It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a modest request for emotional support

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
thank you so much, everyone, for your continued support, and for the thoughts you have sent to my family and i here or via u2u.

my family is coping one day at a time. at this point i am more concerned for my mother and my sister than i am for myself... i will be postponing college until things around here have returned to some degree of normalcy, and of course i might not be around ATS much for a while, but i will continue to stop in whenever i feel i need some of the vast outpouring of support available to me here.

thank you all so much for your concern. my family sends their sincere thanks that we have been in your thoughts during this difficult time.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I wish you and your family the best in these trying times

[edit on 10/11/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I just caught up with the sad news. I am very sorry for your tragic loss.
I know that mere words can never ease the pain or the loss that you and your family are feeling. Nevertheless, please accept my sincere condolences. You are all in my prayers tonight. God Bless you all.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
My prayers are with you and your family. I pray that peace will come to you soon. Losing a parent, especially one so young, is especially difficult. No words can express the pain.

Hugs from Mahree

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Good luck and Godspeed.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't come by as often as I used to so I just read this today -- I am so sorry to hear about your father -- I lost my mom at the same age as your dad was -- it is such a shock. Take it day by day and know that caring thoughts are coming your way from me too.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I really offer you my support TP. I know that it hurts and that you are actually very brave in putting your family before you (when my dad died I could've cared less how they felt).

Just keep taking it day by day and remember that wherever he is, he will be watching you and your family and ensuring that they are safe.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am sorry for your loss,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

[edit on 10/12/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am sorry for your loss parallelogram, and my sympathies to you and your family. My thoughts are with you.

- sofi

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm really sorry to hear this
I wish you the best for your family.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by Striker122]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Just caught this thread...

It's been said a bunch already, I'm truly sorry for your loss.
Be strong, remember your father during happier times, and let the several pages of this thread remind you that you're not alone.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Parallelogram, my heart goes out to you. Just let yourself feel whatever comes up and talk about it if you feel OK doing so.

Being adopted and in touch with my birth family, I have now had the unique opportunity of burying two fathers, both several years ago. I still miss them terribly, but somehow they're still with me in a way. Now we're on a death watch for my mother, who has Alzheimer's and is in a rest home. Give yourself time to heal, you'll probably have alot of feelings come up, but that's real normal. And if you're standing in line at the grocery store and suddenly burst into tears, well just know others have done that, too, and it's really OK.

Don't know if this would help, but you may want to try setting aside 30 min. or so each day at the same time, to write in a journal, sob uncontrollably or whatever helps you deal with the grief. I did this and found that it helped me to contain my feelings enough to get through the day and be strong for my family.
I will be praying for your and your family. U2U if you need to talk. I've worked as a grief counselor and would be happy to listen.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My thoughts are with you. stay strong!

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hi TP,
I wish to join the others here, who hold you in their thoughts, say a word for you in their prayers, and extend a helping hand from all corners of the world...I offer my wish for strength, peace, love and light

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just saw this thread. You have my heartfelt condolences. The thoughts and prayers of me and mine go out to you and yours.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Losing a parent is the worst thing in life to go thru. I lost both of mine and I am here to tell you it is not easy. Just remember the good times when you think of him and not the days he was sick. Time will ease the pain but you will always have empty space in your life without him. But he would want you to go on for sure!

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm very sorry for your loss, and i hope that you and your family will be well and that you find strength to cope. I lost my dad when i was young and it was a terrible void in my life. I am truly sorry,
You are in my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Like others have said before me, I am sad to hear of your loss TP. My healing energies go out to you and your family in your time of sorrow.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm sorry about your loss man,

ill pray for you and your family

god bless

[edit on 15/10/0606 by Korsyn01]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I can fully understand what you are going through having lost my mother
at a young age.
Sorry for your troubles mate, my prayers are with you and your family.
This is an unfortunate part of life that we all have to deal with at some time,
and its never easy but time can be a healer.
Keep strong.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join