It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do u think the repocusions will be after what NK has done??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hey there all i hope u r all well.

I was just wandering about something as i came home and switched on the news to hear about NK detonating that nuke.
What i am wondering is , what will happen now??
War?
or something else.
I would like to hear your thoughts on this subject as i feel that if something were to happen because of this and it happend on a big scale i think it would affect us all .

So what are your thoughts?????

Respects allways

Omega

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I don't think anything will happen that us average joe's will know about. Sure, North Korea now have nuclear capabilities, but you have to remember, there are far worse weapons than a nuclear bomb.

My thinking is that North Korea now believe that they can stand up against the US, but in reality, they can't.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
business as usual,nothing gonna happen any time soon.

NK's kim is a bastard but not a silly guy.
He has got international community's possible reaction before this test by asking:"i am gonna test a nuke bomb,what will you react?"

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I really don't see ANYTHING happening to tell you the truth. Condemnation, twiddling thumbs, talking about sanctions...that should be it.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
hmm interesting.

I thought i heared on the news that condolina rice said something about what would happen if NK did go forward with things .
I will try to locate this info.
That guy from NK is a odd one.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There wont be any repocusions this whole thing is just a non story. Everyone already knew North Korea was a nuclear force they have made no secret of it the only thing newsworthy about this test is like their attempted ICBM test it was an utter failure. 4kt is really nothing at all and can only be interpreted
as a failed test.

The more North Korea tests the more convinced I am they are not a threat at all Kim has a big mouth but it seems his toys dont work I have no doubt at all North Korea would be utterly helpless against the might of the US.

Maybe we should invade them anyways just to set an example to china but on their own North Korea just are not worth worrying about.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by Shamanator]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
NOthing of any substance will happen. Sanctions. Finger waving. Statements of condemnation. Nothing meaningful --- as usual. Keep in mind though, there is a huge difference between NK successfully popping-off a test nuke and them actually building a deliverable weapon. The engineering required to build a practical and reliable weapon is quite daunting.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It's Bush's actions that are going to be closely watched by everyone in the world.
According to his track record, this should mean war.
NK now has weapons of mass destruction and have probably killed as many of their own citizens as Sadam ever did.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I agree with everyone else. I think a lot political B.S. with bew played out. Nothing of real substance. Just about every nation has condemed them for anouncing their intentions for a nuke test, although we have not heard a lot from Russia. Or at least I havent. Does anyone know what their stance is on the N.K. nuke test

CX

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well Bush has spoken, albeit briefly and the UN are saying that a resolution will be passed this afternoon.

Bush's statement on NK nuke test

Not suprisingly Bush suggests playing this one diplomaticaly rather than storm in like Iraq, and whilst many will be slagging him and the UN off for this approach, a Sky news reporter just made a good point.

NK has much artillery positions dug in throughout parts of NK which cannot all be bombed at once should it come to military intervention. If these were to be unleashed they have put the figures at hundreds of thousands dead in neighbouring S. Korea.

Not good either way.

CX.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Bush was quick to link the DPRK into supplying Syria and Iran.

Questions - why has there be no attempts at interception of these transits of materials Bush speaks of?

Following the DPRK issue of its nuclear capability now.

Questions.

This has gone on for 9 years the DPRK have been quite clear at the intention to achieve the bomb.

So - why was nothing done? Why have sanctions etc failed to allow continued supply of the goods and resource to build this capability?

9 years and more - and nothing has been done? So that begs the idea why has it been permitted

The US cannot attack the North now without risking Seoul being vapourised. Or is that what is being sought? A nuclear incident? A false flag perhaps to promote the will for a 3rd world war to secure the remnants of the middle east?

North Korea however have something very effective to consider.

Let say the have anything from 5 to 25 warheads.

Its obvious they cant successfully launch against the US. They could hurt south korea.

But imagine - consider the global position of North Korea. Consider one missile hitting every major financial district of the major cities in the east.

Look at the stock market ripples caused by the ttrade centres dropping. Now consider entire financial districts. Consider what is in them. CEOs MDs, databanks, records of ownership, contracts, legal documentation, insurance records, and above all money.

Just 5 of those areas being wasted in one day would cause a massive global knock on effect. Of course the DPRK would still lose and be hurt. But if ever faced with this would you strike out small - or strike out big ?

The diplomatic tennis has began - Advantage DPRK

top topics

join