It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Is Coming To U.S. Soil !!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Didn't wild Bill Clinton, remove through Executive Order, all first response mechanisms when he was in office?

IE- in the name of one last effort for peace. Second attack?... all bets are off.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
eh im not so worried about him hitting our missile sites...i mean cmon, anyone really think he can hit north and south dakota? omaha nebraska?

(for those unaware, sd and nd have the largest concentration of icbms in the US and omaha (bellevue) is home to the strategic air command. for those whove never visited it, it goes so far down taht if you tell someone there to go to hell they have to take the elevator up 5 floors)

i do some days wonder why i moved to california recently...eh come what will.

but lets face it, we wouldnt likely respond with our icbm's those are the big boys. (expensive too) NK would get an inbound group of Tomahawks with W-80s on them. nuff said.

though i do think that the UN should pass a resolution. if you cant comb your hair, you cant run a country.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I have learned that the asia times has multiple times reported completely false to the point of completely making fools of themselves. Id take it with a grain of salt, and I almost NEVER attack a source.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nawkturn
A war with Nk is again a one sided one, but I am still considering the implications it may have. In his article, Kim forgot to consider France and India, before putting NK as the so called fourth only nation after USA, Russia, 'china'. The due respect to china still wonders me here. Probably a covert support from china in case of war? I see a devastation if our troops go war. Iraq's dust hasn't settled yet. Damn I wonder if the boys have any positive morale in reserve

The war in Iraq and Afghan was meant to be ONE sided..
And neither of them had the amount of heavy weapons, arty, chem/bio that nkorea does.

Sure the US can bomb the bajeez's outta Nkorea..
but when those arty shells start raining down on Seoul, and the troops charge the DMZ zone into Skorea... it will turn into another ground battle.

And as much as a economic ally China is to the US, I heard a good point from a logical thinking

'' what would china prefer, a smoldering destoryed Nkorea, or a nuclear nkorea ''

The USA isnt going to be given a green light to flatten nkorea.

I dont beleive Nkorea have the ABILITY to test anyways..
the supposid key day they were meant to test didnt even FINISH before they had officials in china speaking about a cease if the US held talks.

Its just a carrot...
I believe, much like Saddam.. the Nkorea desperatly wants world wide recognition.
but at the same time, needs to appear big bad and mean to keep neighbors under the guise that if u mess with us, we do have the ability to hit you hard.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
eh im not so worried about him hitting our missile sites...i mean cmon, anyone really think he can hit north and south dakota? omaha nebraska?

Fox news showed that the taepodongII could reach as far inland from the west as Chicago that's far enough to pose a serious threat.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Ok so we're supposed to believe that a country that couldn't "get it up" about 3 months ago is now suddenly able to effectivley attack the United States?

This is freaking hilarious!

30 years of research by the US is matched and exceeded in under a year by the North Korean's who have never even tested a Nuclear weapon?

The second North Korea fired a nuke anywhere the United States would strike and China would probably join in for the trouble they've caused. A chance to test your weaponary without worrying the United States.

North Korea must be getting desperate if they're putting this crap out there.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Fox news showed that the taepodongII could reach as far inland from the west as Chicago that's far enough to pose a serious threat.

This leaves me wondering how effective the US missile defence system is.

If in fact we could knock out these missiles and warheads long before they can threaten the US mainland. What would Kim Jong-il gain by launching them at the USA?

The destruction of his own nation, and his regime? With no real impact or damage to the USA.

I say we are seeing propaganda from a frantic lunatic who's own paranoia is fueling his empty threats. A childish way of saying "I'm tough, don't mess with me" to impress the girls, while inside praying the fight never happens.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Never mind.

Delete
Delete
etc.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by ShadowEyes]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I agree..
You dont spend so much money and time on researching and creating nuclear weapons.. only to blink at the last minute and tell the world you will cease if negotiations are held.

Take note Iran, you are the only nation testing the USA on the nuclear issue now.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You guys...seriously sometimes this board bothers me. People jump on every issue like bad things NEVER happened before and the world will end anyday now.

The US will not "invade" North Korea. The US may bomb them.

North Korea does not have oil. It has NOTHING. The only reason why the US would invade them is to get cheap labor there.

Seriously, you all know this. I know this. Stop with all this nonesense.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
North Korea simply does not have the military capacity to launch a sucessful ground invasion of the United States, plain and simple. As far as nukes being launched at the United States - I consider it likely they DO have the capablility or are at least close to acheiving the capability of doing so. But the fact they have the option does not imply that they intend to utilize it.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
WAIT a minute... so is it confirmed that NK DOES have Nuclear Weapons?

Nextly, for all those who say "we'll just bomb the hell out of NK," you're forgetting that NK can turn Seoul into rubble with their artillery in an instant. Don't forget that the next time you guys say things like that.

Did you know that things are so bad their soldiers even raid china to get money?

Is this true? I don't think so, NK main food and oil supply comes as aid from China. If their soldiers are raiding China for money, I'm sure Kim would put a stop to that or else NO MORE FOOD/OIL for NK.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I found this bit towards the end of the article most interesting:

Had the Americans been steadfast in upholding the nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty by reducing their nuclear weapons and respecting the sovereignty and independence of the non-nuclear states, North Korea would not have felt any need to defend itself with nuclear weapons.

Sounds to me like posturing. North Korea is telling the USA not to try and push them around any more - and not to expect others to respect rules they don't follow themselves.

Fair enough. Unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

That one line i think sums it up perfectly.

We can only push our weight around so much until someone has the ability and the nerve to stand up for us.

Unforunately, that day has come.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
For the record, the first reports have come in that they successfully tested their first nuclear weapon. Lets see how the fallout hits....

link

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Dunno how relevant this is but there are nukes out there that well, they are very bad. Just one dropped on Scotland would melt the Tower of London (which means, everything in between would be toast, flat as a pancake... no more great britain, gone, all gone, with one bomb). To me, when the bombs get that big, talking nuclear war is the equivalent of suicide.

While trying to ascertain survival info, I did a study on nuclear fallout, the jet stream and all that jazzola. During the course of my studies, I found that they have several different sizes and approaches to deploying nuclear bombs. One way is to launch a five megaton. Another is to launch a twenty five megaton. And yet another is to launch five, five megatons (which is worse than one 25 megaton). These are just for one city, btw. The big one I referred to is worse than that.

A single twenty five megaton bomb would essentially wipe out everything for 20 miles in every direction and significantly damage things five miles farther outside the 20 mile radius. Five, five megaton bombs would have a larger impact in heat, blast wave and fallout, by compounding on itself. If staggered, this could increase the potential seriousness of the fallout in the jetstream, since timing is crucial on fallout safety.

The good news is, all you need to do is move out of the line of the fallout clouds, similar to moving out of the way of a hurricane. The bad news is, alot of people would be dead or dying immediately afterward. The infrastructure would be hosed. Think New Orleans disaster and multiply by a thousand times. EMP pulse would knock out everything with electronic parts, so vaccuum tubes would be back in vogue.

Best to keep a medicine stockpile and other luxury items or things you would sorely miss were the system to break down (for example, if you have a favorite hobby or activity, make sure to keep some kind of back up buffer for that, or the damage will seem even more severe to you, personally, and serious depression may result). also, the following items are good to keep around - dehydrated anything (they last for a very long time), honey (it just doesn't go bad! and if it crystallizes, you heat it up and it's back to being honey again), oats (the perfect food, it contains nearly every ingredient essential to sustaining life, including fiber), and of course, water and your favorite tea (herbal teas are good, too).

Water, by the way, can be reclaimed if in a pinch, without a fancy filtration system. The solution is to let it stand for thirty minutes and skim the top layer of water off. Here's a website that discusses these topics (it's good but he's under the impression that preparation may be wasted. i disagree. preparation is never wasted.):

The Real Deal About Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological Warfare
www.bokor.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Sounds to me like posturing. North Korea is telling the USA not to try and push them around any more - and not to expect others to respect rules they don't follow themselves.

Exactly how I feel, I don't think they'd have gone this far had Bush not put the "axis of evil" and made them feel like they were the next to be invaded.

Any country would be doing the maximum they could to stop themselves being invaded by team America if they thought they were next in line.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by suggums
For the record, the first reports have come in that they successfully tested their first nuclear weapon. Lets see how the fallout hits....

link

Guess we know why this story was put out NOW!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

lol or maybe Kimmy is trying to hold on to power because he is losing it and thinks nuclear weapons will give him world standing.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Or maybe he's a mad man who doesnt have long to live due to some illness and wants to take the world or at least the U.S. with him when he goes. and besides he's still pissed over that TEAM AMERICA movie

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join