It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For stellar X - You can have too much vitamin C

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Side Effects Return to top

Vitamin C is water soluble and is regularly excreted by the body. Therefore, toxicity is very rare. Amounts greater than 2,000 mg/day, however, are not recommended because such high doses can lead to stomach upset and diarrhea.[exe]

from the national health libary online resources.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

From chief medical editor Professor John. A. Henry MB FRDP - , The British Medical Association Concise Guide to Medicines & Drugs (2005) Dorling Kindersly, London, uk. (page 91)
"adverse reactions to large doses of vitamin C and pyridoxine (vitamin B6) have been reported."

Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology, (Martini) p948

"effects of excess, kidney stones"

~~ Edited out because I like ATS, and try to deny ignorance and anger~~. The above are just three very quick things for you to think over before you flame me about what i do and do not know - you never know, one day you too might follow where I walk - till then, be nice.

And for your information, vit C over use is not uncommon amongst multi vitamin takers who use it on top of a good diet during heavy exercise over a long period..... or young girls who take loads of suppliments instead of eating to stay thin.....

Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Any one else please feel free to add any thing you have to this thread...

As I feel that at times some information can seem overwhelming to some, so i say the more educated you become, the less will suprise /shock / cause upset to you..

new topics

join