It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Investigative Reporter Assassinated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Moscow prosecutors have released video footage of Russian reporter, Anna Politkovskaya, 48, being assassinated by a possible contract killer. The investigative reporter was found dead in the elevator at her appartment building, with a pistol by her side. Anna was a respected reporter and won numerous international awards for her reporting on Russian atrocities in Chechnya. They are definate that her murder was connected to her work.

www.upi.com
MOSCOW, Oct. 9 (UPI) -- Prosecutors in Moscow have released a video of the suspected contract killer in the slaying of journalist Anna Politkovskaya.

Politkovskaya, 48, won numerous international awards for her reporting on Russian atrocities in Chechnya. She was a harsh critic of the administration of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Investigators and journalists said they are certain Politkovskaya's death is connected to her work. Her newspaper was preparing an investigative piece Sunday about kidnappings linked to the forces of Chechnya's Russian-backed Prime Minister Ramzan Kadyrov.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Quite the conspiracy here. They are pretty much positive it was an assassination and it was connected directly to her work. What was she working on? The article says she's very harsh on Putin, could she have discovered something about him? What would cause her to be assassinated, and who contracted the kill?

1 Million dollars is out for anybody that can give information about the murder.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
She was about to publish an article today about torture in Chechnya. She was murdered on Putin's birthday. There's an atsnn thread here: Russian Reporter Murdered

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Very intersting. One thing that came to my mind though is how ridiculously poor the assasination was carried out. A pistol left by her side? All though this is the only thing that I can find wrong with this i'm sure more things will float up later. All i'm saying is this was in no way an assasination by the Russian goverment since they're not stupid to do this on Putin's birthday and to leave the firearm at the scene of the crime.

join