It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling the world with your mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I was recently meditating, and something incredible happened. I began to feel that I could feel the room I was in in my mind. It almost felt like another snesory input, a combination of touch and sight. It was incredible, but I'm not sure if I did that thing where I slip into sleep and then believ dreams to be part of my meditation. Any info or experience on this would be helpful

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ok. That's weird. I have felt the same sensation for years when totally relaxed. I get the feeling of holding something very infinite. It's hard to describe, but it's a combination of touch and thought. Now I don't feel like I'm crazy!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think that perhaps your conscious mind momentarily merged with your subconscious mind; and it is known that the subconsciousness picks up vast amounts of information that the conscious mind is not aware of.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Aztec,

yes agreed and it could be that the connection with the unconscious opens up a lot bigger reality than that of the conscious state. Hope this makes sense.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I was recently meditating, and something incredible happened. I began to feel that I could feel the room I was in in my mind. It almost felt like another snesory input, a combination of touch and sight. It was incredible, but I'm not sure if I did that thing where I slip into sleep and then believ dreams to be part of my meditation. Any info or experience on this would be helpful

Thats really cool Dreamstone. I can't say i've had quite that type of experience before. The closest i've come is when i had smoked 1/3 of a joint once when suddenly, i saw a picture much like a puzzle in my mind being completed but the amazing part of it was I was 'given' the Meaning to All Things I knew the Answer to Who we are and Why Life Exists in a Flash and then it was gone. I hate that!!

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I hadn't thought about the conscious merging with the subconscious.. thats a really good thought. I wonder if the can't of mind merge could be sustained

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
In my opinion it was just your energy coming into the flow of natures energy. It was almost as if you had become one with nature. I have had this feeling for a long time. In some instances even when I was awake.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
In my opinion it was just your energy coming into the flow of natures energy. It was almost as if you had become one with nature. I have had this feeling for a long time. In some instances even when I was awake.

If you are "one with nature", as you describe it, would you not be able to manipulate nature or bend it to your will?

This is quite interesting, Dreamstone.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Being at one with something doesn't necessarily mean having control over it. It's more akin to "going with the flow" in the parlance of our times. But I do believ that reality can be touched and manipulated, and that this can be achieved through an understanding of the forces between the mind and the world.

This is interesting, I haven't thought in these terms for a while...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Being at one with something doesn't necessarily mean having control over it. It's more akin to "going with the flow" in the parlance of our times. But I do believ that reality can be touched and manipulated, and that this can be achieved through an understanding of the forces between the mind and the world.

Alright, I was just asking.

Perhaps I should try meditating. What is your procedure for doing so?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sorry if it seemed like an attck, ya know I love you Barbarian! Meditation techniques vary, and the one I use is probably not the best for anyone just starting out, its to personalized to me. I'll try to pull up some links for you, and supplement them with what I know

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Sorry if it seemed like an attck, ya know I love you Barbarian! Meditation techniques vary, and the one I use is probably not the best for anyone just starting out, its to personalized to me. I'll try to pull up some links for you, and supplement them with what I know

Oh no, it didn't seem like an attack.

And thank you, I would appreciate that very much.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have done that before and found it very confusing. I don't know what causes it but it is fun. Try doing it again and see what happens.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Probably your brain was so annoyed by meditation that it started to suffer from infinite boredom.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sounds like haragei - ninjas sort of achieve oneness with everything to move around at night. It's a 720 degree thing, very cool. You feel at one with everything.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That sounds interesting, this haragei. maybe elite troops possess it to some extent? It would be interesting to look up

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   

But I do believ that reality can be touched and manipulated, and that this can be achieved through an understanding of the forces between the mind and the world.

This is interesting, I haven't thought in these terms for a while...

I agree, I think that the experience itself as described was experiencing the mind in such a relaxed way that it caused a "slip" among your perceptions of time, touch, smell (all rooms have detectable smells, even if you do not consciously register it), and SIGHT. That must have been a wicked experience. Does it trouble you?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
In regards to meditation techniques a link to a page in my blog, which includes that information, is attached.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In respect to the topic the following is something all of you should see...

www.consciousness.arizona.edu...

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It doesn't trouble me, it does puzzle me. Toltec, Ill look at those sites

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I hadn't thought about the conscious merging with the subconscious.. thats a really good thought. I wonder if the can't of mind merge could be sustained

The question is...would you want it to be sustained? Perhaps the line between the concious and the subconcious is also the fine line between sanity and insanity.

Perhaps that's why the "insane" see things that we do not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join