It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Conspiracy hits South Park

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.southparkstudios.com...

Mystery of the Urinal Deuce

Original air Date: 2006-10-11
The world’s biggest conspiracy of all time will finally be uncovered when Eric Cartman exposes the true culprit behind the September 11th attacks. An attempted assassination in South Park means no one is safe from the people who are the real brains behind the 9/11 conspiracy. When Kyle and Stan hit the road in search of the truth, they come face-to-face with the masterminds who pulled off the most elaborate, intricate and flawlessly executed operation in American history.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am really looking forward to this

The guys who create South Park are great with their sense of humor. Unfortunately for the CT'ers you are about to get slammed by two comedy geniuses.

Could do alot of damage to the movement in my opinion.

EDIT:
IF the writters decide to pass off 9/11 theorists as insane (which they might not do.. but have a history of doing), everyone who watches South Park will follow suit.

[edit on 9/10/2006 by doctorfungi]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If you're right, Fungi, it would just go to show how stupid everyone that watches South Park is, to think they would actually present a fair case for anything and be conclusive.

Originally posted by doctorfungi
Unfortunately for the CT'ers

Maybe you can be the first to tell me what "CT'er" means.

"Conspiracy theory'er"? "Conspiracy theorist'er"?

Got some real intellectuals on here, don't we?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
If you're right, Fungi, it would just go to show how stupid everyone that watches South Park is, to think they would actually present a fair case for anything and be conclusive.

Unfortunately for the CT'ers

Well I use to really like SP until the humor got a little too exaggerated, but no matter what was being spoofed I never took it seriously, hopefully there are more like me who still watch the show and won't run with the idea that 9/11 CT's are a joke.

As far as the use of "CT'er" is concerned though, I'm sure you've seen it used before BSB, no need to get confrontational about it. It's like how Baseball people say RBI's when in reality that's like saying "Run's Batted In's", has nothing to do with someones intelligence, it's just the way they choose to shorten a phrase.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

As far as the use of "CT'er" is concerned though, I'm sure you've seen it used before BSB, no need to get confrontational about it. It's like how Baseball people say RBI's when in reality that's like saying "Run's Batted In's", has nothing to do with someones intelligence, it's just the way they choose to shorten a phrase

seems like a poor cheap shot to me.

IF the writters decide to pass off 9/11 theorists as insane (which they might not do.. but have a history of doing), everyone who watches South Park will follow suit.

anyway to my point I get what you mean by this, though I think it is likely to sway people who dont already have an opinion or are "on the fence" it wont deter the people that see the official 9/11 view as a lie.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Lighten up mate it's used all over these boards. CTist just isn't common phrase around here so I'm not going to start it.

Did you see the way they took down the World of Warcraft players last week? Same thing will happen to the 9/11 theorists.

Most people often don't see how they are acting until someone shows it to them on South Park

Also knowing the South Park style, the kids at the end will clearly explain the logic error in the issue being raised. The main thing that 9/11 CTists (
) are having troubles with is the logic issues around the theory. Parker and Stone will eat this up. And I agree with you, people are going to follow suit without hearing both sides of the story.

But if they are like me they've been studying both sides for 3 years and the actions of South Park will just re-affirm their stance on the 9/11 issue.

But hey... they might swing the other way. But I do doubt that considering Matt Stone is a republican and Trey Parker is a Libertarian. Penn and Teller have the same political views as Trey, they are both Libertarian. And we all know what Penn and Teller did to some famous CT'ers.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Lighten up mate it's used all over these boards.

I know. I don't mean to pick on you in particular, but I can tell you right now that it's being used very predominantly only by those who believe the official conspiracy theory. The fact that it's popular among you does not at all surprise me. It just annoys me to see it, because it categorizes everyone who thinks 9/11 was an inside job with negative connotations, and does so while making no sense whatsoever as a contraction. Whoever first came up with it was a smart one, that's all I'm saying.

Unless South Park is redacting the NIST or FEMA reports, I really don't care what they have to say, and no serious researcher will. That's what it ultimately comes down to.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The serious researchers will not care, true.

But the credibility of the serious researches is as good as gone. Therefore destroying the credibility of anything they come up with. THAT is what it ultimatley comes down to.

I'm not saying that's a good thing.. I'm just describing the effects of South Park.

I use the term Conspiracy Theorist because at it's current stage, the 9/11 theory is a conspiracy. It hasn't been proven on solid evidence and the 'evidence' provided is of a conspiracy nature. Not to mention the fact that it would not hold up in any formal law court.

Let's just wait and see the episode.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wow,
all i can think about is how funny this is going to be,Remember when they took the Terry Snido thing to a whole new level ,hell they went as far as to change my mind,
Well you can guess that Klye (the liberal) is going to be all "it was geroge bushes fault"

TRw

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I use the term Conspiracy Theorist because at it's current stage, the 9/11 theory is a conspiracy. It hasn't been proven on solid evidence and the 'evidence' provided is of a conspiracy nature. Not to mention the fact that it would not hold up in any formal law court.

Same goes for the official conspiracy theory, especially the one implicating Osama bin Laden, as the FBI apparently doesn't even feel as though it has enough evidence on him to even indict him, let alone convict him, despite indicting him in the past for several other events.

Whether or not the rest would hold up in court is an open question, as so far, all cases brought against the government over 9/11 have been prevented for going forward on reasons of national secrets. No joke.

Whisteblower Sibel Edmonds tried to take the feds to court for ignoring prior warnings.

Edmonds challenged her retaliatory dismissal by filing suit in federal court. Last July, the district court dismissed her case when Attorney General John Ashcroft invoked the so-called state secrets privilege. In legal papers, the ACLU has sharply criticized the government's radical theory that every aspect of the Edmonds case involves state secrets and therefore it cannot go forward.

Source

William Rodriguez also filed a case for numerous things, including controlled demolition of the Towers and the resulting gag orders. He was the guy that had friends blown up by explosions in the basement of WTC1 during a plane impact. He filed his case in early 2004 I think, and nothing has come of it either.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If you watch Season 9, Episode 9 there is a clever line about terrorism:

Stan: We risked everything to get it from the girls. How long before the girls attack us to get it back?

Clyde: Yeah. Forget about the girls, what about if the CIA or, or the Russians know we have this? They'll come after it for sure.

Craig: Maybe we should take it to someplace safer.

Stan: And then what? Hide forever from the government? From the... terrorists who want to use it for evil? Maybe... maybe nobody is meant to have this kind of power.

I always took this to mean the government are 'the terrorists who want to use it for evil' but those who don't know any better would think its two separate things. Brilliant writing

[edit on 9-10-2006 by freakyty]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
If you watch Season 9, Episode 9 there is a clever line about terrorism:

Stan: We risked everything to get it from the girls. How long before the girls attack us to get it back?

Clyde: Yeah. Forget about the girls, what about if the CIA or, or the Russians know we have this? They'll come after it for sure.

Craig: Maybe we should take it to someplace safer.

Stan: And then what? Hide forever from the government? From the... terrorists who want to use it for evil? Maybe... maybe nobody is meant to have this kind of power.

I always took this to mean the government are 'the terrorists who want to use it for evil' but those who don't know any better would think its two separate things. Brilliant writing

[edit on 9-10-2006 by freakyty]

What they are saying is that both can be equally wrong and how people can just get caught between the two parties.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Lighten up mate it's used all over these boards. CTist just isn't common phrase around here so I'm not going to start it.

Did you see the way they took down the World of Warcraft players last week? Same thing will happen to the 9/11 theorists.

Most people often don't see how they are acting until someone shows it to them on South Park

Also knowing the South Park style, the kids at the end will clearly explain the logic error in the issue being raised. The main thing that 9/11 CTists (
) are having troubles with is the logic issues around the theory. Parker and Stone will eat this up. And I agree with you, people are going to follow suit without hearing both sides of the story.

But if they are like me they've been studying both sides for 3 years and the actions of South Park will just re-affirm their stance on the 9/11 issue.

But hey... they might swing the other way. But I do doubt that considering Matt Stone is a republican and Trey Parker is a Libertarian. Penn and Teller have the same political views as Trey, they are both Libertarian. And we all know what Penn and Teller did to some famous CT'ers.

The way I see it is that the leigitmate CTers will find this very funny. It's the people who are just posers who will be offended by it. Thats beause for some people it attacks them personally since they use CT issues to justify their personal existence an purpose in life. Where as real CTers jsut want to get to the bottom of things and find answers and not use conspiracies to compensate for things missing in their lives. Those ones are usually the ones that make real CTers look bad by bringing up these insane baseless theories. Probably fed to them as misinformation to discredit the real Cters.

I don't know if it could possibly by funnier than the WoW episode, but I can't wait to see it. It amazes me how after all these years those guys can still be fresh. And one thing they are good about is taking a situation where there are two sides of the arguments and showing how both sides are acting like idiots. So I would imagine that they will also be making fun of the government and die hard Bushies as they will extreme Cters.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm sure that Israel will not be mentioned in the show at all. Probably they will be doing a left-wing take on the subject saying that it is the republicans and GWB and an inside job.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Probably they will be doing a left-wing take on the subject saying that it is the republicans and GWB and an inside job.

I doubt it. From a clip I just saw, Cartman was the one arguing the "truth behind the 9/11 attacks", and he's usually the antagonist, so I can only imagine.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Speaks a lot when you have really crude outragoues cartoons speaking the truth, especially when the government finds it so hard to do.

While I dont think they will solve the conspiracy, It will start a snowball of TV shows depicting the fact that this government HASNT in there own admission, told you everything.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm sure that Israel will not be mentioned in the show at all. Probably they will be doing a left-wing take on the subject saying that it is the republicans and GWB and an inside job.

Dude have you ever watched South Park?

It'll be something like Crab People performed 9/11 and Cartman thinks it was Britney Spears or someting like that.

They wouldn't go ahead and tell people it was an inside job by the government... it's not their style. And knowing a bit about their political background... it's not going to support a conspiracy theory.

And bsbray11,
This thread is about South Park so keep it that way. Save your crap for all the other BS threads.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Lol Kyles one liner from the preview sums up my thoughts on the whole 9/11 thing:

Cartman: For show and tell today, I have brought... a shocking powerpoint report, on the truth of the 9/11 attacks

Kyle: Oh Christ...

Watch Here

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

And bsbray11,
This thread is about South Park so keep it that way. Save your crap for all the other BS threads.

Hmmm I didn't know Cartman wasn't from southpark..

Next on the list, I don't know if you caught this but this has to do with the 9/11 conspiracy also.

before you try and flame someone get your facts straight, cause you are wearing thin.

[edit on 10/9/2006 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 10/9/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Dude have you ever watched South Park?

They wouldn't go ahead and tell people it was an inside job by the government... it's not their style. And knowing a bit about their political background... it's not going to support a conspiracy theory.

My comment was based on who the people are that created the program and their likely political agenda. They won't be telling the truth either way I'm sure and on that we would agree.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join