It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Conspiracy hits South Park

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
South Park called me retarded... and it was hilarious.

May favorite bit was when Bush was admitting to everything, just after he shot the 911truth.org guy in the head, and Kenny kept cocking his head and saying, "Really?" over and over. Too funny.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Right, time to put my Tin Foil Hat on...

Is South Park controlled by the governement? Were they directing people to information which, rather than arousing peoples suspicions, will make them chuckle at the outrageousness of the 'crazies'?

Or was it just 'balance'?

Supposing for a moment that Israel and its supporters had a lot to do with 911.. then look up the term 'sayanim.'

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I saw the episode. It was pretty good. I've never been much of a fan of potty humor, but "chocolate hot dog" is definitely going in my repertoire of allusions to poo. However, I noticed something in this thread that cracks me up more than the episode.

A lot of people here seem to think that South Park is supposed to carry the banner for you. That Trey Parker et al are on some sort of moral crusade to make right what once went wrong, to go where no one has gone before, to stand and deliver, to blah blah...you get the point. Let me burst that little bubble.

They're a satire TV show. They are in business to do two things: Make Money and have fun.

For those of you who think they're controlled by the government, have sold out, have jumped the shark, have betrayed your trust, have failed to deliver the goods on "what really happened", you need to take a few steps back and realize what you're demanding of a cartoon by two social critics designed to cash in on a very jaded and humor-loving demographic. This isn't the news. This isn't some deep inside-reporting or documentary of truthiness. It doesn't even rank up there with The Daily Show as far as facts are concerned.

It's a bloody cartoon designed to get some laughs out of bitter people.

And it usually does a fantastic job of doing exactly just that. So please, don't go thinking that South Park owes anyone anything, except for its sponsers, to whom it owes some air time during broadcasts. If you want depth of meaning, and facts, and actual thought, don't try to get it from a cartoon, and don't be angry when it doesn't deliver.

Spot on! You're getting the Way Above award from me this month mate, and I don't usually vote.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1

May favorite bit was when Bush was admitting to everything, just after he shot the 911truth.org guy in the head, and Kenny kept cocking his head and saying, "Really?" over and over. Too funny.

Sorry to be stickler but it was Kyle. *bangs head on table*
I wish I could avoid the urge to correct people.

Off topic but seeing Billy Piper in your avatar does things to me, things that are probably best left unsaid on a family orientated board.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1

SK, I thought that was classic too. I watched the repeat last night and I laughed even harder than I did the first time. Kyle (hehehehe, not Kenny...no way being mean here) tilting his head dramatically and emphasing REALLY??????, like it was so unbelievable, was my absolute favorite part. Aside from "chocolate hot dog" and "fudge dragon" of course. (side note: Does anyone ever know what the hell Kenny is saying??...ah for another thread I guess.)

For the record, I still cannot decide which episode I liked better the WoW episode or this one. To me they were both hilarious.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The backlash has begun. Starting with Alex Jones' comments.

This episode is saying that Bush was not involved 9/11, that he is incompetent, that it is anti-semitic to say 9/11 is an inside job. This is the text book template being used by Popular Mechanics, Fox News, Scripps-Howard and all the others. They hit every single point spewed by the "debunkers." In Team America, anyone questioning the war is a terrorist, when in truth Michael Moore does in Farenheit 9/11 exactly with Parker and Stone do with this episode: set out to make Bush look like a buffoon.

Jones Report

I dont think he realizes both South Park and Team America were Satirical?

911truth.org, who's name was featured in the show, got a bit more clever by having the first line on the page a welcome to all south park fans, and then various links to documentaries. Clever.

They also just released alittle article.

There's no shortcut to understand the deep politics of official treachery that characterizes our times. South Park wants to ridicule the impulse to a deeper examination of this reality by ascribing ridiculously absolutist beliefs to the members of 911truth.org. It's a cheap trick, and a sure indication they're running out of ideas.

After all, in this episode, they resorted to channeling Beavis and Butthead by spinning out a whole show which was essentially a 30-minute excuse for asking: "How many different alliterative ways can we say "take a sh*t"? (Heh, heh, he said “fudge dragon”!)

911truth.org responds

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

After all, in this episode, they resorted to channeling Beavis and Butthead by spinning out a whole show which was essentially a 30-minute excuse for asking: "How many different alliterative ways can we say "take a sh*t"? (Heh, heh, he said “fudge dragon”!)

911truth.org responds

This surprises them!?!?!? Did they not see the episode where they actually said the s-word almost 200 times? I mean... that's what South Park does...

(oh, and thanks for the WATS vote, John Nada!)

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

911truth.org responds

Originally posted by thelibraThis surprises them!?!?!? Did they not see the episode where they actually said the s-word almost 200 times? I mean... that's what South Park does...

(oh, and thanks for the WATS vote, John Nada!)

Woah. I though that it was fairly unbiased and having a crack at everyone as usual. Why would 911truth take this stance ffs? It was fine and a free advert for anyone interested imo. They need to calm down as it will hurt them more by misinterpreting and being too defensive.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
I'm sure that Israel will not be mentioned in the show at all. Probably they will be doing a left-wing take on the subject saying that it is the republicans and GWB and an inside job.

Dude have you ever watched South Park?

It'll be something like Crab People performed 9/11 and Cartman thinks it was Britney Spears or someting like that.

They wouldn't go ahead and tell people it was an inside job by the government... it's not their style. And knowing a bit about their political background... it's not going to support a conspiracy theory.

And bsbray11,
This thread is about South Park so keep it that way. Save your crap for all the other BS threads.

Give BSB a break here, and South Park isn't scared like that anymore. But I'm sure their parody something besides that. I haven't seen it yet, I'll try to catch it Saturday, and hopefully the "Warcraft" one, too.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Favorite South Park Episodes (in no particular order):

Tom Cruise in the closet

Mell Gibson and “The Passion”

“the Deuce in the Urinal”

The one with Satan, Sadam, and Satan’s new gay lover.

Sally Struthers as Jaba the Hut.

“the brown noise”

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Pure genius, deny any conspiracy at all so that nobody can even get close to the truth, gee sounds like system debunkers to me. If they find 911 to be legit then I assume the rest of their whining is all just B/S then?

Did you even watch the show? I know you probably haven't. Anyway, if you ever watch the making of South Park, their so laid back. They tend to seem to think, everyone is right, and wrong about everything. I don't think they really care about 9/11 and goverment cover ups, as long as people realize the goverment will cover up things like the explosions, and so forth.

[edit on 10-14-2006 by usaforever]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I watched the 3 parts of the episode on South Park. It's actually pretty good, and it's ment to be abigious, so the public can come to it's own conculsions on conspiracy theories and the reality of the events and the aftermath. They just wanted it to be a good story, I guess.

I also voted thelibra WATS too, because I totally agree with him. I just love to watch the satire of the show, and see thier different writing methods, ideas, and parodies. It cheers me up during the week.

[edit on 10-14-2006 by usaforever]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

2. I actually thought the content actually supported the truth movement, even if they were having laughs at their expense. Factoid-after-factoid came out that could (subliminally?) make the viewer consider this particular conspiracy in a different light. Now, whether Parker & Stone intended it to be that way, who knows, but I wouldn't be surprised if it actually made a few more people think twice and ponder this if they haven't already done so before.
3. They made the viewer aware of 'conspiracies within conspiracies' - layers of deception. Again, whether they intended to educate the public in this way isn't the point, chances are they simply aimed to take the mickey out of it all. But the overall message of it, even if they were having a laugh at it all, was "things aren't as they seem".

IMO, the conspiracies within conspiracies were there to show exactly what kind of complicated theories that CT'ers consider to be rational, vs what people were shown and what people witnessed.

Again, they leave the people that were insulted wondering if that's what really happened, while everyone else is laughing hysterically.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I watched it and it was mildly funny, nowhere near their best. Stone and Parker's least funny work is produced when they're trying too hard to make a political or social statement, or trying too hard to mock something they personally dislike - as is the case here in both aspects - and they lose sight of the comedy.

But the funniest thing to come out of it is the obvious fact that some of those who pathologically fight against any calls for reinvestigation of 911 perceive a construction paper animation made by two film school graduates as confirmation and vindication of their opinions.
It's a cartoon, folks.

[edit on 2006-10-16 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
They've made some very humorus episodes, where they ridiculed a stereotype through out the whole episode. The WoW episode was one, and the second that comes to mind is the one with Michael Jackson not being arrested because the police officers didn't want to arrest a white man.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The question is, who pinched off the toilet monkey in the urinal?

M'kay

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I think it was Mr. Mackey. Think about it a minute. He's the only one that seems to have a "beef" with the whole thing. Everyone else just got a kick out of it.

Who else would have a reason to do it? Stan says he did, but maybe Mr. Mackey gave him something that he wanted in exchange for his taking the blame for it.

Makes me think nonetheless.

As for the topic at hand, the story was just one that they have heard endlessly for the past 5 years, and had to dig at. I can't blame them for trying, and I thought it was quite funny. That and the WoW episode were the best 2 that I've seen in a very long time.

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00ner
Again, they leave the people that were insulted wondering if that's what really happened, while everyone else is laughing hysterically.

SHHHHHH

The best part is when Mr. Mackey kept bringing up the urinal deuce in the town meeting about 9/11 and Stan’s dad asks “how do we know they are not related?”

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
SHHHHHH

The best part is when Mr. Mackey kept bringing up the urinal deuce in the town meeting about 9/11 and Stan’s dad asks “how do we know they are not related?”

"We have to be brave enough to ask questionnnnnnssssss!"

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
They've made some very humorus episodes, where they ridiculed a stereotype through out the whole episode. The WoW episode was one, and the second that comes to mind is the one with Michael Jackson not being arrested because the police officers didn't want to arrest a white man.

They didn't arrest him because Michael decides to give away all his money and try to be a "normal" dad. The cops say "no need arresting him now, no sence in putting a poor black man in prison".

It was mocking the fact that some people think the police have nothing better to do but think of ways to arrest rich black people (like Colbe Bryant).

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join