It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should teenagers be forced into tests for STI's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Every year around 1 in 4 sexually active teenagers contract a sexually transmitted disease with Gonorrhea and Chlamydia being more common amonst teens aged 15-19 than any other age group.

However, sexual intercourse is not the only platform throught which sexually transmitted infections can spread.

A person can get some infeections such as genital warts or even herpes, through skin-to-skin contact with an infected area or sore.

Oral or Anal sex can allow viruses or bacteria that cause STDs to enter the body through tiny cuts or tears in the mouth and anus, as well as the genitals.

Drug use or needles from tattooist can also exacerbate the spread these infections.

STD's also spread easily because you can't tell whether someone has an infection. In fact, some people with STDs don't even know that they have them.

These people are in danger of passing an infection on to their sex partners without even realizing it.

Many people have stated that what is required is more education on the risks of SDT's however, even with all the education possible many teenagers still continue to suffer from these illness.

Should teens therefore be forced to have regular tests and treatments for sexually transmitted diseases to prevent the spread of these infection?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
well if you put it that way with alll the statistics then i think yes teenageers should be forced into having std tests. I think it would be best, i mean if one person has a std and has sexual intercourse with another person giving them the disease, it will almost certianly become a chain reaction.

join