It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd Dreams...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just to get to the point...

I've had dreams (in the past) where I've ended up going to school without my pants. I always end up scared and wake up after everyone starts laughing. I've heard this dream is common, but I'm not sure.

The second one I've had are ones where all of a sudden, I just start falling from the sky, and land face down onto a big field of grass. REAL HARD. As soon as I land, I wake up. (One thing, though, it is always a warm sunny day. The grass felt warm...)

I just want to know if anyone else has had dreams like these, and if so, what do you think they mean?

I NEED EXPLANATIONS!!! :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I had dreams of being naked/embarrassed especially during my school years long ago. Two things it could mean and I'll explain why afterwards.
1)You will actually have someone expose you, thus this is a sort of premonition.
2) You have issues or are afraid to be yourself

The reason I even mentioned #1 is because after having a series of dreams wherby people were staring at me for being exposed *naked* at school is because a young man actually ran by and pulled my pants down as I was walking home from school one sunny day! And everyone saw my rearend that day and thus I was humiliated for the rest of the year. But I learned a valuable lesson

2) When we dream of ourselves being exposed or naked and are ashamed in that dream, it certainly stands out as meaning we are ashamed of who we actually are underneath the clothing/inner being/thoughts and maybe you aren't necessarily ashamed, but you might hold back quite a bit of your real self because you don't want others' forming an opinion based on who you really are inside..my best advice, don't be. Some will judge you no matter how decent or horrific person you truly are and those judgements are shallow and these would not be people to keep as great friends IMO. Try to stop judging yourself also(if this is the case) we are sometimes our own worst critic AND enemy we cover up the wonderful things inside us because we fear those things ourselves.

Falling in dreams I've also experienced(again when I was younger) now I fly..so this is just reflecting your capacity as a human being and what you are capable of inside your mind and in dreams..you have to learn to fly and this takes practice and sometimes years of it(in my case) You need to learn to navigate your mind/body and soul together they are what completes you as a person.
You're hard landings are because your navigational skills are a little off and thus you fall flat and hard but on solid beautiful ground(which I might add is lucid as you can *feel* the warmth and sense the sunny day) You have some great potential shown in this dream..but things need to be worked on and practiced before that true potential shines as bright as the sun does in your dream. Your spirit is in dire need of some expression and heart to hearts. So I would advise working on that..and your in luck too, you came to the right place (ATS) for some fine tuning and then some!

Take Care~Happy dreaming

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike
Just to get to the point...

I've had dreams (in the past) where I've ended up going to school without my pants. I always end up scared and wake up after everyone starts laughing. I've heard this dream is common, but I'm not sure.

Hi Prophet Mike, i'd say it has a lot to do with your own personal insecurities about yourself. Something only time will heal.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'll agree, but not as much on the premonition aspect, but in the case where you are afraid of something being exposed...and the dream is your mind simulating this, to make it less of a shock if and when it occurs (let's face it, most things would pale to actually being at school with your pants down, hehe...) Therefore, it's a defense mechanism....

On the second...flying/falling, and then crashing, are quite common in those experiencing lucid dreaming for the first few times... For me, I've always thought of it as more of an initiation of sorts (i.e. see Matrix scene), to further lucid dreaming, as was mentioned, the fact you "felt" the warmth, etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone on their thoughts...

1) It's true. I DO have insecurities about myself. (Doesn't everyone?!) Another thing that could be bothering me is that I'm a VERY shy guy.

2) My dream about falling never starts with me flying. The dream starts in pure blackness, then all of a sudden, I'm on a high-speed crash course with the ground. I feel the warm air, grass, and see the sunshine. Thats what it's all about.

I know other people have had wierd dreams...
Don't be afraid. Come forward. We won't laugh... (at least I won't...)

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If not related to flying then, likely it symbolizes fear of failure, so your mind is trying to prepare itself..(pardon the pun), for a possible fall.... So, is there something specific you fear failing at? This may tie into the security in the first dream....

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Gazrok- You talk about failing at something. I just read the post you made in my "I'm just TOO SHY..." thread in "Relationships", and its relevant because I'm afraid that I won't get that girl to like me.

THAT'S ONE THING...

Feeling shy? Having problems when you are around girls (or guys)? Express yourself in my "I'm just TOO SHY..." thread in the "Relationships" section of BTS.

[Edited on 17-11-03 by prophetmike]

top topics

join