Libertarianism ? What do you Think About it ?

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Im inclined to favor their agenda as opposed to
Repugnants or Democrazies

But seriously .....what do you think ?
I find some positions go to far .. conservative for me
But I agree with a majority of the views presented
I think a system like this with a minimalist social programs is the wave of the Future in a Free Society

First Take this test
www.self-gov.org...
then Read about it here
www.lp.org...
www.libertarian.org...
I love this Guy He can be a real Ass but he makes some good points
boortz.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I would be a liberatarian if they I didn't feel like they would leave the helpless to fend for themselves and if I thought they had an icecubes chance in hell of WINNING anything.

While the latter point is a catch22 (they'll never win if we don't vote for them because we think they'll lose), the former is a real concern I have about their agenda.

I 100% AGREE with their tenents with respect to the "able bodied" and able minded. DO for YOURSELF and leave me ALONE, BUT that doesn't work for all of society. We have MANY unfortunates who simply can't fend for themselves.

I also like the "Government has NO SAY in the PERSONAL lives of its constituents" bit ALOT.

If someone wants to do drugs LET THEM, if they hurt anybody else while doing them LOCK THEM UP. Tax the dope to pay for helping the unfortunates and build nice new roads with the money you SAVE form NOT paying all the cops and government agencies that make up the BULL# war on drugs.

There is a LOT that I like in the Liberatarian Platform, alot MORE than EITHER the Democrats OR the Rublicans have to offer...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
"they would leave the helpless to fend for themselves "
This is may greatest concern too..
Im a little to the left myself.....

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
Im inclined to favor their agenda as opposed to
Repugnants or Democrazies

But seriously .....what do you think ?
I find some positions go to far .. conservative for me
But I agree with a majority of the views presented
I think a system like this with a minimalist social programs is the wave of the Future in a Free Society
~~~+++~~~

its a better platform than the christian-neo-con that is threatning to steamroll this/our republic
...last time i went for Nader(greens) instead of Liberts
...iffen i could muster filing fees, i'd run locally as libertarian, ---> the good ole boys round hear seated bud long & john jenrette, so i'd have a chance
+++++

First Take this test
www.self-gov.org...
then Read about it here
www.lp.org...
www.libertarian.org...
I love this Guy He can be a real Ass but he makes some good points
boortz.com...

++++~~~~++++

sorry, its not about altruism or idealistic jimmy stewart
movies any more... get me 5 years in congress & i'll be eligible for the GOLDEN PARACHUTE pension & health care......(AND possible subterranian living in the 'governing body' compound)

s/ riffraff......eom

new topics

join