It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet to Hit Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
A large comet detected by Russian astronomer Nikolai Fedorovsky is on a collision course with Earth, and is due to hit before the end of the month.

pravda.us
The impact will cause devastating tsunamis, earthquakes and avalanches, says Fedorovsky. He saw the killer comet in a telescope two weeks ago. He managed to calculate the comet’s trajectory.

“I’m not trying to scare anybody, I just want to warn the public,” sums up Fedorovsky. “We should pay attention to this suspicious celestial body. We could obtain more accurate calculations if other astronomers join forces. We could also photograph it if we’re in luck. We will probably partake in one of the greatest events in the history of humankind,” adds he.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

At the end, it states that a lot of scientists say that Fedorovsky's report is either a mistake or an exaggeration, and I really hope it is. As you said Imp, probably just Pravda rattling on about their scientists detecting things before everyone else. Not that they've ever done anything like that before . . .

I don't think we'll be getting too many nukes up there to blast it away before the end of the month, so if that thing is indeed going to hit earth, I think we'll probably get to see what it was like when Kennedy announced that there were Soviet missiles on Cuba. I suppose people will even start stocking up on the spam.

Thanks to DG for starting a thread on this.

There are no additional news stories on this I can find. I'll be surprised if this makes the mainstream media if NASA doesn't start sniffing around.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Giant comet may collide with Earth late October

join