It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with Passwords and E-mails?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I dont know if anybody else had this problem, but two nights ago somehow my password got changed, and my e-mail was all messed up. I managed to get back on thankfully, but I'm kindof concerned. Is there someone hacking above top secret? because it was a real pain to get back on, and it was as if someone maliciously changed my password for ATS. Has anybody else experience this before? Because I'm alittle concerned now about the next time I log on. Is there a server issue? is it a malicious attack, or something else?

If somebody had some answers to ease my frantic panicing, it would be helpful.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Awhile back I had a problem with my password, but after a few hours it was corrected.

Not really sure what it was, because my password has never changed. For a few hours it would not accept it, then after some time passed it was good to go again.

Still leaves me scratching my head actually.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hmm, what was wierd about mine was that it was changed, period, as if someone purposely changed it. AND my e-mail was wrong. So it was like someone hacked into my name, changed my email and password, and did it maliciously.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've never had this problem with ATS...as a computer programmer who has a lot of experience with Internet programming, I'm not sure how your password could be randomly changed, then changed back unless there was a problem with the entire site ...

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Today this site would not accept my password. After 5 attempts it was accepted.
I thought it might be a computer glich on my end.

Interesting........

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Looks like some people had similar problems, but my password was changed, period. I tried so many times I locked myself out of my name lol.

It was very wierd.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
WoW,

How did you log on if your password was changed?

If you contacted a MOD. to get you logged on, did they indicate what the problem might be?

Semper

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The site cookies expire in 30 days, many people assume this means their password has changed when they're suddenly logged out when the cookie expires. This has been a problem at one point when many members deleted their email address, making it impossible to obtain a new password.

There are several countermeasures to prevent hacking of our database, the probability is exceptionally low that it could be hacked... and even lower that if it was hacked, all they'd do is change your password.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Apparently Daystar also is having the same problem I was having. He went on ats to find he was logged off, even though his cookiee didnt expire, and his password AND his email was changed.

Sadly the way I got on didnt work for him, so he's basically stuck right now, unable to retrieve his password and unable to log in.

Hopefully the admins can fix this, but this problem appears to be growing.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's not "growing"... It's just that, in my experience, members of a discussion board like ATS tend to have rather paranoid knee-jerk reactions in situations like this. When I suddenly am logged off (because my cookie expires), it's briefly startling... but then I log in.

However, all too often we've seen members who zero-out their email address in their profile (thinking things are more safe or secure that way), then automatically assume the worst when their cookie expires and they forget or mistype their password.

It's easy enough to report this to us with the contact form.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

“Damn You And Your Vulcan Logic!”

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for clearing that up Skeptic

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
When i registered my account with ATS i had similar problems.

After coming back a couple of hours later i wasn't able to log in using my pw and username.

So i actually had to re-register my account using the same username and e-mail adress. And it worked. Which in my opinion is really strange because normally you wont be able to register the same E-mail.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by osram
When i registered my account with ATS i had similar problems.

After coming back a couple of hours later i wasn't able to log in using my pw and username.

So i actually had to re-register my account using the same username and e-mail adress. And it worked. Which in my opinion is really strange because normally you wont be able to register the same E-mail.

Osram,

If you were able to "re"-register with the same e-mail you provided originally, then the original account application was unsuccessful. As many have discovered, once you've registered an account with one e-mail address, they won't be able to register another.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
members of a discussion board like ATS tend to have rather paranoid knee-jerk reactions in situations like this.

lol We do have a reputation for being paranoid conspiracy theorists!

Occasionally I will visit ATS to see that I'm logged off, but I've never been locked out by the Site. My password is always accepted and my email hasn't changed...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
'Taps foot'

Hmmmmmhahahahaha...

I thought not. Not a word. Oh well...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaystarReturns
'Taps foot'

Hmmmmmhahahahaha...

I thought not. Not a word. Oh well...

Was there a question you were looking to have answered?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Daystar,

Did you send an email to the contact form?
If you do, I'll give you a donut.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by parrhesia]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My dear Parr, I did, and I have yet to recieve even notification (first hand) from Admin that they are aware that there's an issue.

Can I have that donut btw?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Was there a question you were looking to have answered?

Not from yourself Chissler, so don't worry yourself over this issue

top topics

<<   2 >>

join