It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reality of the universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
it's my understanding, that to make somehting a reality, and everything that in fact makes up reality, is because we observe as so. So observing makes things reality.

now my point... the universe, it started as a singularity before the big bang, so it had to be contained in something, that isn't the universe, right? that singularity was in something or somewhere and expanded into the universe. but what?

and we're supposed to believe that th universe is infinant, thats not possible. all things must come to an end at some point. if it was infinant, wouldn't there not be enough room in the universe for the universe itself? [i'm not sure if that makes sense]

but here's my MAIN point. what if no life ever evolved ANYWHERE in the entire universe. absolutely mone. and there was nothing intelligent anyhwere around to actually observe the universe itself. then what?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ricky43
but here's my MAIN point. what if no life ever evolved ANYWHERE in the entire universe. absolutely mone. and there was nothing intelligent anyhwere around to actually observe the universe itself. then what?

Your MAIN point negates itself by definition.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
1st of all let's put us in persprctive. Humans are finite creatures. They cannot comprehend the infinite.

Sounds kind of like you are pondering a question akin to "if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it still make a noise?"

Simply beacuse WE do not observe something doesn't mean it does not exist. This is the kind of pompousness that us humans typically exude. If WE don't know about it than it ain't nothin'. Each generation thinks it knows it all and we don't know jack relative to the universe.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If there was not a consciousness to perceive anything then nothing would exist. What reason would it have to exist if there was not an exterior consciousness? Of course, the prime consciousness was that of the creator. Man's consciousness is only an extension of that which already existed.

new topics

top topics

join