It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite *love* story movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Leave it to me right
. What's some or one of your all time favorite love stories?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
" Truely, Madly, Deeply" with Alan Rickman...........

that one just tears me up especially the poetry scene......... and the last scene.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
hahaha, Braveheart

Braveheart had it all...it is my answer to any "Favourite (blank) movie" question. Well with a few exceptions of course.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Love story??????

Oh, my favorite? True Romance. That was a cool love story. (I shed a tear in that one too)

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would say American Beauty.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My faves are

Ghost
sleepless in Seatle
Titanic
My girl
i no there are loads more i love cant think of them at the moment
oh westside story

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the movie Frida

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
City of Angels, I like my love stories kinda twisted where someone dies in the end or the love just doesn't quite go right. Message In A Bottle...I gave that thing a standing ovation. Sweet November-kinda sappy but the end was classic. She ties her scarf over his eyes and he walks reaching for her takes the scarf off and she's gone forever.

Best of all time!!! Leaving Las Vegas--Nick Cage and Elizabeth Shue. He's a drunk bent on drinking himself to death and she's a hooker bent on letting him. Maginficent! A must see.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My top 5 love stories of all time are(no specific order)

1) Somewhere in Time
2)The English Patient
3)The Thorn Birds
4)Bram Stokers Dracula
5)Out of Africa

and and..Doctor Zhivago

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Love story??????

Oh, my favorite? True Romance. That was a cool love story. (I shed a tear in that one too)

Colonel!!!
Delete your post from this thread immediatley!!!
We are fighting for a cause and you cant be associated with a thread of this nature. Favorite mushy film...what willl the other followers think!!! Cant you see the man is trying to soften you up.. You have to be strong Colonel!

Quickly now before anyone else sees this.....

Mark

j/k I really thought Ghost was a great movie. Didnt have the emotional strength to sit through The English Patient but heard it was sappy too.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Somewhere In Time is my all time Favorite!! I'd forgotten the name of that earlier, great movie

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Sunconsciously I believe it is also my favorite(notice it did come out of my mind first) even though I stated no specific order hehe! And Christopher Reeves looks so handsome in that movie does he not? Course Jane Seymor is a prize possession in the looks department as well~

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkosOrrealus

Originally posted by Colonel
Love story??????

Colonel!!!
Delete your post from this thread immediatley!!!
We are fighting for a cause and you cant be associated with a thread of this nature. Favorite mushy film...what willl the other followers think!!! Cant you see the man is trying to soften you up.. You have to be strong Colonel!

Quickly now before anyone else sees this.....

Don't worry. I got this. The repugnants are like simians...but their girls ain't....

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I prefer some of the oldies, 40s-50s best vintage.

Of new schmaltz:

Serendipity (for soppiness)

Punch Drunk Love (for silliness).

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
OMG MA you liked Punch Drunk Love?

WHY?

It was the most bizarre boring movie I have ever seen.
I like SPykids two better than that.

Gee whiz...

Mark

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Punch Drunk Love (for silliness).

I think I saw it but didn't seem to leave a mark? The other choice was good..yep good movie. B&W are so fun to sit and watch with someone you love near you handing you napkins and wiping your tears..course I saw that in some other love movie so this is just an assumption

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
Sunconsciously I believe it is also my favorite(notice it did come out of my mind first) even though I stated no specific order hehe! And Christopher Reeves looks so handsome in that movie does he not? Course Jane Seymor is a prize possession in the looks department as well~

Yes i remember in the 70's Christopher Reeve was 'the' heart throb of all time along with the guy who played in The ThornBirds another great one. And Jane Seymour never seems to age! Another oldie is "Shogun" i really enjoyed that one as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
being the softie i am i like the french film amelie

arc

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Chasing Amy and Singles - both because of the bitter-sweet humour (and great soundtracks)

And if I'm feeling particularly mushy - The Princess Bride

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm gonna sound like a wuss here....but definitely...

Somewhere in Time (Christopher Reeves, and jane Seymore, if I recall)...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join