It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Forces moving towards NK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Japan is using T-4 trainers to detect nuclear material. It is a good choice, because it can carry the pods being used and cannot be mistaken as a military threat.

Japan deployed 3 warships and 1 auxillery over the weekend. Other than that, for the most part the fleets are in port, although it was interesting there were JMSDF submarines anchored off the USS Kitty Hawk yesterday.

BTW, this was also a major topic in the 7th fleet today. I'd be very curious if someone in ATS could provide insight.

As of Wednesday, all was still quiet, and the most important ship in the region besides the USS Kitty Hawk, namely the USS Shiloh is still in port. If it deploys, it will be worth watching.

Also as I noted in another thread, the USS Paul Hamilton has been added as a 3rd DDG to the Stennis Strike Group. The Hamilton is also a BMD AEGIS warship. The Stennis Strike Group is currently doing workups for its scheduled deployment early next year.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Japan does not have an army and cannot function in war, look up there constitution.

I was in the Army and i was stationed in Japan for three years.

YES, Japan has an Army. But it is a 'Japanese Ground Self Defense Force'. It is very small and very limited. They had 'troops' where I was stationed - at Camp Zama Japan.

They kind of reminded me of the National Guard here in the USA.

Their constitution and laws only allow for a certain amount of money to be spent on self defense so they can't 'build up' again - like they did pre WWII.

And no nukes allowed. period. They (allegedly) don't even allow our nuclear subs to dock in Japan for repairs or refueling.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join