It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Indigo Child

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Dear people of the forum. As with another case, I'm an indigo child. And I'm confused. I knew that I was a weird kid by the time that I was 10, just because of some of my interests and habits, but being born and raised Christian, I never considered the possibilities of something different. When I was 13, I was raped, no kidding, by a 22 year old named. . .Indigo. My life changed. Now I'm 14, I just discovered the theory/whatever it is, and the traits fit me perfectly. What now?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
well....according to some google searching indigo kids are supposed to be more spiritually evolved than the previous generation. although what that does for you...don't really know. that and plus or minus some other new agey stuff. so i guess your best bet is to do some googling and see what comes up for you. sometimes things just aren't explained well...even on the internet...which is lame,but hey, what are you gonna do?

optimus

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
After reading your post I looked this stuff up and I found this site which is quite inforamtive.
It has a "how to tell if your an indigo child" thing on it with questions, I can answer yes to each one of them but I wouldn't know what to do about it.
But anyway this page has some quite interesting stuff on it.

www.namastecafe.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thanks. To tell you the truth, I just heard about it today. It sounded a bit ironic, looking at my past. Googling it was really strange because every trait that she (the psychic, can't remember her name, that wrote a book about it) mentioned related directly to me. I get an insane amount of deja vu like 'visions' or whatever during the week, I have a high empathy level with my best friend, who I also suspect of being an Indigo child, and I've always been able to really. . .sense(?) other peoples feelings. Isn't that supposed to be some form of clairvoyance? If I could get some advice on where to go from here, I'd be really grateful. Thank you all.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by steelblue71
If I could get some advice on where to go from here, I'd be really grateful. Thank you all.

Step back, take a deep breath, get a good perspective on Your big picture, then follow your convictions.

Right, Wrong or Indifferent.

$.02

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There's no such thing as an "Indigo Child". It's just a term that some people use to make them feel somewhat better about themselves & to help them understand why they behave & feel so different from everyone else. I can consider myself an Indigo person, because I suit all the qualifications, but it doesn't change anything, it doesn't help me in any way & just adds another label to myself to help me feel more important than others.

It's a waste of time & it's sort of small minded when you think about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
There's no such thing as an "Indigo Child". It's just a term that some people use to make them feel somewhat better about themselves & to help them understand why they behave & feel so different from everyone else. I can consider myself an Indigo person, because I suit all the qualifications, but it doesn't change anything, it doesn't help me in any way & just adds another label to myself to help me feel more important than others.

It's a waste of time & it's sort of small minded when you think about it.

Actually, the term "indigo" was derived from the color of their aura.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
When I had first heard the term, I read up on it and to me it just sounded like a way to describe a very spoiled, angry, selfish young person. The term only makes them feel better about themselves and justifies their bratty behavior.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
When I had first heard the term, I read up on it and to me it just sounded like a way to describe a very spoiled, angry, selfish young person. The term only makes them feel better about themselves and justifies their bratty behavior.

I disagree, but okay.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie

The other day (after i looked at this thread) i decided to take a test to see if i fell into the indigo child category (just for fun) and it said that i did. I'm not bratty or selfish (although i would be considered spoiled, because life seems to "hand" me things). I haven't changed at all just because of what some test said. I do have to admit that many of the supposed indigo children that i've seen online do tend to sound rather selfish and bratty, but that has nothing to do with every other person who's not that way. Think about how many selfish and bratty people are on this planet, just because there are many bratty americans we can't say that all americans are bratty.

Regardless of wether indigo children exist according to your beliefs, there are profound changes occuring all over the world. People are becoming more open minded, accepting, and loving. Many of the people in my generation (I'm 18) are coming to realize that it's not about materialistic views, but about love. I'm not saying that everyone is this way, i've just noticed that when you look at adults versus people my age, from where i live there are more people my age that spread love and untiy.

Peace, love, and light

Pancho

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Regardless of wether indigo children exist according to your beliefs, there are profound changes occuring all over the world. People are becoming more open minded, accepting, and loving. Many of the people in my generation (I'm 18) are coming to realize that it's not about materialistic views, but about love. I'm not saying that everyone is this way, i've just noticed that when you look at adults versus people my age, from where i live there are more people my age that spread love and untiy.

Peace, love, and light

Pancho

I'd say that most people from about 15-35 fit into the whole "indigo" generation. The first noticeable change in character took place in the early 1980s. It wasn't talked about much back then.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
... however, my aura is not indigo, it is blue. I resist the term "indigo" for what it stands for in general and recognize the condition of "Indigo" as an evolution of higher consciousness. The reason that I continue to put the word in quotations is because it is a title, and to be "Indigo" in and of itself resists such constraints.

To answer your question, what should you do next? Um, nothing really. Continue to pursue your introspective nature. Nuture your desire to dissect the world socially, politically, scientifically, mathmatically, psychologically etc... Live to make every moment before you better than those that have passed. Travel lightly and leave a small footprint. And finally, never ever stop seeking answers to those questions that perplex you or call to you. It's who you are and what you are called to do. There is really nothing more to it than that.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by steelblue71
When I was 13, I was raped, no kidding, by a 22 year old named. . .Indigo.

I am sorry to hear this, thats terrible.

Now I'm 14, I just discovered the theory/whatever it is, and the traits fit me perfectly. What now?

You don't need to be labeled an 'indigo child' in order to be special. What 'traits' are you considering as indicative that you are an 'indigo child'? THe indigo children are so named because they are supposed ot have an aura about them that is indigo in colour. This I think is a play on the colour spectrum and the idea that other 'frequencies' represent 'higher' dimensions, so an unusually coloured aura means you are radically different. Of course, since auras don't exist in the first place, this is something of a problem to the 'theory'.

The major problem is that there are so many characteristics listed as indicative of being an indigo, that pretty much anyone is an indigo, because anyone meets the criteria.

I get an insane amount of deja vu like 'visions' or whatever during the week,

Many people experience de ja vu, it doesn't mean that you have an indigo coloured aura or that you are part of this idea that the 'indigo' children will save the world during a hyperdimensional shift.

I have a high empathy level with my best friend

Everyone has a high empathy level with their best friends.

been able to really. . .sense(?) other peoples feelings. Isn't that supposed to be some form of clairvoyance?

Its not clairvoyant. Its empathy. Its a normal human ability.

I could get some advice on where to go from here, I'd be really grateful

Forget about the indigo stuff, and realize that you don't need some new age bunk in order to feel and be special.

speakeroftruth
I'd say that most people from about 15-35 fit into the whole "indigo" generation. The first noticeable change in character took place in the early 1980s. It wasn't talked about much back then.

Every generation has many people in it that fit the indigo requirements. Before indigo children it was 'star children', and once people get tired of indigos it will be something else.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
The other day (after i looked at this thread) i decided to take a test to see if i fell into the indigo child category (just for fun) and it said that i did. I'm not bratty or selfish (although i would be considered spoiled, because life seems to "hand" me things). I haven't changed at all just because of what some test said. I do have to admit that many of the supposed indigo children that i've seen online do tend to sound rather selfish and bratty, but that has nothing to do with every other person who's not that way. Think about how many selfish and bratty people are on this planet, just because there are many bratty americans we can't say that all americans are bratty.

Peace, love, and light

Pancho

I disagree with that. I believe the majority, not minority of people are becomeing more materialistic. Alot of peolple's focuses have changed, toward a material nature. Money, Cars, Jewelery...etc.

Indigo may be a colour, but humans do not emit auras. We do not glow with an indigo silouette. The only people that feel auras to the truest sense of the word are some epileptics just before they have an epileptic attack.
It's just a personal feeling. Nothing more. Nothing "special".

Another label to make people of low-selfesteem/too much self esteem feel better about themselves & to justify more of their rediculous actions. If you really seek attention, by all means, call yourself an "Indigo Child". Infact, why stop there?
Call yourself Super Powered Better-Than-You Humanoid.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by sdrawkcab]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

. Of course, since auras don't exist in the first place, this is something of a problem to the 'theory'.

You say that as if it's a universally accepted fact.
According to who, do auras not exist?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab

I disagree with that. I believe the majority, not minority of people are becomeing more materialistic. Alot of peolple's focuses have changed, toward a material nature. Money, Cars, Jewelery...etc.

Indigo may be a colour, but humans do not emit auras. We do not glow with an indigo silouette. The only people that feel auras to the truest sense of the word are some epileptics just before they have an epileptic attack.
It's just a personal feeling. Nothing more. Nothing "special".

Another label to make people of low-selfesteem/too much self esteem feel better about themselves & to justify more of their rediculous actions. If you really seek attention, by all means, call yourself an "Indigo Child". Infact, why stop there?
Call yourself Super Powered Better-Than-You Humanoid.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by sdrawkcab]

I'm not sure if the last part of that post was directed at me, but let me rephrase it so everyone can understand what i meant.

Some label is not going to change who you are, being an "indigo child" doesn't make you more special or more entitled to anything, it just means that you fit a certain set of charecteristics. I was saying that just because some test said that i'm an "indigo child" doesn't mean i'm going to go around claiming to be better than everyone else. I don't have self esteem issues, because i'm only concerned about improving myself compared to myself. I don't use other people to measure my worth, i might strive to be similar to some people of the past and present, but i don't judge.

I do admit that some people claiming to be "indigo children" do it just for attention, but people will do a lot of things for attention. I do believe there are such things as auras and chakras, and i've taken many tests to determine my chakra color (gold), but that's not going to change me either. You say that "indigo children" have self esteem issues, yet you are here attacking them. If there is a problem with somebody (especially self esteem) you don't fix it by attacking them.

Definately you will see an increase in materialistic people, because that's all that's shown in the media. No T.V. station cares about a poor person doing great things for the world, they care about Actors and so called musical "artists" who most are definately not artistic (all they do is stand in front of a camera and look "good"

Steelblue came in here looking for advice, so basically what i would say is love is the key to happiness. When you lose fear and put love in it's place, life becomes much better no matter what you are. Listen to your instincts and remember to think with love and not fear. As long as you trust yourself and keep love in your heart you will be fine.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
And no, the last part of my post wasn't directed at you. It was directed at people who consider themselves "The Sh!t".
And I did understand your post, I just didn't agree that the world was becoming less materialistic.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

It is a fact. Auras don't exist.

According to who

According to the people that claim they exist and their absolute inability to demonstrate that they do exist.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

It is a fact. Auras don't exist.

According to who

According to the people that claim they exist and their absolute inability to demonstrate that they do exist.

Although I would love to believe in Aura's, I gata say you can't beat that Logic.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by Aleksander]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Steelblue, I am also an indigo =) If you would like to chat you can IM me in AIM whenever you can catch me =) We can talk about whatever you'd like. I've been through much of what you say. Keep your head up and most importantly, concentrate on love above all else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join