It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a modest request for emotional support

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Dear The Parallelogram.

I am more of a reader of these forums than an active poster, but I feel compelled to try and write something comforting words to you.

I am truly sorry about the loss of your father, and I have a good idea of what you are going trough as I lost a close family member to an illness about six months ago.

It is when sad things like this happen that you realize how precious our loved ones are, as we usually taking them for granted in our everyday life.
I found it helped to think about the good times we spent together and that helped in lessening the grief somewhat. I hope the same thing happens to you and the family, as remembering him as he was during his final days will only make you feel sad.

I hope you don’t mind me sharing with you one of my favourite poems, one that I read at the funeral service six months ago. It is written by Christina Georgina Rossetti. It is a poem that has given me a lot of comfort.

I extend to you my best wishes for the future.

Warmest regards from Hoff.

Remember

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.

Christina Georgina Rossetti

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Lot's of support for you here parralelogram.
God bless you.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hey, I truly feel for you. I'm only 19 and my parents are both a little older than 45. I don't know how I'd be feeling if I lost them, probably angry, sad, hopeless, and just really confused. I can't understand what it feels like to lose a parent, and I hope to never find out, so I offer my condolences to you. I hope you feel better and good luck recovering from such a traumatic experience.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
hi guys... i'm back from New York... the funeral went well, i suppose, as such things go.

i just wanted to let you all know i haven't jumped ship or anything. just been away from the computer and out of sorts for a few days.

my family and i would like to thank all of you for your thoughtful comments and U2Us; i have shared their contents (where appropriate) with my mother and sister and both were as touched as i am.

thanks again, everybody; your thoughts mean more to me than you might believe.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Glad to see you back TP!

I hope you and your family are doing well.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join