It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: North Korea conducts nuke test

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Accd to FOX the US is confirming that it did happen, looks like under 400 KT expectation of NK. This coming from a senior Bush official

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Latest from FOX: test only partially successful. There was some type of explosion, but not the full reaction expected.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
400 KT, isn't that fairly weak???

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
S. Korean exchange may close for the day soon... all the tickers are down trending sharply. Nasty thought but if S. Korea's financials collapse or are threatened they may have to pull their investments in American paper (real estate mortgage markets)... that'd be bad...

Lotsa worried faces on Korean TV right now...

Will Uncle Sam wait till morning before an official statement?

Victor K.

41'

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The pieces have been in place for this game for a long time now.
And someone finally moved a piece,which is the beginning to a very dangerous game.This test,IMO,will go down as a begiinning to something far worse to come.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
For comparison

Little Boy dropped on Hiroshima

"With a power of 13 to 16 kilotons "

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Nihilist Fiend]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
400 KT is to be respected, no doubt. however, nothing like our megaton nukes.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well... we went to war with Afgahnistan because they supported the group that attacked us.

We went to war with Iraq because they had the ability to produce WMDS and sell them to terrorist which they may have been harboring, which was entirly false and misleading and are now stuck there.

N Korea has just tested a nuclear devise, they have sold weapons on the black market and world market to .. "unfavorable" people.

If this administration wants to stand by its reasonings for war, war is what we should have no?

We also have a pact with South Korea to assist them in their defense, we owe Japan our military support because there constitution prohibits the formation of an army, so they rely on their friends.

A nuclear terrorist state, and one so openly hostil not just to us, but to people we have sworn to protect, it only makes sense that we go to war with N Korea. The big question would then be... will once again China come to their aid??

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Launch 1: Success... Scare tactics prove functional.

Launch 2: Initiaded... Propaganda machine starts moving. Newspapers have to be printed. Opinions to be given. Views to be declared and theories debunked. Reasons and countermeasures analyzed. Experts interviewed. Diplomats sent and photos published.

Launch 3: waiting... Declare wars and martial laws, kill people, make accusations, demonstrate for peace and play WoW.

[...]

Launch n: NWO takeover.

This world is mad and very, very, utterly sick sometimes :-/

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
For some reason i am begining to wonder if i'll ever make retirement. I can onl hope sanity prevails and that for the first time in history nuclear nations do not go to war against each other.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Well... we went to war with Afgahnistan because they supported the group that attacked us.

We went to war with Iraq because they had the ability to produce WMDS and sell them to terrorist which they may have been harboring, which was entirly false and misleading and are now stuck there.

N Korea has just tested a nuclear devise, they have sold weapons on the black market and world market to .. "unfavorable" people.

If this administration wants to stand by its reasonings for war, war is what we should have no?

We also have a pact with South Korea to assist them in their defense, we owe Japan our military support because there constitution prohibits the formation of an army, so they rely on their friends.

A nuclear terrorist state, and one so openly hostil not just to us, but to people we have sworn to protect, it only makes sense that we go to war with N Korea. The big question would then be... will once again China come to their aid??

"it only makes sense that we go to war with N Korea. "

Ok,so im assuming your gonna rush down to your local recruiter tommorow to enlist.Saying it sounds oh so easy,when in reality alot of people will die,and nobody should rush into a war.And if you do,im sure you will be on the front line when it begins...right?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
All it would take is some idiot (or agency...) to set off a mini nuke in Japan as an excuse for the distruction of North Korea - as a "policing" action.
After all they have just proved that they have W.O.M.D.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
What did I tell you... October 9 was the day they will test. Though it was not October 9 here in the US, it was October 9 in North Korea.

Now we wait for reaction and response. I'm curious about what the Japanese will do and what China will do. Lets wait and see.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Ok,so im assuming your gonna rush down to your local recruiter tommorow to enlist.

No one is advocating war. Why on earth did you cut off the first part of that sentence? You are presenting that quote completely out of context.

Originally posted by Rockpuck

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Ok,so im assuming your gonna rush down to your local recruiter tommorow to enlist.Saying it sounds oh so easy,when in reality alot of people will die,and nobody should rush into a war.And if you do,im sure you will be on the front line when it begins...right?

Ok, sarcasm did not come out like intended, "It only makes sense that we go to war with N Korea"

If useing the thought process of the administration, this to them would be an act of war.

Me personally, I think the threat of mutual destruction would keep N Korea at bay, though I would be all for hitting their nuke sites to prevent black market trade.

mod edit: removed compound quote for clarity

[edit on 8-10-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You totally missed the point. If reasons for war in Iraq are to be believed. The US will go to war with NK within days. After all, NK are now much more of a threat than Iran or Iraq ever could be.

However, we all know it was done for oil so there will be no war with NK just yet.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Ahh i see,it was sarcasum.
I have such a slow sense of humor.
My apologies.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Rock: While I logically understand what you are saying I think we also have to realize this is a whole different situation. Attacking a country who haven proven their nuclear capabilities and have made so many moves towards being able to attack us (missiles) would be beyond risky. You deal with different people differently based on how much of a immediate and "acute" risk they are to you and your people. Do we need to just slap them on the wrist with embargos and the like NO WAY, but to be honest this is a very thin line we are walking now.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see if this will do anything to U.S. stocks. I have a funny feeling that the U.N. will not do much, despite any pleading by Japan or S.K. I bet a good deal could be struck to have China invade N.K. while the U.S. helps via air strikes. Granted the U.S. will be allowing China a land grab, but it does knock out an unpredictable country from the international chess board.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
FOX:

Over the wire from Beijing-

China opposes N Korean test.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Nihilist Fiend]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join