It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: North Korea conducts nuke test

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Russia: NKorea test greater than reported!!!

Source

MOSCOW - Russia's defense minister said Monday that
North Korea's nuclear test was equivalent to 5,000 tons to 15,000 tons of TNT

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source

That would be far greater than the force given by
South Korea's geological institute, which estimated it at just 550 tons of TNT

Russia is not happy about this, but what are they going to do about it????

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
N Korea 'may be preparing second test'

Source

SOUTH Korean authorities suspect that the communist state might be preparing a second nuclear test after unusual activities were detected in a rugged area in North Korea today, a news report said.

If he does, it is more trying to provoke a reaction from the US/world.

I am thinking that continuing to ignore "little Kim" is the best thing we can do, since it is the exact opposite of what he wants.

[edit on 10/9/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I know that the reports as to how large the explosion was differ. Here is the seismic server reading so you can see for your self.

usgs seismic servers
Korea:

I do not know how to reduce the size so I hope this works and does not mess up this page.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
U.N. members condemn N. Korea over test!!

UNITED NATIONS - Members of the
U.N. Security Council condemned
North Korea's claim of a nuclear test Monday, demanding at an emergency meeting that the communist nation return to six-party talks on its weapons program, U.N. ambassadors said.

Source

Great, we know every one is unhappy, but what R U going to do about it????

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
N. Korea Pressures US to Accept Bilateral Talks!!!

Source\

North Korea has long tried to engage the United States in bilateral talks in the belief that such meetings would improve its international status and help it obtain bigger concessions

Well, IMO, exploding a nuclear weapon is NOT wahat is going to lead to bilateral talks with NK, if anything, it will absolutly make sure it does not happen.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
S. Korean Military on High Alert!!!

Source

South Korea strengthened its military readiness yesterday in response to North Korea's unprecedented nuclear test, according to the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS).

Well, D'UH.....the same is true of Japan.

but back to my everlasting unanswered question-who will do what about it???

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I just heard on Fox news,that it would appear NK is going to do a "second" nuke test.Exactly what is NK trying to do?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Lets say war starts, i think something smart would be to assasinate Kim asap so we wont have to start searching like in the Sadam thing

Or actually just assasinate him right now

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
U.S. proposes sanctions against N. Korea

Source

UNITED NATIONS - The United States proposed stringent U.N. sanctions Monday against
North Korea, including a trade ban on military and luxury items, the power to inspect all cargo entering or leaving the country, and freezing assets connected with its weapons programs

well, there are many santions in place already-so that will do little.

Now, inspecting all ships coming into or leaving NK could spark a respomce from NK navy.
No they are not particullarly powerful, but you never know what stupid move little kim might make.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
N Korea 'may be preparing second test'

If he does, it is more trying to provoke a reaction from the US/world.

I am thinking that continuing to ignore "little Kim" is the best thing we can do, since it is the exact opposite of what he wants.

[edit on 10/9/2006 by mrmonsoon]

I believe people like him cannot be ignored. The more you ignore him the worse he will get. Of course were all hoping he will settle down.

Remember when he test just regular missles he tested more than just one. I think he will test more here also.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Looks like they possibly set off another one.

News.com.au

I wonder how this will/may change any reactions to the first test.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
any initial seismic activity?

Cant see anything else about this online...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
oops
can this be deleted?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I just saw on Faux news that people are starting to qustion if a nuke actually went off. The reporter said that there is suspicion that it was actually just "a lot of TNT."

Sorry dont have a source link. Just saw it in the break room.

Anyway...why would they fake a nuke test?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Assassinating him won't help, he does have successors....I say continue trying to talk, rather than going all offensive on N.Korea. Look, violence would just make this situation MUCH WORSE. Some people suggest we just bomb their whole country to hell....and that is why you would be considered crazy in the realm of reality.

I don't get why everyone is getting wiled up, didn't Pakistan conduct atleast 5 tests in 1998 as well as India? I don't remember them getting as much attention as N. Korea. Oh yeah, for those who don't know, the U.S. has condcuted over 1,000 tests and was the only country to actually use the weapons against others....twice.

N.Korea has said that it was going to test its first nuclear weapon regardless of the world situation, blaming 'hostile US policy' as the reason for the need for such a deterrent. However, it pledged a no-first-strike policy and to nuclear disarmament only when there is worldwide elimination of such nuclear weapons. Fair enough I think.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oilbourse2006
any initial seismic activity?

Cant see anything else about this online...

Another thread discussing the 2nd blast.

Thread

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
ok everything ive seen says that the reason NK wants "bi lateral" talks with the us is to get the sanctions lifted and economic aid.

they want money

"oh we're going to test a nuke...but if the us agrees to talks with us we may reconsider"

that kids, is called extortion.

why would we believe they'd live up to any deals anyway?

remember Clintons deals with them? we give them oil and they suspend their nuke program? guess what...they worked on their program in secret.

they are liars

im no fan of bush's anymore (yes i was once but not so much anymore) but to blame bush for not talking with NK is a crock...but hey, part of the presidents job is scapegoat for when people disagree with him.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
ok everything ive seen says that the reason NK wants "bi lateral" talks with the us is to get the sanctions lifted and economic aid.

they want money

"oh we're going to test a nuke...but if the us agrees to talks with us we may reconsider"

that kids, is called extortion.

why would we believe they'd live up to any deals anyway?

remember Clintons deals with them? we give them oil and they suspend their nuke program? guess what...they worked on their program in secret.

they are liars

im no fan of bush's anymore (yes i was once but not so much anymore) but to blame bush for not talking with NK is a crock...but hey, part of the presidents job is scapegoat for when people disagree with him.

What? Couldn't they say the exact same thing about the US? In fact, couldn't the majority of countries in the world say that about the US?

True, I think that NK is just trying to get the sanctions off of them(Maybe even the ones Bush laid on them 4 days after reaching a Non-Nuke deal?).

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I can fully understand why Nth Korea would love the world to believe that they have this capability.
I can even believe they are working hard to achieve this capability.

But besides (yet more mere) claims I have yet to hear anyone definitively state (with proof) that there really was a nuclear detonation event and that this nuclear 'test' actually happened.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Think it might be time for a blockade. Can't afford to have those things on North Kore's subs and sneak over to the coasts of the United States. We also don't need any special deiveries into the hands of the Radical Islamists. Last time we blockaded a country was during the Cuban Missle Crisis. I think it may be time once again. China needs to take some action though, as well as Russia. The USA shouldn't have to be the one to force the issue here.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join