It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Wolverine Costume?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I’ve compiled a list of Wolverine’s past an present costumes accompanied with images of them.

A History of Wolverine Costumes. Which is your Favorite?

Be sure to vote on the poll. I'll post the results here when the poll is finished.

Edit: link fix

[edit on 2/7/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I know it's a comic and all, but the idea of being a bright yellow neon target for your enemies seems retarded. The brown and tan goes better with his personality anyway.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I voted brown and tan too. It is my favorite and it makes more sense for Wolverine to wear.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I was wondering who else had voted brown and tan, guess I know now

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah,definately brown n' tan.He looks a lot more.....feral that way.Besides,that's the first costume i ever saw wolvie in,so it has sentimental value.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Oops. I forgot to post the results.

Poll Results: Which Wolverine Costume is your Favorite?

Of 68 votes.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wayne Static Shoulda been the movie Wolverine

imagine that hair!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm not big on comic books but I do like the characters, when I think wolverine I think classic blue and yellow, maybe i'm being a little naive and you can disregrd this as I have not followed his comic book existence but I don't like the brown and tan, or the leather look (even though thats in the films).
To me wolverine has always been blue and yellow.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I actually like the classic blue and yellow. The image that was shown was not that great.

BAM!!!

Much cooler.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sure, this thread gets attention now that the poll is done

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Leather looks a little George Michael for my liking, and the whole idea of choosing the best costume is a little.... (not sure how best to put it...)

....a little Vivienne Westwood

(no offence)

btw, i vote original... all the other options after that would be contrary to the idea of a super hero.

(what kind of a super hero is so effeminate that they feel the need to "dress up" anyway?)

(P.S. Wayne with the power of rawk and monstah voice would make Wolverine his bi-yatch!)

[edit on 11/11/06 by Creeping Jesus]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Are you asking why do they feel they need to wear a costume???

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Every superhero has there own reasons for wearing a costume. Many do it so that they look the part of a superhero.
As for Wolverine, he doesn’t like wearing the costume.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I know this is blasphemy against the clawed one, but i think ALL of his outfits are pretty damn ghey. He looks more like a big-ass, pissed off bumblebee than anything lupine.
And the leather? Oh man, it's like Mr T went metrosexual and grew claws. I pity the foo wears that outfit.

I never understood what all the fuss was about Wolverine, but I'm not a superhero comic fan so there you go. I just think there are a thousand cooler-looking characters with cooler looking-outfits than Wolverine. All he's got going for him is the claws. He needs a makeover.

[edit on 2006-11-11 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
why would a superhero want to "look the part" is it like having a flash car to prove that you don't have a small appendage?

As for Wolverine, he doesn’t like wearing the costume.

oh... I see.

So you are saying that although a super hero, he is oppressed and unable to think for himself that others tell him that a costume is essential in order to perform a function he see's as being morally correct.

why not send the guy that is makng him wear that bondage suit to do the job for him, it's obvious that if what you mention is true that Wolverine is scared into wearing the costume or is manipulated like some Gimp.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I know this is blasphemy against the clawed one, but i think ALL of his outfits are pretty damn ghey. He looks more like a big-ass, pissed off bumblebee than anything lupine.
And the leather? Oh man, it's like Mr T went metrosexual and grew claws. I pity the foo wears that outfit.

I never understood what all the fuss was about Wolverine, but I'm not a superhero comic fan so there you go. I just think there are a thousand cooler-looking characters with cooler looking-outfits than Wolverine. All he's got going for him is the claws. He needs a makeover.

[edit on 2006-11-11 by wecomeinpeace]

WATS for you buddy!

Wolverine is in the closet like the dress up fetishised prooven by the original link...

and yeah, I pity tha fooz too!

wolverine is more ghey than Bruno!!

wolverine is not as super as bruno..

edited: due to the fact that Mod's for some B###H A#S cannot get wats although are meant to be the same as all other posters but it is the thought that counts fo sho!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I know this is blasphemy against the clawed one, but i think ALL of his outfits are pretty damn ghey.

Not blasphemy at all. The character thinks much the same of the costumes. In his leather costume I can really see him singing Y.M.CA.

So you are saying that although a super hero, he is oppressed and unable to think for himself that others tell him that a costume is essential in order to perform a function he see's as being morally correct.

No.
The X-Men are a team. They are a team of super heroes and want to look like super heroes to the public. Otherwise they look like a bunch of scary mutants and then give humans another reason to hate them. Wolverine is part of this team so he also wears a costume. Most of the time in his solo books he is not in costume.
In the new video game Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Wolverine's default costume is jeans and a shirt.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

No.
The X-Men are a team. They are a team of super heroes and want to look like super heroes to the public.

you mean they do it cos they are attention seekers?

Otherwise they look like a bunch of scary mutants and then give humans another reason to hate them.

as opposed to looking like a mardi gras reject....

wolverine is part of a team alright....

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
They waer costumes for good reason:
If you had super powers would you like to be mobbed by press,
or have villains coming and kidnapping your family?
If they aren't very creative they have to wear a crappy costume...
Have you ever seen blankman with Damon Wayans???

lol

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I've always preffered Wolverine when he wears his normal street clothes like the picture back when he went feral where he's standing on the car and there are bullets whizzing past him and through him. It's totally badass

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join