It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: North Korea conducts nuke test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
NK Tests Nuke

OK, the US/Japan and even China have all said they will not stand for a nuclear NK.

Now what???

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I just saw the report on Fox news. I guess we wait and see?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Watching it develop on the news...

Now we wait for confirmation, and fireworks if it is confirmed...

link   
Well they did it. They did what everyone said they won't do.

Wonder what is going to happen next. I sure hope we will be ok. I hope this doesn't take us to war there.

link   
Confirmed

Yep, it's all on! Pack an umbrella, it's going to rain soon!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wow, Ill eat my words and say I was wrong,, I thought it was merely a carrot approach.

but a one line news report with no official statements, ... seems fishy

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The only way they will confirm it is from Radiation. Radiation will be mesurable from a underground test.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The CNN crawl says the NK's say, "no radiation" leakage. I would say they might be B.S.ing', but that siesmgraph link above kinda throws that out the window.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If they did it, then I'm glad, at least it removes all questions as to whether they have the bomb or not.

Now the question is what to do about it.

[edit on 10/8/2006 by djohnsto77]

link   
They said S. Korea will conduct seismic tests to try to see if it's true or not. Our government has'nt confirmed anything yet.

link   
I'm flipping from FOX to CNN and back to see what is being said. Still waiting on a true verification. Other than radiation would it be possible to look at seismograph's for whether this really happened? Not sure but am thinking that might work. Do we know the specific time they are talk about.
Loko

edit: NM answers to my question are being posted as I am replying LOL

[edit on 10/8/2006 by lokomai]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I know exactaly what is going to happen NOTHING. Everyone will puss out on doing anything meaningful.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Latest from FOX:

USGS says no seismic detection of an underground nuclear explosion was detected, this may just be a fake out.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm watchin' KNNSBS (S. Korea) on viidoo.com (about a 60 second delay) and although I can't understand what's being said the on-air-talent seems excited and I believe there are emergency meetings being held - photos of missiles and the DMZ... things are cranking-up. The Korean exchange is diving.

Victor K.

41'

[edit on 8-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What action would you prefer then?
I mean, they havent attacked anyone.
they state its for defense..

so... why should be ruin many lives, kill thousands of people because of this?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It is odd but the USGS says that they have no seismic activity on the Korean Peninsula.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah this sounds a bit off...

Why state that no radiation leaked from the site? It's just not something you'd say if you gave limited details.

So no radiation leaked from the site and no seismic activity was recorded.

Congratulations North Korea, your nukes are duds.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This has come just an hour after this story was reported by the BBC.

Last Updated: Monday, 9 October 2006, 02:10 GMT 03:10 UK

Japan-China summit warns N Korea

Shared alarm over N Korea's threat may be fuelling improved ties
The leaders of China and Japan have both said that a nuclear test by North Korea would be "unacceptable".
The statement came after Japan's new Prime Minister Shinzo Abe met Chinese leaders in their capital Beijing - the first such contact in five years.

North Korea's threat last week to test a nuclear weapon may have given greater urgency to improved relations between the two countries, correspondents say.

Source.

In fact, make that 59 minutes.

Last Updated: Monday, 9 October 2006, 03:09 GMT 04:09 UK

Reports from North and South Korea say the communist authorities in North Korea have carried out their first ever test of a nuclear weapon.
The North Korean state news agency said the underground test was a success.

In South Korea, President Roh Moo-hyun convened a meeting of his top security officials following the reports.

Source.

Now what?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm not an expert on this stuff but the test was conducted underground, may be this is why there's no leakage?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Friends in South Korea have just said that the test has been confirmed by the SK government, but I'm trying to find some written confirmation of this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join