It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China Trying to Fool the West?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't think China is faking its fear of a nuclear NK.

A nuclear NK would lead to a nuclear Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, etc. just for their own protection, a situation China certainly doesn't want.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestro46
Look here man, what makes you think Japan is gonna want to have nukes? lol, first of all they don't have an army (i'm not saying they don't have soldiers, you know well what i'm talking about), second they have the US protecting them. Personally I would not think Taiwan would even consider a nuclear weapons program for a while, they just would not be up to the pressure they would face (unlike NK), but that's just an opinion.

Yeah,I heard a blurb on the radio this morning that "Japan said thanks but no thanks to an armament deal" offered by either the U.S or United Nations.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Weather China is faking or not no one is sure yet. I'll just say this; true that they might not want a maniac with nukes too BUT - being the only supplier of food and oil to NK Kim didn't seem to take long to decide to go on with the test despite china's warnings. And only warned them 20 mins befor the test. There's something KGBish to this if you catch my drift.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by maestro46]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
America is in the state where at any major threat of Nuclear Arms usage they can and will by the Nuclear Arms agreement by the UN Security Council(Don't know the date by it basically said if you Use a Nuke we'll all Nuke you) So, if NK becomes a threat the US Military and/or NATO will become involved. Period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join