It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush hides in a closet to avoid a crowd who hate him!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
[edit on 10-10-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
hypocrite. liar. hypocrite. liar. hypocrite.

I swear, thart was the bulk of that post.
How about we tone it down a little bit, or maybe a lot, and focus on the topics and discussing them and not each other.

You won't be warned again, and that goes for everyone.

Talk about the topic and not about each others appreciation for this or that, hypocrisy or honesty, because, rest assured, those ain't on topic

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
You mindless fanatics always try and make everything a left vs. right.

It's the old bi-partisan bickering that's being used as a distraction of the real problem...Besides, that "right vs. left" thing belongs over in PTS, not here. Mods can & will enforce that policy. I'm glad to see that Wyrd One stepped in & emphasized the point.

Good. I hope that those who chose to bring up the word LIBERAL take notice.

Originally posted by jsobecky
What is not to understand? The fact that you accept violence as a method of protest, and see it as normal behavior.

Yes, it is normal behavior...Or have you forgotten what the War of Independance was all about? In case you've forgotten, any war for any reason is going to be violent. Not to also mention this little blurb from the Declaration of Independence itself:

Now you're wrapping yourself in the flag as a justification for the actions of a mob.

You talk about rights out of one corner of your mouth, while you condone violating Jeb Bush's rights out of the other corner of your mouth. You are a hypocrite.

Yes, it is normal behavior...Or have you forgotten what the War of Independance was all about?

For you to compare the Revolutionary War with this incident is really reaching for straws. It's merely an excuse to vindicate the actions of a mob.

In case you've forgotten, any war for any reason is going to be violent.

So that's what this was? War? Did someone manage to alert Jeb Bush about that fact?

Not to also mention this little blurb from the Declaration of Independence itself:
"That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principals, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Once again, the last refuge of a scoundrel is patriotism.

Citing the Declaration of Independence the way you are is an attempt to paint yourself as patriotic while painting me as fascist. Nice try. I don't appreciate it one bit.

And it's just another transparent attempt to wrap yourself in the flag because you have no point.

When crooked politicians put themselves above the law & accountability, it is the Right of American Citizens to become patriots for their nation which, BTW, is not the same as being loyal to the government. Both sides of the bi-partisan bickering indicates, to me, people who are putting their government above their nation...Which is exactly what they've manipulated you to do.

This shows that you are totally confused and a liar. Never did I make this a partisan issue. It has nothing to do with it.

It is an issue of an American citizen being pursued by an unruly mob for a bunch of lame reasons that you are trying to defend. Nobody should be subject to that. Not Jeb Bush, not John Kerry. NO-ONE.

For you to continue to try to paint it as such is intellectually dishonest. And it isn't working; I don't care how many members try to make it work.

The fact is, if you disagree with a politician's actions, there are methods specified to deal with it. Like elections, for example.

Even after the controversies that have surround the whole process of elections, do you honestly believe that elections really mean anything to those crooks?

Then change the laws if you feel that way. Don't try the flag-wrapping facade with me.

Politicians & their corporate bosses have corrupted the whole process of government from every angle they can conceive & you still support them?

Once again, this has nothing to do with politics or politicians. It has to do with the actions of an unruly mob.

You strike me as either someone who chooses to be blind or perhaps some kind of (corporate or government) Subversive Agent sent here to spread disinformation. I can understand that ATS has grown large enough & has even captured the attention of the media, so seeing people like that can be expected.

You spew crap like that, and then whine for SO to come save you? Hypocrite.

If he runs, doesn't that imply that he has to be chased just to get a word in?

Where does it say that he owes these people the courtesy of a debate? He's not running for office in PA.

Seems to me someone should give SkepticOverlord a call to get the cyber-drama cleaned out of this thread...

As I said, you throw out personal attacks like calling me a Subversive Agent, and then you want SO to come and hold your hand?

I'm outta this thread. Have fun.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, back on topic...

What qualifies as a "mob"? Am I the only one that finds that labeling a tad over the top? Then again I suppose calling Jeb a fraidy cat isn't really that accurate either. No doubt that he(Or his security) were worried, but why? He obviously wasn't intimidated by them(or else he wouldn't have blown them a kiss right?), so I wonder why not just hear what they have to say, discuss it, and then go off to your next date - politicaians have een doing this for years haven't they? Heck even our former PM when a protester got into his face he just grabbed him and shoved him away... LMAO! Man that was funny.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Waiting2awake, you make a good point. I looked for a pic of this "mob" and had a hard time. This is all I could find:

That's a mob?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Post a link about Starr, please.

Originally posted by intrepid
Why? It's common knowledge.

OK, I understand if you can't supply facts to back up your allegation

That's just sad, obecky.

As for this:

Originallay posted by jsobecky
Once again, the last refuge of a scoundrel is patriotism.

All I can say is "Yes".

It is an issue of an American citizen being pursued by an unruly mob for a bunch of lame reasons that you are trying to defend. Nobody should be subject to that. Not Jeb Bush, not John Kerry. NO-ONE

Define lame.

And I believe that the right to protest is enshrined in the Bill of such. Which I also belive has some kind of correlation with your constitution.

Take a look at countries where the right to free assembly is limited to public gatherings of not more than 4 people (Singapore, Queensland under Joh's gerrymander, okay, not a country...) and tell me its a good idea for the government to decide which reasons are "lame" and which are "valid".

Hey, go to Cambodia, there the constitution guarantees the right to free assembly, but the government uses an old State of Cambodia (VN puppet government, all laws of which repudiated by current constitution) law to break up all public gatherings critical of the government. And the courts are too pisweak to enforce the constitution.

So, I guess ol' Jeb'll just have to live with it...

edit: quotes and italics...

[edit on 10-10-2006 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Waiting2awake, you make a good point. I looked for a pic of this "mob" and had a hard time. This is all I could find:

That's a mob?

Thats the only pic I saw, but I assumed it was from a different time. I see no unruly mob. Ohh well, everyone can be frieghtend and lord knows having a bunch of steel workers agry at you is probably not the most pleasent thing, but being in public office I would have figured that was part and parcel of the job?

RUN JEB RUN!!! LMAO!!

Not nice that someone was frieghtened, but shouldn't a grown man be able to handle himself a bit better?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I thought I'd bump this thread since Jeb 'get a husband' Bush threw his hat in the ring for POTUS.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join