It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.S: ATS Review 4: Happy Birthday Simon, and more!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

PODcast: ATS Review 4: Happy Birthday Simon, and more!
The anguish is over as we finally wrapped up our 4th ATS Review with a look at our September site traffic stats, a look at some of the most popular threads on ATS right now, clips from some new ATS podcasts, Springer talks about John Lear, and The SkepticOverlord talks about 9/11.

length: 43:37
file: atsspod_1935.mp3
size: 15336k
feed: atss

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Finally, another long awaited Podcast review, tank the stars. Thank you for helping me procrastinate my homework. keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
For some reason I'm only getting the first 30 seconds of the podcast.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Those personal segments were great guys!

This whole John Lear "phenomena" is certainly interesting.

Oh! and Skeptic Overlord

Welcome to the Club!!!

Speaking of the events of September 2001, do you guys think people demanding answers will eventually win the day by raising awareness and effecting change or will we become targeted as insurgents and "enemy combatants" under an encroaching police state?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The review was excellent gentlemen...!

I have to say that hearing what domains (and the numbers) visiting is one of my favorite segments. The 9/11 segment was very interesting and so am going to check it
out after this post. The Zed Show's little humorous intro continues to crack me up everytime I listen to it...

Congrats Again on a fine show!

And belated birthday wishes to Mr. Gray...!

[edit on 9-10-2006 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments.

We've been having some tremendous technical problems that are primarily my doing... because I despise post-production.

The goal is for a 100% live work-flow, and that's essentially what has been happening for all our shows. All the mixing of the music, bumpers, and podcast playback you hear is happening in realtime as we're talking, and Springer is able to hear it all through Skype.

Over the past several days, we've been trying to integrate more audio form more sources into the shows, and required trying to "hijack" the audio from my sound cart program, iTunes, QuickTime, and web browser, while recording it all live. Well... we had some memory buffer capacity issues, and outright software errors midstream in our last two attempts.

I think we're close to nailing it this time, except my mic gain was a bit low (sheesh)... and Springer came in booming on Skype last night. Next time, always next time.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
except my mic gain was a bit low (sheesh)... and Springer came in booming on Skype last night. Next time, always next time.

Noticed it was a bit lower than normal ... no big deal. I kept expecting you to bump it up or for Springer to mention it, but he was too busy booming over the very clear Skype connection.

It was an Excellent podcast, nonetheless.

Can't wait for the next episode, the content is sure to be "nucular"

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have't listened to it yet, BUT if I was "booming" and clear then S.O. certainly got something RIGHT in those settings, the one "unprofessional" part of our show has always been how poor the audio quality of my voice is over Skype.

I was going to say something about your mic gain but I just figured it was Skype, next time...

Gonna have a listen now...

Listening... Your mic gain was not that bad at all, it's a little low but nothing too bad at all.

Springer...

[edit on 10-9-2006 by Springer]

[edit on 10-9-2006 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Dude! We must BAN YOU! You are way too good with that damn microphone!

Seriously, PLEASE keep the MondoBizarros COMING!

Springer...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Dude! We must BAN YOU! You are way too good with that damn microphone!

Seriously, PLEASE keep the MondoBizarros COMING!

Springer...

ACK.. I point the finger at my Neumann Microphone, it's that culprit don't you see, yeau, thats the ticket,,, it's the microphones fault, ban the damn mic... not me!

Mondo Bizarro #3 should be available Wednesday eve-Thursday morn (dependent on how long the "hold-staff-checking" part on your end takes...)

Thanks for not banning me quite yet..lol,
Johnny

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Minion here...

It's about freaking time, Mr. Overlord! I'm glad you watched the 9/11 movie. That was really good. With the "official story" on one end and the holigrams on the other, it's probable (and plausable) that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Looking forward to the next show...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Is there a way we can look at the stats for this site?

if not its cool.

I was just curious.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Mondo Bizarro #3 should be available Wednesday eve-Thursday morn (dependent on how long the "hold-staff-checking" part on your end takes...)

Johnny

We'll get you out of the "staff hold" routine today.
You'll be "live at time of posting" by tonight.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
GREAT Podcast and very informative, but...

What is with the Mr. Rogers with a Microphone comments?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I laughed till I cried....

Keep up the GREAT work guys..

Semper

top topics

join