It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll reveals Americans want Democrat Congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Should they win, and the people dont agree.

Is there really anything we can do anyway?

and if there's not..

whats the point?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well I prefer Democrats at this time because I grow a little weary of the conservative/republican bull about industry, agriculture, and individuals as pioneers weathering the storm all alone and getting there thru self effort, when the US has one of the biggest industry/agriculture welfare states in the world and certain individuals seem to be able wallow up to the subsidy trough when ever they want. It's just the average taxpayer who can't seem to get any benefit from a Republican gov't. Now the Republicans want to tear your citizenship rights and any benefit for education, healthcare, and retirement. This is of course after paying all your life for the hope of a taste of at least some small return on your investment in the US.

Go figure!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
These polls are lame.

Think about who is responding in these polls. Do you believe that the people running society have the time to sit down and answer questions for an hour over the phone? Plus, they often poll during times that productive members of society are at work.

Who answers these polls? Senior citizens, housewives and the un employed. Now I am sure that many of them also vote, but they are not a representative sample of society nor do they contribute much to campaigns. They also hold little political power. Polls are useless. Democrats win polls, Republicans win elections.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Democrats and republicans are the same thing anyway. It won't make a change. Also, Bush have the veto power, so it keeps him, our great leader, in power. The 2008 elections, if there's one, will change nothing even if democrats are elected, time will prove me right.

What we need, is an election were both parties are kicked out and a third party full of good people enter the white house and jail the traitors who are in power right now.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The president and all Republicans in Washington seem very possitive of a win by the Republicans.

The Dean and all Democrats in Washington seem very positive of a win by the Democrats...I wonder what they have up their sleeves, who they're going to try to out as gay, what other smear campaigns they have planned, or if they're just going to try to lead a revolution.

Too much confidence exhibited by the Democrats in Washington today convinces me they're living on another planet.

Certainly its not just the KosKids and MoveOn.org they're counting on???

[edit on 10/18/06/18 by junglejake]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
La ,la , la , la...

You don't think Swift-boats-bull was a smear campaign

That goes on all the time. the Republicans don't need the Dems to smear them they've smeared themselves with social insecurity,Sandwar II, now Flu-bub Afganistan, wishy-washy airhead George who is on an alcoholic binge most of the time. economy to most Americans was the price of gasoline and they are too late to change people's minds about that.

I kinda hope the Republicans are history for now.

[edit on 10/19/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I think the Majority of Americans are tired of the fact that the Republican party distains natural born citizens and welcomes illegals with open arms.

I think the Majority of Americans are exhausted by the inability of the Republicans to come up with a viable energy policy when they control both houses and the Presidency.

I think the Majority of Americans are not "OK" with torture!

I think the Majority of Americans feel the Republican Congress is cutting back on education while villifiing their fellow American's education and allowing cheap skilled labor (from unheard of mish-mash colleges) to flood this country.

I think the Majority of Americans do not accept the fact that the Republican gov't thinks it's "OK" to subsidize the relocating of jobs overseas while bashing Americans as unproductive.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I see it this way, People wants change they want whatever is in congress that can be changed be done.

But change for what , the choices we got, and the control in our nation of the two elite in power parties is not choices.

So people will vote for the next available choice, because is not other choices .

You think we the people are the winners? . . . no a fat chance we have been duped and we have been deceived.

Is not choices and the only winners if the two parties that controls our political system.

Pity.

People wants Democrats, people wants Republicans is not difference get it they are all one and the same.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think the majority are against the North American Union.

I think the majority are against another war against Iran.

I think the majority are against the soaring of the constitution for an illusion of safety.

I think the majority are against the crimes this administration as comitted.

I think the majority are against the Iraq war and how is it handelled.

I think the majority are against the biggest spending in history by a president.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Vitchilo you hit the nail on the spot

People wants changes to our nation, people want polices that are beneficial to our nation and us.

But this is not done unless is some kind of change and people has been fed that only changing political parties they will get what they want.

But the truth is that is not so.

Just one party taking over the other, and the same BS will keep flying.

This what our nation has become, politicians will be elected new faces that are not so new will grace us in congress and for what.

So they can keep serving the same big interest that pay their way to get them in the seats that they will be occupying for the next term.

Until the people gets feed up and want changes again.

And still they don't get it. Is not what we want anymore.

I tell you this if American stay home and none will go and vote, somebody will get the point but right now as long as some vote is always going to be a winner and that winner is not us.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

People are defintly tired of all this ``democracy`` that isn't one. It's not a democracy nor a republic when the corporations own the FED and the two ``parties``. It's utter crap.

This country need a big peaceful change soon, because the longer the people will wait, in the next 4 years, it will be either enslavment either revolution/civil war. The elites are gearing up since 9/11 to a big police state/fascism... some intellectuals are even lefting the country, some others thinks real serious about it... Sorry, but i don't want to live into a fascist country, and if there's not any uprising or change soon, i'll left and go to south america.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I also want change, but as some of you are saying, for what? The way I see it, is the Democrats can't do any worse, and will act to balance out the power. If the majority in one or both houses changes, I would not expect much to get done in the next two years.

This may be a good time to work on the root of all of the problems. In my opinion, the biggest problem in Washington is lobbies. There are 30,000 lobbyists in Washington, 65 for every congressman. They are writing the bills and fixing everything in their favor. This needs to stop before anything else can be fixed. The politicians have talked about lobby reform, and the Dem's are now promising that it will be a high priority if they become the majority. If they achieve lobby reform and nothing else over the next two years, it will be worth it.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I personally think this is a good thing.

The Republicans have screwed us over and have made many laws I disagree with. I prefer more liberal minded people.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I guess what Americans want Americans get!

Isn't life wonderful!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
None of us are CEO's at Boeing.

None of us are shareholders of Lockheed Martin.

Why do some of us pretend to be for the big guns and big corporations when in fact some of us are just middle class working people?

I think lots of people live in fantasy worlds. Here's people rooting for Bush and the big corporations who are driving a cab.

Can anyone make sense of that for me?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well people root for sports teams who will never play in a major league game.

I find some who say they are for Bush just want to say they are on the winning side.

Now they will say they were really Democrats, all along.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join