It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many think supporting the war is supporting our troops?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
ok mate
what are you supporting? the color of their hair or their actions? when you say you support the troops what are you supporting if not the actions of the troops? their actions result from their orders which result from illegal activities of this administration. If you do not support the war then don't support what the troops are doing over there as that in essence is the war.OK, if your brother was misled into doing something wrong/immoral and it becomes known to you that he was misled, how can you support him if he's still doing that wrong/immoral thing. You would hide a relative on the run from the law huh?
Think about this also, if all the people who don't support the war were to also voice dissaproval of what the troops are doing I think something concrete would be done to end the war. However they make it clear that they do not support the war but by then saying they support the troops imply they support the troops being there and what they're doing. How can you bring the troops home if your comments suggest that you supprot what they are doing over there? They won't bring the troops home because although people will say they don't support the war they will not be brave enough to say that they do not support the troops, them being there and what they are doing over there and that what they are doing is wrong. So there is really no pressure on bush etc to bring them home because even if the people hate him and the reasons for the war he can smile at the fact they will allways support the troops as the troops are innocent in the peoples eyes.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why does it have to be either/or?

I think it has been adequately shown by now that this administration doesn't give a flying fig about the real opinions of the people of this country, just the opinions they can manipulate.

As former military I wish them all the best but at the same time I do not support this unprovoked and unnecessary war. I was out protesting with others during the lead up to this war and I still join protests as I can.

either/or, black/white. republican/democrat, straight/gay, with us/against us... all examples of the dualistic thinking has made such a mess of the world.

Let go of duality.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by grover]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If you support the troops you support the war. They go hand in hand. Paris Hilton supports the troops.
www.gossipcenter.com...
I have yet to find anyone with an IQ of over 100 who supports the troops.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Who Cares!

If troops are working for the treasonous Pentagon, they are part of the treason.

What is wrong with you people?

Treason is treason, in or out of a uniform or official 'title'.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
people simply don't think the rhetoric through.

After all who started the whole idea that if you oppose the war you don't support our troops and/or that to support the troops you must defacto support the war? The Republicans responsible for (and support) this war to begin with thats who. Its all part of their you are either with us or against us rhetoric and that if you disagree with them you somehow hate America. All patently false lies foisted upon us by Karl Rove and his ilk and then true to the big lie repeated often and loud enough that people simply accept the truth of it.

Another lie is that the military fares better under the Republicans...it is true up to a point...military contractors fare better under Republicans...

...Veterans though fare better under the Democrats!

GOP & DNC US govt does business with China.. $1 trillion in US loans earn China nice profits.. at the same time Chinese weapons supplied to the Taliban are used to summarily slaughter "the troops".. neither party seems to give rat sphincter #1 about the troops, else they might consider not doing business with those responsible for killing & maiming our heroes.

WWII seems to be the last real war effort to support US troops, Germanys ability to re-arm, wage war & harm American soldiers was pummeled by relentless bombing runs and coordinated efforts attacking supplies.. train busting and all that.. these days DC politicians put politics & business first.. as one article notes:

"The Bush administration is afraid that a backlash against Beijing would result if it were revealed that Beijing is participating in the killing of U.S. and allied soldiers. " link

The Taliban or Iraqi resistance can disturb crap as long as they have an endless supply of (Chinese/Russian) weapons.. DCs party leaders are not unaware of this, they just don't care..

A Google of china + Taliban + weapons yields a plethora of information

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
If you support the troops you support the war. They go hand in hand. Paris Hilton supports the troops.
www.gossipcenter.com...

Holy Necropost, Batman! You dug up a post that's almost four years old to post smack like this?

Slow night?

I have yet to find anyone with an IQ of over 100 who supports the troops.

Yeah, because only genius level braintrusts are protesting, right?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just responding to the OP title question:

Were Too Binary

[edit on 30/5/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry but this is wrong. I can present reasons

1. In an interview with several solders they all said that they want to stay until the job is done.

2. Solders DO have a choice, if you won't fight in combat until you die, why join the military?

I support troops, my father risked his life in Iraq, he said all his friends and him wanted to stay until all enemy combatants were dead. Look at what happened on 9/11 do you want that to happen again? My dad doesn't neither do our troops. Even if they must die and never see their families again. If I were you I would show appreciation for what troops are doing.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Also our troops have some of the best armor in the world, that's why it's called DRAGON SCALE ARMOR.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truent2
I'm sorry but this is wrong. I can present reasons

1. In an interview with several solders they all said that they want to stay until the job is done.

2. Solders DO have a choice, if you won't fight in combat until you die, why join the military?

I support troops, my father risked his life in Iraq, he said all his friends and him wanted to stay until all enemy combatants were dead. Look at what happened on 9/11 do you want that to happen again? My dad doesn't neither do our troops. Even if they must die and never see their families again. If I were you I would show appreciation for what troops are doing.

The troops are securing oil, that is the mission. It will never be a finished job. It is an immoral mission. We were all mislead. I support none of it. My friends come back in body bags and they never knew what or who they were fighting. They joined up with good intentions but ended up being worse than nazi stormtroopers.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The troops are securing oil, that is the mission.

really? Then why didn't the coalition stop as soon as the oil wells were secured? I mean, if you're right and that's all they are there for.

They joined up with good intentions but ended up being worse than nazi stormtroopers.

Right. The ol' "US troops are the same as Nazi stormtroopers".
Someone else that hasn't done any research and just parrots whatever they hear.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise
Someone else that hasn't done any research and just parrots whatever they hear.

I heard it from the guys planning the war. Your side, Mr. Patriotic.
I support the Elves, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny against your Tooth Fairy. The info we get is about as credible as the Santa myth.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The troops are securing oil, that is the mission. It will never be a finished job. It is an immoral mission. We were all mislead. I support none of it. My friends come back in body bags and they never knew what or who they were fighting. They joined up with good intentions but ended up being worse than nazi stormtroopers.

So when my dad bombed the crap out of Saddam Husein's base he was like a Nazi storm trooper. (By the way Saddam was that evil dictator who started an oil war himself known as the Gulf War where he tried to raid other Middle Eastern countries) My Dad hates all ideas of non-freedom so YOU have raised my anger Sir and the goal is to KILL OSAMA BIN-LADEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That guy responsible for 9/11! who deserves to die like all the others!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join