It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: North Korea conducts nuke test

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Finaly the BS will surface, now north corea is dangeros 10 times more than iraq was, and north corea has a nuke unlike iran, if the bush administration went in iraq for distroing nukes, and is curently policing iran for the reason that it might build a nuke, than we should see united states at war within days, we will finaly see now if it was BS or not, now I would like nothing more for the US to take out north corea, now it's the right reason, we will see what bush protects now, he go's to war he may be more credible, he doesn't then it was all out of intrest, north corea is now a dangeros wild card, and it's more dangeros than iraq and iran put toghether, well, let's see it, let's see operation infinite justice , let's see if the name stands up to it's meaning, or let's see the BS as it comes up and floats

[edit on 9-10-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Finaly the BS will surface, now north corea is dangeros 10 times more than iraq was, and north corea has a nuke unlike iran, if the bush administration went in iraq for distroing nukes, and is curently policing iran for the reason that it might build a nuke, than we should see united states at war within days, we will finaly see now if it was BS or not, now I would like nothing more for the US to take out north corea, now it's the right reason, we will see what bush protects now, he go's to war he may be more credible, he doesn't then it was all out of intrest, north corea is now a dangeros wild card, and it's more dangeros than iraq and iran put toghether, well, let's see it, let's see operation infinite justice , let's see if the name stands up to it's meaning, or let's see the BS as it comes up and floats

You're crazy.. war with NK would mean millions of deaths on both sides. Do you really want that?

As it is, that bomb was less powerful than 5% of a hirosihima bomb, and a hiroshima bomb to todays nuclear weapons is like comparing a match to a flame thrower. so you have less than 5% of a match.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   

You're crazy.. war with NK would mean millions of deaths on both sides. Do you really want that?

As it is, that bomb was less powerful than 5% of a hirosihima bomb, and a hiroshima bomb to todays nuclear weapons is like comparing a match to a flame thrower. so you have less than 5% of a match.

I want to see military action as in iraq, since they went there under the pretex we are searching for the nukes, then what is stoping them now?
Well let's have it.
I see, The us goverment deals only with imaginary nukes
like the ones in iraq?

Or does the us goverment only picks on weak targers?, hey I want to see operation infinite justice, and I won't be satisfied till I see it, I want them to go in there and take out the nukes, just like they said before the war in iraq" SADAM HAS NUKES" it was the same scenario, quik be paranoid let's go in before the mushroom cloud comes to us, remember? well let's see bush now, we want to see him to go in and take out the nukes, if the pretex for iraq was the same, then I don't see what the problem is now, they thought they took the same risks when they went in iraq remember"sadam has chimical weapons, sadam has nukes"
Well let's have it, I want to see it now.
In stead of geting rid of something that represents a danger, and this time for real they chose to pump oil in to their pochets, we can see it now.
This would be more than justified, I belive the US should take action, and at least suround north corea and blast anything that trys to go out.

This is the real thing, let's see bush now.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Bush shrugged them off.

That is because NK was a Rogue State. Now, by the Bush administration an "Axis of Evil" (with little nukes).

Bush policy is to never negotiate with the Axis of Evil.

Would you negotiate with the devil, if he wanted in your house.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by XPhiles]

What a crock!
So your comparing the North Koreans or the Iraqis' or the Iranians with the Devil??

I suppose Bush is an Angel?? perhaps God??

It is this kind of fundamentalist blabber that creates extremists on both sides. Th reality is that there is no black and white in this matter, just oceans of grey.

Kim Jong is just a poor little fool with delusions of grandeur on the Global scale, backed into the corner by the bumbling, foreign policy inept Bush administration.

This is going to create an asian arms race. Watch Japans' defensive forces upgraded to a full fledged military. Just what the new prime minister needs actually

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac

What a crock!
So your comparing the North Koreans or the Iraqis' or the Iranians with the Devil??

lol i didn't say who was the devil, oops..So your saying Bush has started a Asian Arms Race...... ?

lol I remember back when people thought Saddam Hussein was the anti christ.... pft

[edit on 9-10-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I want to see military action as in iraq, since they went there under the pretex we are searching for the nukes, then what is stoping them now?

So you want war to make a political statement? That's not a very productive course of action. Let's keep the peace, shall we?

[edit on 10/9/06 by RedDragon]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Well let's have it.
I see, The us goverment deals only with imaginary nukes
like the ones in iraq?

This would be more than justified, I belive the US should take action, and at least suround north corea and blast anything that trys to go out.

This is the real thing, let's see bush now.

What exactly would Dubya attack with? The US Army is tied up in Iraq, there are no reserves to build a substantial force to take on the mad midget. As for allies, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that South Korea will allow in Japanese troops. Let's face it, it's going to be settled by bluff and/or diplomacy.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sr Wing Commander
Fox is saying that it is 550 Tons of TNT equivelent. The Hiroshima bomb (which is small by today's standards) was 12,500 tons or 12.5 kilotons So this thing isn't even a 1 kilton bomb.

Just want to draw one's awareness to this breaking news article:
Russia says test far greater than reported

The report says the blast was possibly as large as Hiroshima.

Whether we believe this, who knows; I'm just saying with so many conflicting reports at the moment, I don't think we should be making any final assumptions as to the yield of the bomb.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I find a blast larger than 10KT very hard to believe..

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
I know exactaly what is going to happen NOTHING. Everyone will puss out on doing anything meaningful.

Amen. You are exactly correct. The only thing that will come of this is a few sanctions that won't really hurt NK and some 'incentives' for NK to come back to the six nation talks.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Its funny, if you think about it, the US has lost all reason to even think about attacking Iran, a country that does not have nuclear weapons as of yet. While NK has now showed to the world, loud and clear might i add, that they have them indeed.

The pressure on the US that would ensue after an attack on Iran nuclear facilities would come with the message of: "You attack Iran, a country thats not as far with technology as NK, and you let the real threat slip away, why are you doing this?".

NK might just have drawn attention away from Iran, big time.

Iran has ambition for them, perhaps, but NK has turned ambition into a reality, i wonder how the US will react, sanctions? They worsen (Its as bad as ever) relationships between them. Military action? Oh the suffering that would result into that....

What is the best reaction?

[edit on 9-10-2006 by Mammoth]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I can not believe people in this day and age, given the lessons we've learned, could endorse the use of nukes on a country that has achieved a technological milestone.
NK has joined the the big boys club, and all countries best respect that and encourage/engage NK to participate peacefully with the interests of makind on the global stage.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
From what I have learned from the talking heads, it will probably be several years before NK has a device small enough to fit onto a missle. I doubt that they could deploy a weapon if they wanted to at this time.

I am also wondering if our scientists are anylizing nuetrino data to confirm if a nuke was exploded. It is my understanding that a release of nuclear energy in the form of a bomb also releases lots of neutrinos. If this is the case then no neutrino burst would indicate a conventional explosion.

Could the NK be working with Iran? I have wondered if this might be the case. Iran may have supplied some material or technology in exchange for help with their bomb. I guess we will see.

If the nuclear yeald was low, they may not have their process down yet. I would expect another test in a few weeks to test another device.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is just the begining. Kim is going to continue to push the world into some kind of respose. I just don't know for the life of me what the hell he is trying to accomplish. Seems like he wants a war with someone. Maybe since we have put alot of our military resources in Iraq he sees the U.S. as weak.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by simtek 22

If the nuclear yeald was low, they may not have their process down yet. I would expect another test in a few weeks to test another device.

CNN was just saying that there is alot of activity in NK which looks like they might test a 2nd weapon very soon. Things could get interesting...Bush needs to back up his policies on this one. I think we should withdraw our forces from Iraq now and gear up for taking care of NK. If we don't then no country will take us seriously over our WMD policy.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Security Council expected to meet on N.Korea's nuclear test.

www.bakutoday.net...

UNITED NATIONS (AFP) - The UN Security Council is expected to hold an emergency meeting to weigh how to respond to
North Korea's first-ever nuclear weapons test in brazen defiance of a UN resolution.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So far, no one (China, US, Japan, Russia) has made any official reactions to the test.

I don't know if that reassures me or scares me even more.

I seem to have not posted link and the yahoo link is now gone

Mods, if necessary, go on and remove this reply if u need to and sorry for forgetting the source link.

[edit on 10/9/2006 by mrmonsoon]

[edit: added AFP source link]

[edit on 10/9/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
King George the inept is about to speak to us lowly countrymen.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
CHINA ON ALERT DUE TO NORTH KOREA'S ROGUE ACTIONS!!!

China Not Happy

North Korea is a problem that will not go away in the forseeable future and most likely will get far worse. Some expect WWIII to be started by this rogue state or at least be added to when the Middle East blows up and it will

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

No, China is NOT happy, but the real question is what will they do about it?????

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

So you want war to make a political statement? That's not a very productive course of action. Let's keep the peace, shall we?

[edit on 10/9/06 by RedDragon]

I think you're missing the point of his posts...they're sarcasm...in other words if they DONT do anything Bush Administration was full of crap from the get go...if they DO do something, then at least (at the VERY LEAST) they didnt seem as disingenuous about their intentions for invading Iraq in the first place.....cmon....you say lets keep the peace? Well the first process in keeping the peace, is in opening your mind to context and not only your views.

AB1

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JEREK
This is just the begining. Kim is going to continue to push the world into some kind of respose. I just don't know for the life of me what the hell he is trying to accomplish. Seems like he wants a war with someone. Maybe since we have put alot of our military resources in Iraq he sees the U.S. as weak.

The military in NK is the real power. They are the only ones being fed on a regular basis. The populace is starving.

Kim may have done this to show his military that he is tough enough to stick his thumb in the eye of the west.

China and Japan are key players here. China is the main source of energy and food to NK. Japan can be a nuclear power in a relatively short time, if they feel that they have been abandoned by the west. And there's no way you can convince the Japanese that chances are slim for a nuclear attack on them.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join