I fired about 100 rounds to zero in my new scope.
today while I was cleaning it I noticed the pin was stuck. had some difficulty removing it. after and reassembly it wouldnt go in being bent about 3 degrees off true , had to use a vise to straighten it. but Im no sure if it will happen again. any suggestions? should I replace it with a non yugo type.This is the original triangular shaped firing pin. any suggestions:hey

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
For safteys sake, you probably should get a new firing pin. Also you may want to think about getting the retrofit for your SKS to prevent slamfiring.

External Link - Firing Pins & Slamfire Retrofit

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I have the retrofit as shown in the link - absolutely recommend it.

All SKS owners should have this safety upgrade, and your bent FP will be history as it is replaced by a new stainless steel version.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well I have SKS type 56 and I had firing pin issues as well. The firing pin was actually dulled on the end and would not fire certain types of ammunition. I fixed this issue by filing the firing pin in such a way that it was sharper and penetrated deeper into the primer. I never had a bent firing pin though and mine isnt spring loaded either, its a "floating" firing pin.

new topics

top topics

join